Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2005-04-29, 06:56 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "I was goin 130 the other day. The..."
Penny_Bags said:
Catch me when I'm going 130 in my step moms M3...

Ok.

sdgdgsdgsdgsdg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vette.JPG (89.6 KB, 15 views)

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-04-29, 11:01 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Ok. sdgdgsdgsdgsdg"
Fastest in my jeep was clocked at 98MPh (max read at like 85)

Fastest in mom's car was 128MPh

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-04-30, 11:47 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Ok. sdgdgsdgsdgsdg"
JRwakebord said:
Ok.
Lol.... first of all, I meant the cop, second of all... you still couldn't catch me if I drove by your stopped car and I was going 130 at the time, I'd be gone too fast.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2005-04-30, 12:40 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Lol.... first of all, I meant the cop,..."
Given a couple minutes to pull onto the road and catch up I could. Top speed of an M3 is 155. Top speed of a C5 Corvette is 174.

Of course, if you ditched the highway and got off a random exit before I could catch up, then there's no way I could get you. Wouldn't know where you were.

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-04-30, 08:55 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Given a couple minutes to pull onto the..."
Hit mid-120's to low-130's in my MR2 pretty often out on the highway. God, sure as fuck love that car.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2005-05-01, 12:07 AM in reply to uncapped's post starting "Hit mid-120's to low-130's in my MR2..."
Sounds fun, but low 130's? I thought it could only reach 129 (according to Road And Track tests). Is it stock or modded?

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-05-01, 04:16 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Sounds fun, but low 130's? I thought it..."
Fastest I have gone is 105 mph in a 3 speed transmission, 3rd gear starts at 35 and ends at well I don't know where it ends.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2005-05-01, 03:25 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Given a couple minutes to pull onto the..."
JRwakebord said:
Given a couple minutes to pull onto the road and catch up I could. Top speed of an M3 is 155. Top speed of a C5 Corvette is 174.

Of course, if you ditched the highway and got off a random exit before I could catch up, then there's no way I could get you. Wouldn't know where you were.
Exactly what I would have done too if the sirens went on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2005-05-01, 03:59 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Exactly what I would have done too if..."
Out of the factory cars in the US are governed at 116, so unless tweaked that's where they will top out.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-05-01, 08:11 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Out of the factory cars in the US are..."
Which cars? Not all cars, certainly.

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-05-01, 08:35 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Which cars? Not all cars, certainly."
after a certain year....

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-05-01, 09:32 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "after a certain year...."
Adrenachrome said:
after a certain year....

What are you talking about? Are you trying to say that a Dodge Viper and Chevrolet Corvette are limited to 116mph? And what of cars imported into the US, that are manufactured abroad, but sold here?

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-05-02, 05:00 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "What are you talking about? Are you..."
I know that Saabs are tuned down...even the Aeros...if they weren't tuned down then they'd be toof ast for the road...except in Holland and places where they have no speed-limit on motorways...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-05-02, 05:31 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Out of the factory cars in the US are..."
Adrenachrome said:
Out of the factory cars in the US are governed at 116, so unless tweaked that's where they will top out.

I'm looking at a Road and Track right now that has a side-by-side test of a 2004 SVT Mustang Cobra and a 2004 Pontiac GTO, and both of those are limited at 155, not 116. Where did you get your information?

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-05-02, 11:28 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "I'm looking at a Road and Track right..."
Common Knowledge.

I'm not trying to argue or anything, but if you find differently let me know.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-05-02, 04:47 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Common Knowledge. I'm not trying to..."
Road and Track says differently. And if you mean cars straight out of the factory imported into the US, then I say differently too. Also: Saleen S7. American Car. $400,000. I don't think they're limiting that thing to 116.

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-05-02, 09:02 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Road and Track says differently. And if..."
No I wouldn't say so either.

Only thing I could find about the governers is.. one article about Jags limited to 155, and someone on a ricer forum bitching about their 4 banger's computerlimited speed at 116...

Every 'normal' vehicle Ive ever had a chance to push has gone to like... 118 and back down to like 114.. and back up to 118 ect...

The 140mpg CBR was tweaked for sure.

Maybe its just the mainstream production cars, Not handmade luxury sportscars....

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-05-02, 10:45 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "No I wouldn't say so either. Only..."
All from Road and Track:

V-6 Accord: 130, electronically limited.
Pontiac GTO: 155, electronically limited
Chrysler 300C: 126, electronically limited.
Mini Cooper S: 135, electronically limited.
Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE: 140, electronically limited.
Dodge SRT-4: 148, electronically limited.
Cadillac CTS: 149, electronically limited.
Toyota Camry XLE: 130, electronically limited.

I would consider those to be mainstream cars, and they aren't limited at 116. I think that cars are limited according to what the manufacturer has designed them to handle, which in some cases may very well be 116, but it's definitly not a standard number that car manufacturers adhere to.

Now as for some not-so-mainstream cars...

Aston Martin Vanquish: 190
BMW M3: 155, electronically limited.
BMW 745i: 149, electronically limited.
Chevy Corvette C5: 174
Dodge Viper SRT-10: 190
Ford GT: 190
Ferrari Enzo: 218
McLaren F1: 231
Saleen S7: 220
Porsche Carrera GT: 205

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-05-03, 07:12 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "All from Road and Track: V-6 Accord:..."
Interesting.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-05-04, 03:08 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Sounds fun, but low 130's? I thought it..."
It's a 1992 with a Turbocharger.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped