Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

ds troubles
Posted 2009-07-26, 09:26 PM
um well my beloved nintendo ds has fallen and now one of the hinges is snapped in half
the hinge near the right button is the one snapped in half so my question is this: would the nintendo company fix it for me or will it be better if i just buy a whole new ds system
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ShadowFox22 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShadowFox22 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ShadowFox22

Posted 2009-07-27, 05:27 AM in reply to ShadowFox22's post "ds troubles"
Well it depends how it broke. If you did nothing to cause the damage and it is a product failure, then they are inclined to replace or repair your broken console. If you are the person that caused the damage to your own system, then it is your own fault. I would just go to a pawn shop and fork out $50 and get another one.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-07-27, 12:39 PM in reply to ShadowFox22's post "ds troubles"
Nintendo supposedly fixes DS Lite units with broken hinges for free, at least if you're in the U.S. or the U.K., since it's a common defect. I don't think they cover original DS units though.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/21/n...l-fix-for-free

Give them a call?

Last edited by Chruser; 2009-07-27 at 12:41 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Babylon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBabylon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Babylon

Posted 2009-07-28, 11:08 AM in reply to ShadowFox22's post "ds troubles"
Actually, my hinge snapped in the same spot on my old DS. Right side...

I wonder if they'll replace the L and R buttons, which don't do anything anymore...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-07-28, 11:19 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Actually, my hinge snapped in the same..."
I would contact them if it were me, it doesn't hurt to try.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-07-28, 11:22 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I would contact them if it were me, it..."
I would, but my old DS's warranty sticker has peeled off, there's no box to it, and no receipt...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer