Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

XBOX 360 Red Ring Death
Posted 2009-09-28, 12:31 AM
Hey, I know I ain't been on in a long time... like forever... but that's due to lots of personal issues. One thing that kinda sucked, but wasn't a major reason for my leaving here, is my 360 got the Red Ring of Death back in March or April. After, well I fixed it on Sept. 24, so from let's say mid April until that day, it was sitting in my room... o_o Yeah...

Anyways, I fixed it by using the penny method (wrapping 2 pennies in electrical tape and replacing the "band-aid" things with them, followed by wrapping it with the towel for a minute) and so far so good! Although, it wasn't reading the discs, so I had to take it apart again and hit the motor in the disc drive with WD-40 so it would work... for another month at least, until I gotta do that again...

Anywho, Just wondering if anyone else here has tried any methods like this to fix the Red Ring of Death and what not... I know SYG, I think it was, chucked his across the room, and he discovered that that method doesn't fix it...
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2009-09-28, 01:04 AM in reply to Draco2003's post "XBOX 360 Red Ring Death"
Last time I had a Red Ring I threw my Xbox out the window into the street, jumped out the window after it, and commenced stomping on it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-09-28, 10:43 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Last time I had a Red Ring I threw my..."
I sent mine into Microsoft and got it fixed for free.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2009-09-28, 11:10 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I sent mine into Microsoft and got it..."
And that is what separates the men from the boys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-09-28, 12:01 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "And that is what separates the men from..."
I just paid to buy a new one....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-09-28, 12:48 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "And that is what separates the men from..."
Let's see....

You: wasted ~$400 by smashing yours to pieces
Me: got it fixed for FREE

I'm smarter?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2009-09-28, 01:15 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Let's see.... You: wasted ~$400 by..."
Yeah but I got a grin out of syg's way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-09-28, 02:09 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Yeah but I got a grin out of syg's way."
I heard in radio if u get that wrap a towel around it and make it overheat if u do that it will reset xbox 360 and it will fix.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2009-09-28, 02:41 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Let's see.... You: wasted ~$400 by..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
Let's see....

You: wasted ~$400 by smashing yours to pieces
Me: got it fixed for FREE

I'm smarter?
Not necessairily. He just has more money.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-09-30, 03:02 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Not necessairily. He just has more..."
True. Plus, if you get the arcade version (no hard drive), it's only like $200.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2009-09-30, 03:05 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "True. Plus, if you get the arcade..."
The new PS3 Slim is only 299 now too. It went on sale exactly 2 weeks after I bought my other, regular one.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-09-30, 03:17 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "The new PS3 Slim is only 299 now too...."
You may be able to wait and sell your non-slim PS3 (after people finish off-loading for the slim) for a decent price. The slim version does not support installing another OS, so I'm sure there will be people looking to build Linux PS3 clusters interested in your console.

I suspect that this is the very reason that Sony cut the feature. Things like a government open request-for-quote for hundreds of PS3s for a super-computing initiative were excellent hype for Sony's Cell chip, but ultimately cost them money. Time to force these people to buy the (by now mature) product offerings designed for such things and cash in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-09-30, 04:47 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "You may be able to wait and sell your..."
What does that have to do with Xbox red ring of death?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-09-30, 06:33 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "What does that have to do with Xbox red..."
Nothing. It has to do with the post I responded to, where D3V seemed annoied that he managed to buy a PS3 at the exact wrong time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-09-30, 10:52 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "What does that have to do with Xbox red..."
Stay on topic or I will have to ask an admin to think about giving you a warning.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-10-01, 06:58 AM in reply to Draco2003's post "XBOX 360 Red Ring Death"
Draco2003 said: [Goto]
Hey, I know I ain't been on in a long time... like forever... but that's due to lots of personal issues. One thing that kinda sucked, but wasn't a major reason for my leaving here, is my 360 got the Red Ring of Death back in March or April. After, well I fixed it on Sept. 24, so from let's say mid April until that day, it was sitting in my room... o_o Yeah...

Anyways, I fixed it by using the penny method (wrapping 2 pennies in electrical tape and replacing the "band-aid" things with them, followed by wrapping it with the towel for a minute) and so far so good! Although, it wasn't reading the discs, so I had to take it apart again and hit the motor in the disc drive with WD-40 so it would work... for another month at least, until I gotta do that again...

Anywho, Just wondering if anyone else here has tried any methods like this to fix the Red Ring of Death and what not... I know SYG, I think it was, chucked his across the room, and he discovered that that method doesn't fix it...
So have you gotten it fixed?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-10-01, 05:29 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Stay on topic or I will have to ask an..."
Warned. Officially.

~CLOSED!~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2009-10-01, 08:49 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "And that is what separates the men from..."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
And that is what separates the men from the boys.
Lmao! Nice!

I dunno about xBox, but my PSP has been a total faggot lately. The screen is all fogged on the inside, and it's been having trouble going on and off...
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-10-02, 07:47 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Lmao! Nice! :grin: I dunno about..."
Place it in front of a fan for about 10 minutes with the back cover off and it facing where the wind can dry it out, or use a hairdryer with cool air.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-10-02, 09:25 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Last time I had a Red Ring I threw my..."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
Last time I had a Red Ring I threw my Xbox out the window into the street, jumped out the window after it, and commenced stomping on it.
The funny thing is, I can actually see you doing this.

My old printer decided that the day before a major term paper was due that it didn't want to work. Then when it finally did start to actually do something, it just printed blank pages, something it had never done before. So I punched it into submission. When I bought my new printer, I sat it beside the old one for a little while so that it knew what would happen to it if it ever started giving me shit. It's worked fine so far for two years+
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM