Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Post Army, Special Forces
Posted 2003-04-15, 01:45 PM
I decided against the Corps, because the Army has more to offer and they have a better sniper division.
So, I'm going to be Army Special Forces... Ugh... So much training though!!!
Just in case anyone's interested, here's the training courses:
Quote:
Below you will find the training path. Individuals without prior military
service must follow all steps. Individuals with prior service already
holding a primary specialty in the 11 series (Infantry) will skip step 2 in
the training path. Individuals with prior service that are airborne
qualified will skip step 3 in the training path. Individuals with prior
service that are both Infantry and Airborne qualified will enlist with an
assignment to Fort Bragg, NC, skipping steps 2 and 3 in the training path.
Individuals must complete each step before proceeding to the next. NOTE:
Must obtain an electrocardiogram upon arrival at the Special Operations
Preparatory & Conditioning Course.
Training path at Fort Benning, Georgia

1. In-processing through Reception Battalion. (7-10 days)
2. Attend Infantry School (18 weeks) - Must achieve an Army Physical Fitness
Test (APFT) score of 229 with a minimum of 60 points in each event upon
completion of training.
3. Airborne School (3 weeks)
Training path at Fort Bragg, North Carolina
4. Special Operations Preparatory and Conditioning (2 weeks) - This course
is two weeks in duration, consisting of physical conditioning, land
navigation, and small unit tactics training. Individuals will be required to
meet Special Forces (SF) selection and eligibility criteria.
5. Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course ( 3 weeks)
6. Army Common Leader Training (2 to 3 weeks)
7. Small Unit Tactics (7 weeks)
8. Special Forces Qualification Course
Phase I SFQC (7 weeks)
Phase II - training in specific specialty (12-56 weeks)
9. SERE school ( Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape) ( 3 weeks)
10. Basic Military Language Course ( 16-24 weeks) Language will be dictated
based on the needs of the Special Operations Command at the time of your
attendance.
11.During this training you will attend the Primary Leadership Course
and Basic Noncommissioned Officer Course. This training is one month in
length for each phase. The total training time to complete all of this can
be range from 1 to 2 1/2 years.
I am going to get a membership to 24 Hour Fitness and work out for 3+ hours every single day for 6 months before I enlist.
Anyway, I know nobody here cares, I just thought I'd post it anyway.
Again... Ugh so much training!

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-04-15, 01:50 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Army, Special Forces"
Heh, they kept calling me, so I finally tell them I'll hear their spiel. I get there, we talk for about an hour (I think they wanted me because I got a really high score on thier ?ASVAP). Anyways they can't take me because I have a bone disease. Yes it's the same one on Unbreakable .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
drivehappy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendrivehappy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

drivehappy

Posted 2003-04-15, 02:07 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Army, Special Forces"
I heard SERE training is fatal. It sounded really hard.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-04-16, 04:01 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Army, Special Forces"
Jamesadin said:
I heard SERE training is fatal. It sounded really hard.
Yes sir, it has to be. They dont want you to die your first day.

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-04-16, 09:13 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Army, Special Forces"
Heh special forces...... i thought you had to enlist in infantry and then ask for a change to SF and if your commanding officer believes you can he will talk to other people then if you meet their criteria or have skills on a special need they require they'll take you in, i dotn think you sign up and thats it.

But i told you, the corps are shiznit.........

The easiest Special Forces unit for you to join is Rangers.......

edit: i found this

Quote:
The vast majority of the unit operatives come from the United StatesÂ’ elite Ranger battalions and Special Forces groups, however candidates are drawn from all branches of the Army, including the Army Reserve and National Guard. Those initially selected are usually chosen in one of three ways. The first of these is in response to advertisements posted at Army bases across the country. The second method is by word-of-mouth, or personal recommendation from sources whose opinions are important to Delta screeners. Finally, on occasion the unit will require the skills of individuals who might not fall into one of the first two categories. If, in the instance that DeltaÂ’s commanders feel that an individual would make a valuable addition to the team (for example someone who speaks an obscure language or possesses hard-to-come by technical skills), a representative from Delta will be dispatched specifically to interview that person.

Last edited by Hades-Knight; 2003-04-16 at 09:50 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2003-04-16, 10:08 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Army, Special Forces"
Anyway, the recruitment officer told me that I sign up, go through all training courses and if I'm good enough I'm in. If not I will join a tanker crew (hopefully I'll be assigned to my friend, who is a tank operator already) as a Scout.

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-04-16, 10:14 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Army, Special Forces"
Cool dude, good luck with all that. Make sure you run a hella lot too along with that rigorous weigh training.

OT: Haha, Drivehappy is like a frail, brittle bitch! Don't fall Mr. Glass.
What that disease called again?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-04-16, 10:23 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Army, Special Forces"
Good luck bro.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-04-16, 11:15 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Army, Special Forces"
I would love to be in the Task Force Delta. That would be the most enjoyable for me, just becuase of what they do. They protrayed the US Rangers and the US Delta Force very well in "Black Hawk Down".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2003-04-16, 11:54 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Army, Special Forces"
Jamesadin said:
I would love to be in the Task Force Delta. That would be the most enjoyable for me, just becuase of what they do. They protrayed the US Rangers and the US Delta Force very well in "Black Hawk Down".
I didnt like the movie, I just liked how realistic SOME aspects of it were. Although that was ruined when I remembered they were just wussy rich white boy actors...

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2003-04-16, 01:06 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Army, Special Forces"
Good luck, DFD. Atleast you're doing something with your life

Drivehappy, how the heck can does that thing work? If somebody punches you in the arm, your arm breaks? Or what?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos