Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

April fools day!
Posted 2010-03-26, 12:23 PM
yep, it's almost that time of year again! time for every plebeian, mouth-breathing, unfunny webmaster out there to show the world their mastery of The Onion-type humor by posting some "hilarious" fake news article or announcement, after which they'll probably watch some family guy, download some anime, read the latest xkcd, join a "OMG FACEBOOK IS CHANGING AGAIN" group, write some anti-microsoft forum post, play some WoW, and overclock their video cards.

seriously, just the fact that people are willing to participate in some arbitrary juvenile "opposite day", no matter how trivial it is to society as a whole, should point directly to the existential malaise and rampant cognitive dissonance that shakes at the very core of western civilization.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2010-03-26, 03:43 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "April fools day!"
Mantralord said: [Goto]
yep, it's almost that time of year again! time for every plebeian, mouth-breathing, unfunny webmaster out there to show the world their mastery of The Onion-type humor by posting some "hilarious" fake news article or announcement, after which they'll probably watch some family guy, download some anime, read the latest xkcd, join a "OMG FACEBOOK IS CHANGING AGAIN" group, write some anti-microsoft forum post, play some WoW, and overclock their video cards.

seriously, just the fact that people are willing to participate in some arbitrary juvenile "opposite day", no matter how trivial it is to society as a whole, should point directly to the existential malaise and rampant cognitive dissonance that shakes at the very core of western civilization.
^ this (I think this is the most ironically appropriate response)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2010-03-26, 04:00 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "April fools day!"

You sound unhappy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-03-26, 10:16 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You sound unhappy."
My birthday is today.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-03-28, 08:46 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "My birthday is today."
I will want to blow up Blizzard headquarters if they announce the release date of Diablo III on April Fool's day. Dicks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2010-03-28, 11:10 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I will want to blow up Blizzard..."
I'd laugh hard.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-01, 02:02 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I will want to blow up Blizzard..."
HandOfHeaven said: [Goto]
I will want to blow up Blizzard headquarters if they announce the release date of Diablo III on April Fool's day. Dicks.
ahahahaha. April fools day does suck now.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-04-01, 07:21 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "April fools day!"
the prophecy has been fulfilled
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2010-04-01, 07:53 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "the prophecy has been fulfilled"
Guess who has two thumbs and wasn't tricked once.
This guy!
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-05, 08:33 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "the prophecy has been fulfilled"
the prophecy has been fulfilled
where did this 'holiday' originate?

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-04-05, 07:41 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "where did this 'holiday' originate?"
Well, you see, D3V. It all started when....

Mdselctr was skipping through a beautiful meadow, on a sunny spring day. It was the first of April, and the flows bloomed with each step he took. And some of the magical flower faeries even danced with him. But there was a problem. A dark cloud came over them, and Mdselctr was too short to see over the cloud (of course, most people can't see over clouds, but that's not the point).
The flowers told him he needed to stop the evil pig, Grav, in order to bring the world back to it's peace. So, with sword in hand, he set off the slay the oversized beast.

He traveled through the burning desert, where he encountered the vicious Sfeenkz.
It said to him "O how you doin' bay-bie?"
and he said back to it "Hark! Where art thou bean sprouts? For I am hungry and have a way to travel, still!"
and it said back. "O I got some bean sprouts, bay-bie! Buchu gotta ansa my rittle, fyarst!"
and Mdselctr nodded. He was read for such a riddle, as he was the master of thinking for hours about nothing. The Sfeenkz began it's riddle.
"If I like hot cheetos, then why am I not a swamp monster, bay-bie?"
Which was a riddle that had Mdselctr thinking for some time. Eventually, he looked the beast in the eye, and he had the answer. "It is because I hath not said 'Lobster' infront of the!"
and the horrible monster burst into fire before him. Out of the fire came a large boat, but not just any boat. It was a nice boat. The boat fell into the sand, and Mdselctr got in, and began to paddle, as the boat also came with two very strong paddles.

Next, Mdselctr traveled to the frozen land of Lulzidontknow. It was here that he encountered the great wizard Lenny.
Lenny was typing a report on how much he hated tea, when Mdselctr walked in.
Mdselctr asked him "Doth thou knowth where the demon big Gravity resides!?"
To which Lenny turned and said "Pip pip cheerio!" which scared Mdselctr quite well. But, this is what Lenny wanted, as he was busy with work, and wanted nobody to bother him. Mdselctr got on his knees (what's new?) and said to him
"Sir Lenny, I am in despirate need of you magic rod. Please, help me! I must find Grav, so that I may return my land to it's peaceful state."
"If you need somebodies Rob," the wizard said. "You should ask Kagom." and the wizard turned back to his work.
And thus, with one last lead, Mdselctr turned to the west, where he knew Kagom lived.

Within the vocals of this song, Mdselctr came to the house of Kagom Jack, the Handsome Squid of the west. He knocked on the door, to find that his strange uncle opened it, and welcomed him in. But Mdselctr was not one to fall for such a trap, as he knew of Kagoms shape shifting Handsomeness, and he drew his sword, swinging violently at the creature. Kagom jumped back, and assumed his true form.
"What do you want?" he asked, irritated at the boys combined brains and brawn.
"I need thy help reaching the demon, Grav!" he said boldly.
Kagom nodded, lifting his tenticles into the air, and a great gust of wind appeared, flinging Mdselctr about, until he landed in the land of Grav.

The land of Grav, better known as THE UNIVERSE, was a land filled with lulz and fail. Out of the shadows came a small, innocent pig. Was this piggy the demon he needed to defeat? Nevermind!
"Have at ye, demon!" Mdselctr leaped forward, slicing the beast in two. It was much easier than he had anticipated. With the beast slain, Mdselctr quietly returned home...

His land was still dark, and he turned to the faeries, and said "What hath I done wrong? I have slain the beast Gravity!"
The Faeries giggled, turning to their king, Skurai, whom said to Mdselctr "Lulz, it's gonna rain."

...and that's how it happened.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-12, 03:59 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Well, you see, D3V. It all started..."
!King_Amazon! said:
lolwut
lolwut

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-04-12, 07:22 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "lolwut"
That's about how I thought someone should react.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai