Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

perpetual motion
Posted 2009-06-26, 03:59 PM
alright, so i know that its impossible and all that to have something continously and forever do work without any extra energy input.

BUT! any system that does work is only doing work to please us humans, right? i mean the concept of why work and perpetual motion matter are abstract and thus created by humans. a machine which could run forever with no energy input would only be of importance to a sentient being capable of appreciating it. right???

ok so for example, my TV does the work of pleasing me, but it cannot do so indefinitely without consuming energy. if i get a hard on by watching a spinning top, the top is doing the work of giving me a hard on, but eventually it will stop spinning and require more energy.

BUT! what about the moon?? so lets assume that the earth and moon are solid titanium so that there arent those pesky tidal forces which use up the moon's orbiting energy and yatta yatta. the moon would then be in perpetual motion forever. so lets say what really gets me off is watching the moon rotate around the earth all day. isnt the moon then constantly doing the work of pleasing me without using up any energy? huh?

think about THAT!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2009-06-26, 04:22 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "perpetual motion"

You're insane mantra.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-06-26, 04:51 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "perpetual motion"
Your balls of titanium are bound to cause friction!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Babylon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBabylon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Babylon

Posted 2009-06-26, 05:15 PM in reply to Babylon's post starting "Your balls of titanium are bound to..."
it makes sense that without air things would keep on moving so this wouls work in a weird way
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2009-06-26, 06:57 PM in reply to Mantralord's post "perpetual motion"
i just ran across this wikipedia article hahahaa http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_problem
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord