Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Mantralord's LIVE HURRICANE COVERAGE thread.
Posted 2004-09-03, 10:23 AM
I will be covering the hurricane in detail as often as I can until the power goes out, or until I die. I will edit my post with details. So here I go:

12:00 PM: Winds at 35 mph, who knows what happened, but the fuse box blew a fuse, so half of the house is without power.

12:30 PM: Fuse replaced, winds at 35 mph. The first outer band is making it's way across the city.

12:32 PM: Just found out that Al Roker is in the city and will be going through the hurricane too for some odd reason.

12:51 PM: Got third place in a game of CS. Winds probably still at 35 mph.

2:40 PM: Kagom showed up for some "stormchasing."

2:42 PM: Winds up to 38 mph. Expecting big storms in like an hour as the outer bands come in.

7:22 PM: I felt like playing D2 for 5 hours. Winds up to 45 mph.

9:51 PM: We were all bracing for impact, and then the hurricane suddenly stalled and is going at 4 mph now. Winds have dropped completely too. I think it's teasing us. It's only like 150 miles off the coast.

11:52 PM: It's started moving again...It's supposed to hit tomorrow at 2 pm.

Next day...

9:52 AM: Windy!

2:25 PM: Sitting at the eye wall, winds at 100 mph. Hurricane stationary on top of us.

7:58 PM: Power went out at around 2:30, so I went to sleep for 5 hours and woke up at 7:30. Power just came back on again; hurricane is now moving towards land, in 3 hours it will be at maximum. I will post pics soon!

Sept 7, 1:46 PM: Coming to you live off a generator. Power is out, flooding everywhere (except my house), and trees blown down!

EDIT: Attached pic of me standing in the eye of the hurricane! Although it doesn't look like it, winds do gust at like 90 mph in there, and it was very windy at the moment of the pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of DSCN0295.JPG (21.3 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by mantralord; 2004-09-07 at 11:40 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord