Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Question character speech
Posted 2006-06-27, 02:26 PM
i was wondering how u make it so that when u have characters talking in the game and it shows the picture of the person talking at the side?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
phsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenphsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

phsyco025

Posted 2006-06-27, 02:37 PM in reply to phsyco025's post "character speech"
You've gone an hit the nail upon the proverbial head... well, not really. But it shows why RM2K3 is the better program.

In RMXP there is no default way of showing the character's picture next to their speech as there is in RM2K3.

HOWEVER, you can script it in. Said script is what I'm trying to find now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-06-27, 04:07 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You've gone an hit the nail upon the..."
ok thx tell me when u figure it out plz
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
phsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenphsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

phsyco025

Posted 2006-06-28, 10:06 AM in reply to phsyco025's post starting "ok thx tell me when u figure it out plz"
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/local_lin...d=480&catid=32

Done. And. Done.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-06-28, 12:23 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "http://www.rmxp.org/forums/local_links.p..."
it wont work i tried and it said i have to register then i registered and it said it was reserved for another usergroup
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

phsyco025

Posted 2006-06-28, 12:43 PM in reply to phsyco025's post starting "it wont work i tried and it said i have..."
o.0 oh... umm... well...*runs away*
lol jk, but that's because you don't have the right version or your using the trial which expired ect ect... Really, good thing I know something about scripting...

code:
Quote:
\f[filename]
The image has to be 96 by 96 and you must replace [filename] with the custom faceset you imported into graphics>pictures. Note that you can only do it in a message. Any other time you wish to do it just show the picture...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas