Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

A problem
Posted 2008-08-25, 11:46 PM
As you might know, I just started watching Bleach. The way I am watching it I have to download it and I don't feel like deleting it in case I want to see it again and I don't want to download it all again. I was just wondering what you guys think is the best way for me to store my Bleach, and possibly other anime, without wasting HD space. Should I get a separate HD or would it be better for me to just get a bunch of flash drives. By extension, I would like to do the same with my music.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-08-25, 11:50 PM in reply to Asamin's post "A problem"
What do you download them with?

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-08-26, 12:08 AM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "What do you download them with?"
What do you mean. I get them from Bleachexile.com as .rmvb files.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-08-26, 12:41 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "What do you mean. I get them from..."
What do you need to watch .rmvb files?

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-08-26, 06:05 AM in reply to Asamin's post "A problem"
A bunch of flash drives would get expensive...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-08-26, 07:21 AM in reply to Asamin's post "A problem"
Asamin said: [Goto]
As you might know, I just started watching Bleach. The way I am watching it I have to download it and I don't feel like deleting it in case I want to see it again and I don't want to download it all again. I was just wondering what you guys think is the best way for me to store my Bleach, and possibly other anime, without wasting HD space. Should I get a separate HD or would it be better for me to just get a bunch of flash drives. By extension, I would like to do the same with my music.
Couldn't you just get a couple of DVD-R/DVD-RW's and burn the bleach series to several disc's?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-26, 07:46 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Couldn't you just get a couple of..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
Couldn't you just get a couple of DVD-R/DVD-RW's and burn the bleach series to several disc's?
That's what I said. It's the easiest way to do it. The question is does Asamin have a DvD burner on his mac?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-26, 08:01 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "That's what I said. It's the easiest..."
What kind of media player do you need to watch .rmvb files?

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

quikspy67

Posted 2008-08-26, 08:12 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Couldn't you just get a couple of..."
This is what I would suggest.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-08-26, 08:16 AM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "What kind of media player do you need..."
quikspy67 said: [Goto]
What kind of media player do you need to watch .rmvb files?
You could probably use VLC media player. Chruser recommended that for my media issue. I've read that it can play just about any format.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-26, 08:32 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "You could probably use VLC media..."
You could probably use VLC media player. Chruser recommended that for my media issue. I've read that it can play just about any format.
Yea, but I suggested that player to Asamin as I use it to watch mostly everything. But it's Windows only, and he has a macbook. I think he's using Realplayer as that was the second thing I recommended. The new version of realplayer sucks though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-26, 11:01 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Yea, but I suggested that player to..."
Simple Solution/Comic Relief
Just get a PC.

Otherwise, you could get a backup drive, but the already mentioned solution of burning DVDs is probably your best bet, and cheapest at that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-08-26, 03:18 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Couldn't you just get a couple of..."
My mac just spits blank DVD's out. I am putting them on CD-r due to the excess amount of them we have in our house. I had no idea we had any at all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-08-26, 03:24 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "My mac just spits blank DVD's out. I am..."
Well, on the bright side you will be able to tell your friends, look at my huge collection!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-26, 05:08 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Well, on the bright side you will be..."
This is shit, I burned one disk and now it burs about half of the disk an says an error occurred.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-08-26, 05:12 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "My mac just spits blank DVD's out. I am..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
excess amount of them we have in our house.
Dont worry, you got more.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-26, 07:58 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Dont worry, you got more."
No, you don't understand. It does it with every disk I put in it. I might try a different brand of disk though. 1 sec, I'll try.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-08-26, 08:10 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "No, you don't understand. It does it..."
i dont think the brand has anything to do with it, it is more than likely the file you are attempting to burn onto the cd.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-26, 09:17 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "i dont think the brand has anything to..."
i dont think the brand has anything to do with it, it is more than likely the file you are attempting to burn onto the cd.
These attempts are futile on a Mac. Just delete the Bleach downloads Asamin and continue on with your life. You don't have to store all the bleach episodes you watch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-26, 11:23 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "No, you don't understand. It does it..."
Asamin said:
No, you don't understand. It does it with every disk I put in it. I might try a different brand of disk though. 1 sec, I'll try.
That used to happen when I would try to burn music CDs... although I have a Windows computer. It could just be that you need to slow down the write speed. It is gonna take a bit longer, but at least you will have them on CDs...

Also, make sure your DVD player can play VCDs, which is Video CDs, because they are not on the DVD format disc, they may play differently on your DVD player. Just some shit I read on a bunch of other sites a long time ago, not sure if it's relevant now, but you never know.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003