Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

View Poll Results: What should I do?
Take the car, and live life! 3 13.64%
Take $10,000 and not have as much freedom 19 86.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2005-08-30, 01:28 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Yeah, probably.. but Im thinking a..."
If you get a job off-campus, a bicycle sucks ass.

Motorcycle is really a good investment if you don't plan on doing big grocery runs or taking many passengers. Gas is cheap as hell, it's fun, and you get pimp points if you get a l337 bike. Just don't get run over.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-08-30, 03:19 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "If you get a job off-campus, a bicycle..."
thats a great idea, but make sure to wear protective head gear
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2005-09-09, 04:11 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "thats a great idea, but make sure to..."
Def. number 2
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2005-09-10, 10:41 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post "My Parents Offered Two Choices..."
Definitely number 2. I'd rather have the money to help pay for school than to have the car. At least that way you know you're getting your education taken care of.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2005-09-10, 10:51 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Definitely number 2. I'd rather have..."
Fuck that you're nothing without a vehicle.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-09-10, 08:47 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Fuck that you're nothing without a..."
Not necessarily: buses, bikes, skateboards, rollerblades, and even your feet can get you around where you need to. Honestly, I love to walk to places when I need to go somewhere. But that's heavily dependant on weather and time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2005-09-10, 09:23 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Not necessarily: buses, bikes,..."
Number Two, IMO. Heck, if you're patient enough you can even find a semi-decent car for under 2K. Especially if all you need to do is just get from point A to point B most of the time, like myself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2005-09-10, 11:00 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Number Two, IMO. Heck, if you're..."
You can get a 700 dollar car, and 9300 dollars worth of CRACK!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Afroman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAfroman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Afroman

Posted 2005-09-10, 11:32 PM in reply to Afroman's post starting "You can get a 700 dollar car, and 9300..."
Same as (almost) everyone else:

Option 2, and purchase a cheap car.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-09-21, 12:35 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post "My Parents Offered Two Choices..."
I wonder how it must have felt in times when cars, buses and trains didn't exist, a time when it was basically just your feet or horses... Imagine that. Don't be in such a rush and think things through to a long term. First things first is do you have a job, if so, how long do you need to work per week, how does this fit with your schedule, can you meet your schedule through transports such as buses and whatnot, if you can then you should be fine, if not then a car would be best, but you don't truly need a new one, a used one can do fine since you're only aiming for something that'll last for your studies and not drain to much fuel as to empty your wallet.

Adding to that, do you have anything that can play music, walkman, CD player, iPod or an MP3 Player, if so, you can listen to that whilst on public transport, along with that, try to read a nice book, catch up on the sports section, read up some wacky shit, look up comic books or mangas or novels, check out the scenery, check out the scenery inside the public transports, by that I mean people of the opposite sex, or take the time to rest a bit before reaching your destination.

With the first, you have a lot of freedom, but with that comes a lot of responsabilities which limits your freedom as well as a lot of payments to worry about, not to mention gas. With the second, you have a limited form of freedom, yet a lot of it in comparison. Freedom is what you make of it, and what you believe is best for you is what you should take.

A car can take you places faster, but a bus can do just about the same if you know what bus to take. One is more convenient then the other, for you don't have to wait for a car, but you do for a bus or any other public transport. Nonetheless, the price is much less in comparison... Eh well, from what I say it sounds like I favor number two, that's because I would personally, but that's me. For you, it depends on your lifestyle, choose something according to how you live and don't look back on your decision with regret, at least, not for too long, you'll become depressed if you do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Paradox_Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenParadox_Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Paradox_Knight

Posted 2005-09-21, 08:11 AM in reply to Paradox_Knight's post starting "I wonder how it must have felt in times..."
Gas is pretty bad but its not like it's to the point where THAT should solely determine if someone gets a car.

I drive a gas chugging car that I drive about 30 miles a day. (20 miles for work and 10 miles if I feel like doing anything). It costs 50 dollars to fill a tank up and gets me about a week and a half to two weeks. I work at least 32 hours a week so I've made up my whole 1.5 - 2 weeks worth of gas just by working 6.5~ hrs or so. Doesn't seem tobad to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-09-21, 01:27 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Gas is pretty bad but its not like it's..."
Yeah, but you don't drive places. See, my friends and I can go over 100 miles in a day without even realizing it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-09-21, 05:15 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Yeah, but you don't drive places. See,..."
*cough* roadies *cough*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2005-09-21, 05:17 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "*cough* roadies *cough*"
Yeah.. well. This is the country. Rural area.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-09-21, 06:08 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post "My Parents Offered Two Choices..."
Number 2.

Yeah.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-