Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Script writing?
Posted 2010-10-04, 10:47 AM
Does anybody have any experiencing in writing screenplays?

More specifically I've had a couple of ideas that I want to run with. Script writing generally, but to be more specific something that could be translated into a movie. I don't want to reveal the specifics, but would like to know some general basics in how to go about this.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-10-04, 11:12 AM in reply to D3V's post "Script writing?"
www.screenwriting.info/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-10-04, 11:14 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "www.screenwriting.info/"
Thanks for Google'ign that link for me. Without you K_A, I don't know how I would've ever been able to find that link!

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-10-04, 11:45 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Thanks for Google'ign that link for me...."
I don't have any experience in screenplays, buy I will advise you to get a notebook and start writing down all your ideas as soon as you get them. I often have good ideas for movies, books, inventions and getting them down on paper for later revision is crucial.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hayduke

Posted 2010-10-04, 11:47 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Thanks for Google'ign that link for me...."
D3V said: [Goto]
Thanks for Google'ign that link for me. Without you K_A, I don't know how I would've ever been able to find that link!
I have a hard time believing anyone else here will post anything more useful. I don't really understand why you would even ask about something like this here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-10-04, 11:59 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I have a hard time believing anyone..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I don't really understand why you would even ask about something like this here.
Old habit?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hayduke

Posted 2010-10-04, 01:48 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I have a hard time believing anyone..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I have a hard time believing anyone else here will post anything more useful. I don't really understand why you would even ask about something like this here.
Word. Why have Zelaron when we have Google?

/forum

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-10-04, 05:37 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Word. Why have Zelaron when we have..."
Didn't KJ just write a couple of plays? Idk how the shit works.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-10-04, 06:02 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Word. Why have Zelaron when we have..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Word. Why have Zelaron when we have Google?

/forum
Not to mention probably half of web content and information Google brings up is derived from forums.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Hayduke

Posted 2010-10-06, 04:25 AM in reply to D3V's post "Script writing?"
I used to use a program called Celtx that you might find useful - http://celtx.com/.

Kind of like a virtual notebook - write the script, build character profiles, add in content that inspires you, and so on. It's been a couple of years since I used it, so things might have changed, but it'll still probably help.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2010-10-06, 06:41 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I used to use a program called Celtx..."
I read the title and thought you meant scripts for computers and software.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2010-10-07, 08:51 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I read the title and thought you meant..."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
I read the title and thought you meant scripts for computers and software.
that's my next thread. I've decided to get back into computers for my post-college career life.

+Thanks Lenny, i'll check that out tonight.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V