Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post why do people smoke?
Posted 2006-11-23, 07:28 PM
just as the title says

why do people smoke i mean its dangerous it has dangerous ingredients which will actually make you die faster.

so whats the point? when i was 13 i had a smoke once and i threw it away and i never smoked again i just don't get whats the big deal

i fyou know its dangerous you knw it'll kill you then why do it?

this topic makes me more confused than shit
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2006-11-23, 07:59 PM in reply to kyeruu's post "why do people smoke?"
kyeruu said:
Shit makes you confused?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-11-23, 09:34 PM in reply to kyeruu's post "why do people smoke?"
kyeruu said:
just as the title says

why do people smoke i mean its dangerous it has dangerous ingredients which will actually make you die faster.

so whats the point? when i was 13 i had a smoke once and i threw it away and i never smoked again i just don't get whats the big deal

i fyou know its dangerous you knw it'll kill you then why do it?

Because they enjoy not being able to breathe? Because they want to get lung cancer? Because they want to have bad breath?

That's a hard question to answer...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2006-11-23, 09:36 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Because they enjoy not being able to..."
Some people at work actually like the smell of smoke.

And they called me weird when I said unlit ciggs have an ok smell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-11-23, 10:14 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Shit makes you confused?"
mjordan2nd said:
Shit makes you confused?
He's unclear on it being excreted from his ass or his mouth.

I disagree with smoking as it causes problems for others, it is a horrible waste of money and that it is an addiction that is marketed to the vulnerable. Personally, I will never smoke (anything) because it would ruin my sports and I can't think of a good reason to do something that will shorten my life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2006-11-24, 09:13 AM in reply to wilma's post starting "He's unclear on it being excreted from..."
finally people who understand why smoking makes no sense
wonder why only a few people hav eposted so far?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2006-11-24, 09:52 AM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "finally people who understand why..."
I think sleep usually plays a big part in people not posting.

---

People smoke because they think it's cool, because they see other doing it, because they hang around with people who tell them it's OK to smoke, because people tell them to smoke.

It's a horrible habit.

Whenever I go to a party, everyone gets drunk, obviously, and then people light up. If it's one of my friends I take the ciggarette from them, put it out, and take their lighter.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-11-24, 11:05 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I think sleep usually plays a big part..."
Lenny said:
I think sleep usually plays a big part in people not posting.

---

People smoke because they think it's cool, because they see other doing it, because they hang around with people who tell them it's OK to smoke, because people tell them to smoke.

It's a horrible habit.

Whenever I go to a party, everyone gets drunk, obviously, and then people light up. If it's one of my friends I take the ciggarette from them, put it out, and take their lighter.
Tell your friends there are other ways to get high....

like climbing to the top of a mountain.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2006-11-24, 12:34 PM in reply to kyeruu's post "why do people smoke?"
Are you talking about cigs or weed?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2006-11-24, 01:35 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Are you talking about cigs or weed?"
^ Yes
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-11-24, 03:25 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "^ Yes"
They smoke because:

1: A family member smokes, and the only way to not get sick from the smell all the time, is to take it up yourself.

2: Trying to be cool, to fit in (nobody forces a smoke, you take it on yourself)

3: It relaxes the person.

4: Any number of given reasons.

I don't and will never smoke because for one thing, I can't afford spending that much on ciggs nor would I want to have the bad breath or teeth that come with it. I will only live once and I wouldn't want to take that away from myself. The idea is idiotic, in the first place, Why would you inhale poisonous fumes? The true stupidity of the human mind shows whenever someone lights one up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-11-24, 03:40 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "They smoke because: 1: A family..."
Believe it or not, I actually like the smell of smoke. I'll smoke every once in a while, though it's generally hookah. I do it for sociability. If every one around me is smoking, I'll go along. Plus, hookah tastes great, imo.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-11-24, 03:42 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Believe it or not, I actually like the..."
If you've grown up around it then yes, I'll agree that it doesn't smell that bad.

But for people who are subject to it at parties, or restaurants that have never been subject to it for too long will find it sickening.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-11-24, 03:47 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If you've grown up around it then yes,..."
Lenny said:
If you've grown up around it then yes, I'll agree that it doesn't smell that bad.
Nobody in my household smokes. But I know that I am an anomaly in that respect. Most folks don't like the smell of smoke.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-11-24, 03:54 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Nobody in my household smokes. But I..."
Well, there are always a few weirdos who don't follow the trend.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-11-24, 04:55 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Well, there are always a few weirdos..."
I like the weirdest smells, so, I in suit like the smell of smoke. I just know some of my friends smoke so that the smell of their parents doesn't make them want to puke. But hey, I think when I smell a skunk on the road I actaully like it. Same with gasoline. But that doesn't mean I'd subject myself to smoking or running over skunks or covering my parent's car with a flammable liquid. I just think it's stupidity that drives the urge to smoke.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-11-24, 04:56 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I like the weirdest smells, so, I in..."
Atnas said:
I just think it's stupidity that drives the urge to smoke.
What about indifference?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-11-24, 04:59 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I like the weirdest smells, so, I in..."
Petrol's a beautiful smell!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-11-24, 05:05 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "What about indifference?"
mjordan2nd said:
What about indifference?

Well, what I meant was.... Hey, what happened to the chick in your avatar?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-11-24, 05:21 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Well, what I meant was.... Hey, what..."
Haha! Blame Grav!! He deleted her.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes