Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2006-11-29, 09:57 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Why smoke weed? For me it is..."
i smoke out of habit now, i started when i was 14 or so. I think it had to do with my dad being a big smoker too. Now i smoke between half a pack and a pack a day. Usually a cig will calm my nerves, but Im guessing my nerves were rattled because I hadnt had a cig for a awhile... sooo. It is hard to quit too, ive tried many of times. Now I just do care. I excercise everyday and I am a pretty good runner and I can pass all the Armys physical fitness test easily enough.

But ya smoking sucks I wish I wouldve never started, and it will probally take a scare for me to quit permanently.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2006-11-29, 12:17 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "i smoke out of habit now, i started..."
The key difference between you and MOST people is they smoke and sit on their ass so it stacks up against them. True you probably can not run as much as you should be able to without smoking but at least you are doing physical activity. You are still better off than most chain smokers I would think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2006-11-29, 10:26 PM in reply to kyeruu's post "why do people smoke?"
Two things: it curbs appetite and reduces stress. That's sometimes the only reason people will smoke. That and some people just don't care that they could die.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2006-11-30, 08:17 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Two things: it curbs appetite and..."
i've never smoked and probably never will
i agree with kagom anyways
most people smoke because it curbs appetite and reduces stress
or just because they don't care
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ailis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenailis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ailis

Posted 2006-11-30, 07:58 PM in reply to ailis's post starting "i've never smoked and probably never..."
I smoke hookah because it's relaxing and not as bad as regular cigs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2006-11-30, 10:04 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I smoke hookah because it's relaxing..."
I used to smoke cigarettes heavily last winter, but I was up to almost a pack a day on a weekend day and about a half pack on weekdays. After awhile I started rolling my own cigarrettes, and then got away from that idea and had a pipe now and again. I might have a cig every few days or so, mainly because it is nice to have one after smoking some marijuana. Tomorrow is going to start a hazy weekend. I'm getting hooked up cheap with a 1/2 oz. of marijuana, a two 1.75s of tequila, and a pack of marb reds. I don't intend to consume all of that in the next 3 days, but I just like looking forward to getting some 'party materials' for the next couple of weeks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-11-30, 10:05 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I used to smoke cigarettes heavily last..."
Sounds like an awesome set-up ya got there!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2006-11-30, 10:07 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Sounds like an awesome set-up ya got..."
Well, I can't really party to my fullest due to having certain reports due Dec. 8. Oh, and work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-12-01, 10:02 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I used to smoke cigarettes heavily last..."
What happened to the the church boy from 2 years ago -.-

Isn't your dad a pastor or something.

And where is Arkantis.
And Gunbound.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-12-01, 11:38 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "What happened to the the church boy..."
Yea, bring them both back.

And Slim. I liked that guy.

And Uncapped.

And Raziel.

And James.

And Penny.

And Insolence.

And Shinto.

And Volls.

And a whole bunch of others...HM, UN#1, Badboy, Jinx, Jabba the Hutt's Bf...etc.

And holy shit, Sov you crazy motherfucker...you DOUBLED my post count...what the fuck, slow the fuck down asshole.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-12-02, 01:30 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Yea, bring them both back. And Slim...."
Basically you mean... bring this forum back to what it was before WoW came out? lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2006-12-02, 05:51 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "What happened to the the church boy..."
People change, Sov. It really sucks when your parents shelter you and then you meet the world and are confused as hell as to whether your religion has any credibility whatsoever.

Arkantis usually works and hangs out with a drink in his hand.
Don't see Gunbound much outside of school.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-12-03, 08:34 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "People change, Sov. It really sucks..."
I started smoking weed and cigarettes early on in High School, like 75% of my class. Years later, I still regularly use both of them and enjoy it. I like smoke in my lungs. It's become a natural feeling to me, and it soothes me. I don't give a fuck if smoking is bad for you or will shorten my lifespan. Do I choose to avoid Boston or New York City because I'm afraid some angry kid and his friends are going to jump me when I leave a bar at night? Hell no.

Eventually I'm gonna bite the dust, hopefully later rather than sooner. But whenever it happens, I'll be happy that I fucking enjoyed myself every day, and always tried to have a good time.

Can you the say the same about yourself when you're camping on a message board for hours a day, convincing people you've never met to not inhale anything harmful?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2006-12-04, 10:52 AM in reply to uncapped's post starting "I started smoking weed and cigarettes..."
Good post.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2006-12-04, 11:09 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Good post."
very good post
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ailis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenailis is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ailis

Posted 2006-12-04, 10:29 PM in reply to ailis's post starting "very good post"
I smoke quite frequently.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2006-12-05, 10:24 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I smoke quite frequently."
Cigarettes or Weed?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-12-05, 12:34 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Cigarettes or Weed?"
Weed, cigarettes have been one or two every few days.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven