Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Posted 2008-08-26, 12:35 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "What the crazy brit said."
Hey that is a good system for it.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-09-08, 04:38 AM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "Hey that is a good system for it."
Wetwired: I think you might add somewhere in there to say that if you want your square picture to compeltely use the circle it needs to be 600 x 600 resolution. At least for me that is what I have figured out, minor tweaking follows.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-08, 06:50 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Wetwired: I think you might add..."
I think that's the best I've seen as far as big avatars go, actually. Most people just stick something bigger in it, and hope it doesn't look retarded.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-08, 07:42 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Wetwired: I think you might add..."
Actually, it's 150x150, and it tells you.
Quote:
If you have a custom avatar and want to keep it as it is, leave the fields below as they are.

Use Custom Avatar

You may upload a new custom image using the controls below.

Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website

Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 150 by 150 pixels or 117.2 KB (whichever is smaller).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-08, 08:14 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Actually, it's 150x150, and it tells..."
if you create a 150 by 150 picture it doesnt fill the whole circle, in my experience... my pictures i use as avatar's are all 600 x 600. perhaps its just me tho
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-08, 09:09 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "if you create a 150 by 150 picture it..."
If you upload anything larger, it downsizes it so that the longest dimention is 150px. Maybe the image you're using has a border? It's also possible that it's something with the resize code if your image takes up too much disk space.

Last edited by WetWired; 2008-09-08 at 09:12 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-08, 09:33 AM in reply to WetWired's post "New Ginormous Avatar rules"
Just to let you know, the Ginormous avatars don't work very well with Google Chrome.

Nor does the WYSIWIG editor, strangely enough.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-09-08, 09:40 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Just to let you know, the Ginormous..."
Get a browser that supports z-index, thank you
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-08, 09:51 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Get a browser that supports z-index,..."
Don't worry, it's not my default.

I'd have thought that by now WebKit would support z-index. Ah well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-09-08, 10:07 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Don't worry, it's not my default. :p ..."
Actually, I think it's some obscure interaction. Maybe you should bring it up with the developers and see what they say. I've looked into fixing it, and I can't find anything wrong with the way I'm doing it. Not only does each part have a z-index specifying the stacking order, but they are in the document in the order they should be stacked, which is the fallback plan if there are no z-indexes, according to the standard, IIRC.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-08, 12:50 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Just to let you know, the Ginormous..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Just to let you know, the Ginormous avatars don't work very well with Google Chrome.

Nor does the WYSIWIG editor, strangely enough.
I've had that same problem lately, but only at home and with firefox. I use the same version of firefox at work and at home (2.0.0.16), but it only happens at home. The only difference I can think of is I'm running Vista in 64-bit at home, whereas at work I'm just using XP.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-09, 08:16 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I've had that same problem lately, but..."
just looking for confirmation, is there in fact only a level 2 now? or is it still a level 1 then you move up to level 2
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-10, 06:20 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "just looking for confirmation, is there..."
Perhaps you should re-read it, because obviously you are at level 1 right now, what with the large avatar and all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-10, 07:43 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Perhaps you should re-read it, because..."
eh, where could i read that i am level one atm? all level two gets you is the abillity to move down to 20%, theres nothing defined anywhere that says hey, your level 1
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-10, 09:31 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "eh, where could i read that i am level..."
Besides the simple logic of "I haven't been at 100% for 28 days then posted 'complete'," there's always
http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?p=580469
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-10, 09:34 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Besides the simple logic of "I haven't..."
you edited that after i had posted for confirmation, also - it was said there is no level two anymore, so the simple logic of me posting complete wouldnt be a valid defense.

you do realize all this required was a simple yes or no answer right?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-10, 09:43 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "you edited that after i had posted for..."
It gets edited all the time. What's your point? Your name wasn't on the level 2 list when you posted the original question, so obviously you weren't level 2. Also, wouldn't you expect an official announcement if the rules had changed? If nothing else, it's obvious that Thanatos is at level 1 (because his full avatar shows in his profile, but only the 80x80 center on his posts) and that Chruser and me are at level 2 (because we're under 75% and have large avatars in our posts).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2008-09-10, 01:40 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "It gets edited all the time. What's..."
Look at that, I am like 40 some % and have my avatar big. I don't know if I am level two.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2009-05-06, 12:44 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Look at that, I am like 40 some % and..."
Everytime I get close to 100% I end up having to leave for whatever reason like WAR. Or in this case away from war.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-06, 12:45 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Everytime I get close to 100% I end up..."
Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
Everytime I get close to 100% I end up having to leave for whatever reason like WAR. Or in this case away from war.
Cry more noob.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!