Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

View Poll Results: Should we try President Bush & Company?
Yes, to the full extent of the law. 7 70.00%
Yes, but we should go easy on him as far as treason or anything along those lines. 1 10.00%
No. He was our President and he didn't do THAT bad. 1 10.00%
I don't care 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Should Bush & Co. Be Prosecuted?
Posted 2008-04-16, 09:33 PM
As we all know President Bush has treaded and, quite possibly, crossed the line of legality in his presidency. He has given permission to spy on American citizens without warrants, endorses torture, and involved us in a senseless war, among other things. Now, I ask you, should we try him for any crimes he's suspected to have committed?

Obama apparently wants to go after him if he wins.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/a...n_torture.html

Last edited by Willkillforfood; 2008-04-16 at 09:35 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-16, 10:29 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Should Bush & Co. Be Prosecuted?"
Yes. His actions have caused the deaths of more people that Saddam ever caused. I'm against killing someone as a punishment, however, because I don't think it's a very effective punishment. Life in prison for the asshole, and not some comfy prison, but everyday prison.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-04-17, 12:01 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "Should Bush & Co. Be Prosecuted?"
I don't care.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-04-17, 06:54 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I don't care."
I voted the second yes.

This is a very sensitve subject for me. I've got a few friends that've been overseas already and are going to have to go back on consecutive tours, for fucking what?

The Administration knew about 9/11 before it happend, that is a fact. They knew exactly where it was going to happen, and how it was going to happen, and did nothing to prevent it, or even tried to prevent it. Shit, they even went as far to evacuate the Pentagon before the attacks just to save their own asses, great timing huh?

They have now, lost Bin Laden who is our only REAL target, and are going to have spent over a trillion dollars in the Iraq war/reconstruction, and possibly over 3 trillion when all is said and done. Thisis the biggest catastrophe in our country's history, and yet, with all of these facts laid on the table we still have ignorant ass americans that can't comprehend anything for themselves and radio talk show hosts that are boasting that we aren't going to change our route, it's so aggrovating. Fuck.

I change my answer, prosecute this clown as well as Cheney and anybody else that is involved and knows they are in the wrong. This has gone on for far too long, fuck, he should've been impeached 2 years ago.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-04-17, 02:37 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I voted the second yes. This is a..."
I don't like Bush and I have never thought of this but you seem to raise good points, he's done a bad job and his screw ups will forever be in the history books marring the US history more. (Nothing against the US history but the US wasn't the best in its history in some aspects)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-04-23, 09:30 AM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "I don't like Bush and I have never..."
I would rather have Nixon in. At least he just spied on the other party without warrants, and he only tortured shitty celebrities (unconfirmed rumor there), and he didn't want to send troops he wanted to send missles and bombs. His philosophy was that you use the special forces to take out their air defenses and then bomb their country until it's below sea level. No lie.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-04-23, 09:32 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "I would rather have Nixon in. At least..."
Hell, I was for an assassination of Saddam after we did confirm we were going to go there, think about it. We had to have a huge assault on ground when in reality we could've had spy-ops sneak in there and take him out no problem, and then have left.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-04-23, 09:38 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Hell, I was for an assassination of..."
That was my stance on it. I just said bomb them until the people get tired of their losses and turn him over. If they don't too bad. Turn them into the Afghan Sea.

Located only miles away from the Black Sea, yar matey!

My entire stance on wars is always going to be the same. You are there to fight and kill your enemies. If they are not with you they are against you. Kill them. Have it in your heart to genocide their culture if need be. But using innocent people as an excuse to go easy on your enemy is weak.

I thought it was total bullshit and I told the recruiter they can have me when they grow some testicles.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-04-23, 10:25 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "That was my stance on it. I just said..."
Well I still don't agree with any invasion of Iraq, I feel it was a stupid call and is still a horrible mistake that isn't going to be fixed until a new president is put in office. What's even worse is how good off Bush and Cheney's companies are doing, fucking bullshit. They need to be persecuted atleast somehow.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-04-23, 10:29 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well I still don't agree with any..."
I find it funny how people don't believe in the use of assassins. I'm sorry but if you can end a conflict with just the death of the leader I think it's the best option. I picked the first one simply because I think the tactics they used both politically and militarily weak. I do not want those assholes in any position of power ever again.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2008-04-23, 11:46 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "I find it funny how people don't..."
I'm pretty sure the U.S. assassinates people. They just probably keep it to the less popular people who aren't followed as closely by the news. If not, I know U.S. corporations have people assassinated. Uprooting governments can be profitable .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-26, 10:01 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'm pretty sure the U.S. assassinates..."
I'm a pacifist and idealist at heart I don't think anyone anywhere should have war, and not just in the lovey-huggy-hippy way, but as a matter of principle. I just don't think there's a point in it all.
Of course, I don't think that just because something comes naturally, that it implies that we should do so. Sure, violence is in our nature, and there are obvious gains from simply dominating an opponent with force, but I think that humanities biggest strength is our ability to control ourselves and to properly determine when and where it is appropriate to listen to our nature and when it is appropriate to do otherwise. Nature is selfish, but humanity would not be where we are today if everyone was looking after themselves alone.

I don't think we should have gone to war. I think the United States is destroying it's reputation with the world, and it's a shame. After 9/11, we should have simply gone after Bin Laden, and only Bin Laden. Even better, we should have trusted and relied upon the help of our fellow nations more. Put a fraction of what we have spent in the war in to increasing home security, and even if Bin Laden and company STILL managed to carry out an attack successfully, the world would be more and more on or side of the issue. People are more willing to help the victim than the aggressor.
Furthermore, the rest of that money that would have gone to war expenses could be used for humanitarian purposes...for pete's sake, we're one of the richest, most powerful nations in the world and we spend it all on tools of death dealing...it's terrible. I admire Bill Gates for his generous charitable actions. Humanitarian aide and science/research. Only more knowledge will save us all from the oncoming energy crises...not to mention the global warming
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
krisvek is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkrisvek is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

krisvek