Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Posted 2012-03-17, 01:17 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "After we get a few more ideas from..."
Skurai said:
This might seem complex, though. Okay, here's the idea:

A playlist, that each of us contribute to. Now, to keep it balanced, each member can have a total of three songs on it, but we can switch out the songs we want at will (that way I couldn't just put a bunch of spammy sounding music, to piss people off, but I still would have the right to at least 3 songs, if I wanted).

Or perhaps the number of songs would be linked to your post number. For example, since I have significantly less posts than !K_A!, let's say I can only put in about three songs, but he can put in a good ten or fifteen.

OR a different (probably better, and maybe even easier to program), we just have one player, but everyone gets their own custom playlist, and each member can just select who's list they want to hear.

Just an idea that might be fun to tinker with.
That would probably require a lot of coding. Maybe an easier thing would be to incorporate youtube playlists. Find the song, make the playlist, and have it automatically go to the next 'track'. An anime board I go to has a youtube tag.

Testing:
BORKED

Edit: Yup it works. We can just embed the player on the website. They stay on zelaron the whole time.

I don't think we can, or wetwired will even let us, host actual songs on the website. We don't have permissions from the artists and that leads into a whole lot of copyright bullshit. If we can link to youtube, then the problem is on their end.

Test2:
BORKED
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9858FABAB56EFBA5

Anyone know how to use vbulletin to embed youtube playlists? I can only get individual songs.

Last edited by Sovereign; 2012-03-17 at 01:39 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2012-03-17, 05:11 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "That would probably require a lot of..."
Kaos said:
Theres a vbulletin mod that embeds the cb on the actual homepage.

http://screensnapr.com/e/WikKqO.jpg

my photoshop color skills suck but it would look like that but with matching css attributes. i can look it up if u want.
I've asked our resident pot head to look further into it. Thanks Kaos.

Keep the ideas coming guys. No matter how stupid it may sound, we may be able to tweak the idea into a good thing.

In b4 skurai spams my inbox.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2012-03-18, 01:18 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "That would probably require a lot of..."
It'd be 50% Rick roll...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-03-22, 06:26 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "It'd be 50% Rick roll..."
Asamin said:
I really do think that we need to update the metadata info for this site. I've been gone a few years and when I came back there aren't any new people. We say we're a gaming forum but there isn't actually that many forums dedicated to specific games. I think if we did that that could help a lot.

As far as the metadata is concerned, we have:
Code:
<meta name="keywords" content="wow,worldofwarcraft,warcraft,d2,diablo,diablo2,diabloii,starcraft,star craft,sc, war craft,,rpg maker,game,gaming,discussion,vbulletin,forum,bbs,bulletin board" />
<meta name="description" content="This is a cool place to hang out and talk about computers, computer games, and life" />
Yes we do have gaming and forums seperate but i've found if you also include them together it'll boost google hits. Also, we do not represent every single game that is listed in a forum. We just have a D2 forum and a general gaming forum. If we make a WoW, SC, Warcraft and such forums then I think it'll really boost how many people sign up and stay.
Never gonna give you up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2012-03-23, 01:53 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Never gonna give you up."
kaos said:
Asamin is right we need to change the meta description to something more relevent in general, but DO NOT use the keywords meta tags. Post titles are automatically updated and since we have general discussion posts with general titles that have nothing to do with the keywords, Google is going to think it's a page about "keyword" but since the page is irrelevent to the actual keywords it's going to rank low.

Zelaron is over 10 years old and still has a pagerank of 1. I have an autoblog that's less than 5 months old that I started it and it's already Pagerank 2. Not saying anyone doing anything wrong, just saying that search engines have changed alot since Zelaron first started and doing a little bit of tweaking can drastically improve our rankings and give us more traffic.

Keep the ideas coming. I'll unlock this thread in a week or so for discussion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2012-04-12, 08:58 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Keep the ideas coming. I'll unlock..."
Totally forgot. Unlocked if anyone has anything to add.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2012-04-17, 11:29 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Totally forgot. Unlocked if anyone has..."
From my experience recently, we really need to implement some of these since the only new intro thread since mine has been a bot.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-04-17, 12:46 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "From my experience recently, we really..."
Asamin, go look at the introduction forums. We haven't had a real introduction thread for years. Literally.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-04-17, 07:36 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Asamin, go look at the introduction..."
Ok so lets have a real debate and get some changes really going. Since me and you seem to be the most active intelligent users (besides Kagom) lets brainstorm. Of all the stuff that we have here so far, what do you think we should do?
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-04-17, 08:48 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Ok so lets have a real debate and get..."
Delete the forums, sell the domain, split the profits and move on with our lives?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-04-17, 10:21 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Delete the forums, sell the domain,..."
What profits? What lives? And who would buy the domain Zelaron.com?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-04-18, 03:44 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "What profits? What lives? And who would..."
There are 466,647 sites with a better three-month global Alexa traffic rank than Zelaron.com. While roughly 45% of the site's visitors are in India, where it is ranked #80,048, it is also popular in Pakistan, where it is ranked #53,086. The site's visitors view an average of 6.0 unique pages per day. Approximately 20% of visits to Zelaron.com consist of only one pageview (i.e., are bounces). The site is relatively popular among users in the city of Calcutta (where it is ranked #7,753).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-04-18, 07:06 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "What profits? What lives? And who would..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
What profits? What lives? And who would buy the domain Zelaron.com?
I would. I would buy this place in a heart beat.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-04-18, 09:04 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "There are 466,647 sites with a better..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
There are 466,647 sites with a better three-month global Alexa traffic rank than Zelaron.com. While roughly 45% of the site's visitors are in India, where it is ranked #80,048, it is also popular in Pakistan, where it is ranked #53,086. The site's visitors view an average of 6.0 unique pages per day. Approximately 20% of visits to Zelaron.com consist of only one pageview (i.e., are bounces). The site is relatively popular among users in the city of Calcutta (where it is ranked #7,753).
But still, they're coming for the games and posts. If someone else bought the domain it would be for their own site.

Anyway, so you're basically saying that this is what zelaron now is and will always be? An in active wasteland?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-04-18, 09:38 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "But still, they're coming for the games..."
Why's it so popular is Pakistan of all places? I figured South Korea, since they're big MMO freaks.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-04-19, 07:54 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Why's it so popular is Pakistan of all..."
Maybe we're what they think Americans are like. That's a scary thought.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-04-19, 04:09 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Maybe we're what they think Americans..."
We basically are, when you break it down.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-04-19, 04:50 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "We basically are, when you break it..."

Pretty much this
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2012-04-19, 05:34 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "http://i.imgur.com/Q0bLZ.png Pretty..."
Well, I tried. I gave it my best, but we're just over :P This forum is very much dead. I believe 99% of site traffic is the arcade.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-04-19, 08:35 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "http://i.imgur.com/Q0bLZ.png Pretty..."
Grav said: [Goto]

Pretty much this
I giggled.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai