Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

X-Men Cartoons
Posted 2008-07-11, 06:25 AM
Well, I'm typically out-of-the-loop when it comes to TV. Every show I was interested in ended several years ago. But I recently heard of the new X-Men toon scheduled for 2009.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-H38AgfdIs

Wiki Article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_and_the_X-Men

So, I was like everyone else and was off-put by the "Wolverine and the X-Men" title...We all know Logan's popularity is getting out-of-hand but now they can't even make a new show without having his name in the title?

So, what are your predictions for this show? Do you think it'll be terrible, as good as the old toons, better...what?

One thing I am almost positive of at least is that the new Rogue won't have anything on Evo Rogue who was awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2008-07-11, 09:30 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "X-Men Cartoons"
Kuja`s #1 said: [Goto]
Well, I'm typically out-of-the-loop when it comes to TV. Every show I was interested in ended several years ago. But I recently heard of the new X-Men toon scheduled for 2009.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-H38AgfdIs

Wiki Article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_and_the_X-Men

So, I was like everyone else and was off-put by the "Wolverine and the X-Men" title...We all know Logan's popularity is getting out-of-hand but now they can't even make a new show without having his name in the title?

So, what are your predictions for this show? Do you think it'll be terrible, as good as the old toons, better...what?

One thing I am almost positive of at least is that the new Rogue won't have anything on Evo Rogue who was awesome.
I just hope it doesn't END like Evolution did, all early and such.

Also the people are drawn a little Flat-ish.

But, Hey, I'll watch it.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2008-07-12, 12:49 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "X-Men Cartoons"
I'm personally excited about it. Marvel has been putting out some decent animated stuff lately. The Dr. Strange movie was totally awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-07-12, 10:42 AM in reply to Kuja`s #1's post "X-Men Cartoons"
Looks pretty good. It also will explain things that non-comic book readers would have asked. Like when I was a kid there were so many questions. This looks like it answers them.

And the only reason people these days like Wolverine so much is because they can relate to him in at least one way. The guy is so down to earth and real in his attitude. It's the same with the Hulk. A LOT, and I mean A FUCKING LOT, of men can relate to being so pissed off because no one will leave them alone. I personally can say the same.

Another movie I am looking forward to is Magneto. Sounds like a win. A movie about a villain.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?

Last edited by hotdog; 2008-07-12 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-07-12, 07:32 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Looks pretty good. It also will explain..."
hotdog said: [Goto]
Looks pretty good. It also will explain things that non-comic book readers would have asked. Like when I was a kid there were so many questions. This looks like it answers them.

And the only reason people these days like Wolverine so much is because they can relate to him in at least one way. The guy is so down to earth and real in his attitude. It's the same with the Hulk. A LOT, and I mean A FUCKING LOT, of men can relate to being so pissed off because no one will leave them alone. I personally can say the same.

Another movie I am looking forward to is Magneto. Sounds like a win. A movie about a villain.
Magneto? Sounds to me like they're really running low on Ideas lately...

I wish the movies didn't involve all the people DYING...

I especillay didn't like x-men 3....

Anyway, I would like to see it too I guess. Never heard any news on it 'till now. I wonder if they'll ever go for Captain America, or maybe Black Cat (because they can.)
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2008-07-12, 07:36 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Magneto? Sounds to me like they're..."
Captain America, Thor, and a proper Avengers movie are all in pre-production (presumably including Robert Downey Jr. and Edward Norton in their respective roles). There are also plans for a live action Dr. Strange film, Luke Cage, Silver Surfer, another Spider-Man, another Daredevil (can't figure out why), and a handful of other flicks. It's a good time to be a Marvel geek.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-07-13, 12:28 AM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Captain America, Thor, and a proper..."
Vault Dweller said: [Goto]
Captain America, Thor, and a proper Avengers movie are all in pre-production (presumably including Robert Downey Jr. and Edward Norton in their respective roles). There are also plans for a live action Dr. Strange film, Luke Cage, Silver Surfer, another Spider-Man, another Daredevil (can't figure out why), and a handful of other flicks. It's a good time to be a Marvel geek.
Nnn, dang.

I guess it is. Although Spiderman is in a Tight spot since Carnage (shouldn't) be able to be defeated without Venoms help...
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2008-07-13, 01:08 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Nnn, dang. I guess it is. Although..."
This looks the same (to me) as the old cartoon series. Same story line with the introduction of the sentinel-mutant-destroyer things. I mean, even the costumes, sentinels, EVERYTHING looks to be the same as the older cartoon, but with a new style of drawing them. I guess it's trying to show the older series to a younger crowd now...

As far as the movies goes, I think they are just a little too excited now that they got thier own studio to do everything in.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003