Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Posted 2006-12-28, 11:19 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting ":( that'd be me."
And my axe.

I mean, yeah me too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2006-12-29, 09:09 AM in reply to Xenn's post starting "And my axe. I mean, yeah me too."
Awww... diddums to thee both.

Maybe one of the nice admins will make the link for you sometime in the dis...near future? They're nice like that.

Or keep it in your favourites.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-02, 01:38 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Awww... diddums to thee both. Maybe..."
There's another version of city jumper http://www.nationlocation.com/cityJumper.htm
here

It's actually possible to get past level 29 in that one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2007-01-02, 02:12 PM in reply to Xenn's post starting "There's another version of city jumper..."
Hmmm... I managed to get 9.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-22, 01:21 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Hmmm... I managed to get 9."
Well there's something fun... I was playing Curveball, finished at around 22000 points... and it's overwritten my score of 58 for hexxagon. This angers Lenny.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-02-22, 03:24 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Well there's something fun... I was..."
NOw come on! This is clear abuse of the Arcade!!

http://zelaron.com/forum/arcade.php?...stats&gameid=7

The highest score you can get is 58, which is what I got before the nice glitch popped up and wiped it out.

Now we have two more members, of the type that are here only for the Arcade, who have somehow managed to get up to 30,000!

EDIT: Looking through their other scores I can see other scores that may be examples of abuse - 101000 on Rick Dangerous? 874 on City Jumper?

Unless you sit on the game for hours on end then those are not possible!

Last edited by Lenny; 2007-02-22 at 03:27 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-02-22, 04:20 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "NOw come on! This is clear abuse of the..."
It's quite stupid, mostly the reason I don't participate in the arcade much. There's no point in trying to go for a genuine high score when someone can come out of nowhere and obliterate it with a phony score.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-02-22, 07:33 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's quite stupid, mostly the reason I..."
Needs to be some moderation of the high scores imo.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-02-22, 08:07 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Needs to be some moderation of the high..."
Or they should just fix the problem.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-02-22, 08:23 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Or they should just fix the problem."
Either way would work, i'm too sure what needs to be done to the fix the problem, however that would prolly solve it the best I guess.
!King_Amazon! said:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-02-23, 10:06 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Either way would work, i'm too sure..."
http://zelaron.com/forum/arcade.php?...ort&user=18037

25 highscores.

38,000 on Hexxagon?
476 on Smack the Penguin?

B&. kkthxbai.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-02-23, 11:16 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "http://zelaron.com/forum/arcade.php?&act..."
It's hard to tell if some scores are legit or not, so a moderator of the arcade might not be able to get them all. That's why the better answer would be to just fix the problem. I think it's a problem they cannot fix though, as it's a problem with the Arcade version they are using or something like that.

They also need to add line flyer so I can dominate it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-02-23, 12:11 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It's hard to tell if some scores are..."
I know for a fact that the highest score possible on Hexxagon is 58. Google it, and you'll find the 58 is a perfect score - every single place is held by a red diamond.

We've all played Smack the Penguin. So we all know that the 325 barrier is more or less the limit.

I can't say for sure about the other scores, but the obvious and continued abuse of Hexxagon alone is worth a temp ban.

It happens to some of us accidentally, but to two people fighting for the top spot over and over? Now come on!

EDIT: To add something to the Smack the Penguin highscore. Ain't it kinda funny that no-one else has left a comment next to their score, yet our ever-so-amazing Arcade player Pnut has?

http://zelaron.com/forum/arcade.php?...tats&gameid=11

Last edited by Lenny; 2007-02-23 at 12:23 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-02-23, 12:54 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I know for a fact that the highest..."
Lenny said:
but the obvious and continued abuse of Hexxagon alone is worth a temp ban.
Well I don't know about all that. Maybe make a new usergroup for people that can't access the arcade and temporarily "ban" them from the arcade or something. A normal temp ban would be a bit extreme I think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-02-23, 02:12 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I know for a fact that the highest..."
I'm pretty sure if you look at the time they were able to set the high scores in, clearly you'd be able to tell that they are cheating.
!King_Amazon! said:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-02-23, 02:49 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "I'm pretty sure if you look at the time..."
omg omg omg this is horrible whatever are we to do.

im gonna go into hiding i think. guuys this is serious. lets get inspector kaos in here to investigate immediately. over and out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-02-23, 02:51 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "I'm pretty sure if you look at the time..."
MightyJoe said:
I'm pretty sure if you look at the time they were able to set the high scores in, clearly you'd be able to tell that they are cheating.
But sometimes legit scores seem to have very short times. You could end up erasing good scores that are completely legit, and that would be just as bad.

What I mean is there seems to be a bug that causes even legit scores to sometimes show a time of like 5 seconds when it clearly wasn't possible.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-02-23, 03:44 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "But sometimes legit scores seem to have..."
I think there is a point however, when 1 person has every high score, that its known they aren't playing the games and not cheating.
!King_Amazon! said:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-02-23, 04:04 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "I think there is a point however, when..."
MightyJoe said:
I think there is a point however, when 1 person has every high score, that its known they aren't playing the games and not cheating.
And I'm not arguing with you about that, I completely agree.

What I'm saying is the best way to deal with this would be to just fix the problem rather than rely on a human to decide whether a score is legit or not. A human deleting a legit high score is just as bad as a human beating a legit high score with a bugged high score.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-02-23, 06:01 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "And I'm not arguing with you about..."
Now Pnut has a score of 117000 on Curveball. I'm not sure, but I'd hazard a guess at that not being a legit score? Maybe... ?

He's also got the exact same score for Tetris.

I do believe, Watson, that there is something fishy a-going on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny