Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Final Fantasy Coming to the PS3
Posted 2005-06-09, 09:35 AM
Final Fantasy Coming to the PS3
During an interview with the Japan Gaming Magazine "Dengeki Playstation", Yoshinori Kitase (Director of Final Fantasy VII) revealed a Final Fantasy title is in the works for the PS3.

With the recent denials that a remake of Final Fantasy VII is in the works for the PS3, serveral sites have speculated that this may be Final Fantasy XIII. To this speculation Kitase-san responded...

"As a hint, one thing I can say is that the FFVII technical PS3 demo was supervised by me and created by Toriyama-san (Main Director on Final Fantasy X-2) and his team staff. I'll leave it to you, but you can imagine that development is happening via a similar process."

We will bring you more news on Final Fantasy for the PS3 as it becomes available.

http://www.ps3portal.com/?view=article&article=133

Taken from www.ps3portal.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-06-12, 01:41 AM in reply to Lenny's post "Final Fantasy Coming to the PS3"
Not a shock. Frankly, Final Fantasy coming to the PS3 isn't even a concern to me. Chrono Break coming to the PS3 is a concern. More Enix titles coming to the PS3 are a concern. Final Fantasy is already a given.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-06-12, 02:48 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Not a shock. Frankly, Final Fantasy..."
True, but there's specualtion whether it's going to be FFXIII or a remake of FFVII...or both.

We all know the Square-Enix will always put FF games on the Sony consoles, so yeah, not much of a surprise. But that they might be thinking of remaking FFVII, now there's the surprise.

Of course, Wada (Yada??) denies that they are going to remake FFVII and that the demo of FFVII 'in curves' they showed at the PS3 conference was just showing what they could do.

But knowing Square-Enix after they've seen what the PS3 can do they'll probably be falling over themselves to make games for it...games on the 100gb (and maybe 200gb Blu-ray discs that Sony and a couple of others are developing) Blu-ray disc.

You never know, you may, after all, see another Chrono Break released, and on the PS3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-06-12, 02:54 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "True, but there's specualtion whether..."
Quote:
You never know, you may, after all, see another Chrono Break released, and on the PS3.
That's entirely my point. I'm not at all concerned with whether we get an FF7 remake or a brand new 13th installment in the series. I'll buy and play either and both if they're any good. My concern is with what isn't so obvious. My concern is with issues that are still in the air, like Chrono Break, the potential resurrection of the Xenogears franchise, a new Mana game or news of the revisiting of an old, forgotten Enix property like Actraiser or The 7th Saga. Those are the things I want news on, and Square isn't providing any, goddammit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-06-12, 03:03 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "That's entirely my point. I'm not at..."
Of course they won't.

Say the games are in development at this moment, Enix won't release news about them for ages yet.

Look at KH2. They released news about it far too early. Only now, about 6 months before it's release are the releasing the info we've all been waiting for.

That's the way companies work I guess. Leave the buyers waiting on the edge of their seats, wondering about the next great game before they're told what it will be.

Talking about Enix releasing news, the English site is the worst for updates. It's still got FFX-2 as news!! I'm reduced to checking the North America site and hoping that my translators can translate the Japanese sites.

If there's somewhere you've gotta look for Enix news it's their Japanese site.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2005-06-12, 11:53 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Not a shock. Frankly, Final Fantasy..."
Raziel said:
Not a shock. Frankly, Final Fantasy coming to the PS3 isn't even a concern to me. Chrono Break coming to the PS3 is a concern. More Enix titles coming to the PS3 are a concern. Final Fantasy is already a given.
Blue Dragon, a new RPG made by the Chrono Trigger people, is coming to Xbox 360. There's not too much information on it yet, but look forward to it.

Lost Odyssey looks nice too.

Last edited by uncapped; 2005-06-12 at 11:56 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2005-06-12, 03:22 PM in reply to uncapped's post starting "Blue Dragon, a new RPG made by the..."
Monolith is doing a 360 game? Wow. I'll have to look into that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-06-23, 10:08 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Monolith is doing a 360 game? Wow. ..."
Here's more about FFVII coming to the PS3...again taken from ps3portal.com...I seem to live there...it's my home second only to here...

Quote:
There has been talk of an updated version of the Final Fantasy VII game since the original reached western shores back in 1997. The Role Playing Game was a massive success, a blow to Nintendo and a huge triumph for Sony. Everyone bought it and it created a new breed of SquareSoft fans.

Though we’ve seen four subsequent games and several spin-offs, a true update, set in the Final Fantasy VII universe, is yet to be delivered, in spite of endless rumouring that a new game is underway.

Well today, a fresh rumour hit the net as respected US magazine Electronic Gaming Monthly claims that there is indeed a new FFVII in the works at Square-Enix. And for PlayStation 3, no less.

EGM offers no source for this rumour claim, though this would seem an easy fix to the dual problem of delivering an early-lifecycle RPG to the PlayStation 3 and satiating the desire for more FFVII.

Could this be something to do with the FFVII E3 tech demo? Of course that was just for show... Or was it? Either way we’ll update you as soon as we can, and remember to let us know your thoughts in the forum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny