Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Question Any Ideas?
Posted 2004-10-25, 08:10 AM
Alright, here is the thing. I wanted to try out something fun, since I heard it really works, but the problem is skill placement. Let me know what you feel i should do.

Energy Sorc Build.

Now, not sure but some of us tends to use vitality points often in sorcs. In fact, some dont even put into energy at all and focus entirely on vitality to keep your sorc alive. I've practiced with energy orb, and even at 1 point (with boosts) its extremely effective. (I know i can solo Hell with my sorc even if she is for mfing). Her build is: 100 stre, 25 (base) dex, ? Vital, 200 energy. Remainder points go into vital. With energy orb, she does great.

Anyway, so here is the real the real thing im having trouble with.

I wish to make a sorc, entirely using the energy shield skill. I might even use her for duels so she needs to be in tip top condition.

Masteries are: 20 Energy Shield, 20 Telekineses (helps energy shield)
Stats: Maybe 100 for Stre, 0 for Dex, 0 for Vital, Unlimited for Energy.

I estimate that if I find collect those 20 to life, 75 to mana SCs, I'll probably pass over the 2500 mana range and have decent life.

As you can see where this is going, this sorc will have a crapload of life, mainly because each point into energy gives a lot better results than a point into vital, but the downfall is that I'll lose lots of points that could be placed into skill.

Assuming Im dueling, I need the Gear and Skills required to kill many players with the same ease as most dueling sorcs. So this is where you guys come in, can you help me decide a skill?

Note: By Level 80: I'll have 79 (Level Skills) 12 (Quest Skills).
Total: 91
-40 (Energy and Telekineses (Do not confuse for teleport!)

Total: 51
-10 (Rough estimate on prequirements for any skills you guys choose)

Final Total: 41

So now I have 41 points to spare, where shall it go?

Someone told me Ice Orb. To Max out Frozen Orb along with Cold Mastery. That doesn't seem that bad of an idea honestly. Only problem I see is that orbs tend to fire slow, yet they have good range.

Nova is another thought. I can be powerful and casts extremely fast compared to frozen orb. However, the problem I see is that I'll be going very close to the individual. Of course I'll have a massive amount of life for a sorc, but those damn ethereal BOTD still hurt =(.

A joking person told me to max out lightning mastery only and dump the rest into something like teleport. Why? So I'll telekineses the person dead. Just keep casting over and over until i pin them against a wall and keep doing it until they die. (Almost like a Paladin Smite). I never tried this but I have killed someone with a warcry barb, I pinned them in a corner and warcried them to death. I admit using mana pots but hell, it was too funny to stop, he couldn't escape at all.

I was thinking of Meteors, Blizzards and other skills, but they require syn energies, which I wont have points for. So its a pretty tough choice. Anyway, so what do you guys think? Should i go with Frozen Orb? Nova? Telekineses? Or Maybe Enchant and be a melee sorc? Maybe wear a few raven frosts and get dex. I also need a gear listing =).
"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind"
"Im about to overload my aggression inhibitors"

"It says....push any key...er um, which one is the 'any' key?"

"Knowledge is Power. Power--Leads to Corruption. So we all go to school to be Evil!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
StarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

StarcraftGhost

Posted 2004-10-25, 08:26 AM in reply to StarcraftGhost's post "Any Ideas?"
Hmm.

I thought the bugged sc's were +70 to mana +15 to life. Sorcs that synergize energy shield and use these can be quite the fucker to kill. However, these sc's cost about 3 3/20/20's each, last I checked... A stash full of them (39) = 117 3/20/20's... You have that many?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-10-25, 08:47 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Hmm. I thought the bugged sc's..."
Arg+ they poofing, but back to the es/telek build, go frozen orb as it only has 1 synergy+cold mastery...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
GEEkZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGEEkZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

GEEkZ

Posted 2004-10-25, 08:48 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Hmm. I thought the bugged sc's..."
Unfortunately No =(. Im not THAT rich, but I think they're one buck if you get them from d2items or some crap. Not that i plan to do that. Oh well, just have to trade for it, I dont mind, still something new I could try. You know, it just hit me that if I use a Call To Arms or have a Barbarian ally do BO, 5000+ Mana would be fun ;D. Thats A LOT of Mana (LIFE).

Or may I can socket lots of P Rubies or Vital Runes / Jewels?
"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind"
"Im about to overload my aggression inhibitors"

"It says....push any key...er um, which one is the 'any' key?"

"Knowledge is Power. Power--Leads to Corruption. So we all go to school to be Evil!"

Last edited by StarcraftGhost; 2004-10-25 at 08:50 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
StarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

StarcraftGhost

Posted 2004-10-25, 07:54 PM in reply to StarcraftGhost's post starting "Unfortunately No =(. Im not THAT rich,..."
100+stre is too much imo...if u have an anni + items u can go even lower.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson