Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2008-04-24, 08:15 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "They had an Uzi an AK-47, a handgun,..."
Totally unrelated, but one of my old bitchy neighbors called the cops on my apartment because my roommate was outside shooting a BB gun. She told the cops it was a rifle and that I could seriously harm someone. I explained to the cop it was just a BB gun and even showed him. He was like yeah I didn't really think it was a rifle.

Come to find out, this is the lady that has been complaining on me ever since I moved there. I think I'm going to knock on her door in the near future and ask her what the fuck her problem is. When I'm leaving for work at 8:00 in the morning, she always has her door open with a chair propped up and just glares at me. Ok, it's visibly obvious I'm going to work you fucking dyke. Leave me alone.

Old people piss me off.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-04-25, 08:32 AM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "They had an Uzi an AK-47, a handgun,..."
Dar_Win said:
They had an Uzi an AK-47, a handgun, and a shotgun. I wouldn't try to call someones bluff after they tied up myself and my family at gunpoint, then shot both of my dogs after they tried to interfere. Protection is the very last reason I own a gun. My very first gun was given to me by my father the day I turned 18. It was the gun my grandfather bought when he turned 18, then in turn gave it to my dad when he turned 18 and my dad gave it to me. I took a liking to shooting at the range and to hunting so I bought multiple guns. I have never bought a gun with safety and protection in mind btw. I'm not some crazy redneck gun collector or anything. I have 4 guns and don't intend on buying anymore.

btw someone called the cops on me for having a gun in the back of my car the other day.... it visibly had a trigger lock, the chamber was open to show it wasn't loaded and I had a stack of targets (i had obviously just come from the range) this was at a 7-11
That is a good reason and arguement to sway people to not want guns banned. I think it's futile to ban them myself though. People will just use other tools to do the job. Instead I think they should just make people get the same mental training soldiers do. I don't know if it would help or not. I think it would. But like I said before it would be easier then getting rid of guns.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-06-13, 07:57 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Knives? Swords? It doesn't matter. ..."
I often provide this example when stating why I believe we should uphold the constitution in its word for word form and continue the right to bare arms. Its a two part deal so bare with me...

If you make guns illegal, the bad guys will still have them...and there is nothing you or I can do about it because we dont want to go to jail for getting one too in order to defend ourselves.

With guns being legal, I like the idea of being in a location where some madman comes in with a gun waving around killing people. Only because I know their is a real good chance that someone else in their has one too and is probrably a better shot with it than the madman.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dark-Madness is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDark-Madness is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dark-Madness

Posted 2008-06-13, 08:05 PM in reply to Dark-Madness's post starting "I often provide this example when..."
It's bear not bare. Don't you know they meant we have the right to own a pair of bear arms?

Okay I know lame joke...
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-06-13, 10:15 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "It's bear not bare. Don't you know they..."
I'm sorry I was not aware I was in the presence of an "engwish" teacher. From now on I will do spelling and grammer checks just for you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dark-Madness is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDark-Madness is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dark-Madness

Posted 2008-06-26, 01:11 PM in reply to Dark-Madness's post starting "I'm sorry I was not aware I was in the..."
We have the right to defend ourselves. No way I'm keeping myself unarmed, when the Zionist agents or criminals could invade my home at any moment.
Snow is racist. It does not have an equal amount of colored snow as it does white snow. We must find a way to alter nature so that snow becomes colored.

When you decorate your tree for Christmas, you must put at least 24.8% colored bulbs, and they must be placed throughout the tree and not segregated in any matter.

Christmas presents must not be wrapped in white paper.

If Christmas music is to be played, under no circumstances is 'Have a White Christmas' to be Played.

Turkey may be served, but only if there is an equal amount of dark and white meat be served.

You must keep your colored and white dogs in the same room at all times, unsegregated, and they must get along at all times.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zonalon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zonalon

Posted 2008-06-26, 09:53 PM in reply to zonalon's post starting "We have the right to defend ourselves...."
Do you have nightmares about Jews busting into your house and killing you in your sleep? You sound downright paranoid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-07, 06:19 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Do you have nightmares about Jews..."
Well, now we have kids teacher's in Texas yielding guns in a few schools, I don't have an actual link to a story, but I remember hearing it on the news. It's only a matter of time before teachers are allowed to have them on all campuses, as well as on college campuses. And hell, if everyone can use the same flawed logic to get it to that point, every kid/student/teacher/faculty member should just be able to bring a gun wherever they want. (Fuck the United States, fucking dumb arrogant, ignorant peice of shit rednecks)

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-09-07, 03:41 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well, now we have kids teacher's in..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Well, now we have kids teacher's in Texas yielding guns in a few schools, I don't have an actual link to a story, but I remember hearing it on the news. It's only a matter of time before teachers are allowed to have them on all campuses, as well as on college campuses. And hell, if everyone can use the same flawed logic to get it to that point, every kid/student/teacher/faculty member should just be able to bring a gun wherever they want. (Fuck the United States, fucking dumb arrogant, ignorant peice of shit rednecks)
ok then you know what lets go in to complete and total anarchy while were at it.....by the way I like your avatar
Level 50 Human Berserker
3/7 Elite Set Currently have Rageplate Helm,Rageplate chest piece and staves

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
xSerenity Diedx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenxSerenity Diedx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

xSerenity Diedx

Posted 2008-09-07, 03:44 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well, now we have kids teacher's in..."
D3V said: [Goto]
/agree

i do also remember hearing about the gun-totting teachers. A teacher in order to be effective with it, will need to keep it somewhere extremely easy to get to. If they lock it up, what good would it do them in the time of need? Also, I dont know if they researched this or not but, do they have any idea the amount of possessions stolen at school? Its ridiculous.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-08, 07:34 AM in reply to xSerenity Diedx's post starting "ok then you know what lets go in to..."
xSerenity Diedx said: [Goto]
ok then you know what lets go in to complete and total anarchy while were at it.....by the way I like your avatar
It's a scary world we live in. Our country is so ignorant.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-10-29, 03:37 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "It's a scary world we live in. Our..."
After getting into another debate at work about this I feel the need to re-bump this thread for like the 10th time.

The argument basically comes down to defense of yourself.

Now, I personally know two people that both have guns to their name, and neither situation were either of them able to pull their weapon and 'defend' themselves.

One time was a house robbery where 3 masked burgulars stormed this individuals house and pointed their guns at this person while this person could not do anything in time to react, and even more so she said that she would not have done anything because she did not want to get shot. So in that situation the gun was utterly useless and did not persuade the situation one tiny bit.

The other time was an attempted car-jacking in a K-mart parking lot a year or so ago and this individual had a pistol placed to their temple and was asked to step out of the car, after being pulled from the vehicle and the robber looked through the car and found nothing, ended up just running off.

Now imagine either situation where the two people I know reaching for their gun, they most likely would have been shot both times and killed. It's a very weak argument I would say to say anyone has the right to own a pistol, and even more-so ridiculous to say the right to automatic weapons/assault rifles is within the second amendment. Maybe we should all step back and review the context of when it was written.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V