Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2012-05-19, 02:52 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Daily commute distances can't be much..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Daily commute distances can't be much different in both countries, or are you trying to say that Americans drive a couple of hundred miles to work each morning?

The motor gasoline consumption per capita seems to be significantly higher in the U.S., at least: http://earthtrends.wri.org/text/ener...iable-292.html

On topic: $8.13/U.S. gallon.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2012-05-19, 03:00 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "The motor gasoline consumption per..."
Not a particularly surprising fact - American car manufacturers don't understand that cars can have MPGs into double figures... low fuel prices mean that people don't care about squandering it, whilst the rest of the world, who are cursed with ludicrously high prices, try to make a drop last as long as possible.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-05-19, 06:53 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Daily commute distances can't be much..."
I'm not trying to say either. With a small country, setting up commuter services can't be very difficult. Trains, buses, etc. In the US you basically have to drive unless you live in specific places.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-19, 10:00 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm not trying to say either. With a..."
The real difference is the age of the cities. Cities that grew up before the age of the automobile usually have good public transportation and are dense (because they had to be). Cities that grew up in the age of the automobile, especially in the US after the war, have prolific sprawl and little investment was made in planning for public transportation, because it was not needed. Again, with travel between cities, if the cities existed before the age of the auto, then there are rail lines with passenger service between them; otherwise, it's hit or miss.

Obviously, the average age of cities in the UK is older than those in US...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-05-20, 10:22 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "The real difference is the age of the..."
Down a lot to 3.65 How nice. A little more money in my pocket.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-21, 10:28 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Down a lot to 3.65 :D How nice. A..."
$4.05 over here, or $3.90 for the cheap shit.

I usually just taken the bus. $2 to and from, and I get a nice walk in, as well.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-05-21, 10:29 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "$4.05 over here, or $3.90 for the cheap..."
$3.85 or thereabouts. Nothing special.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2012-05-21, 08:30 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "$3.85 or thereabouts. Nothing special."
too high!

but if you'd like a number its about $3.87.
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2012-05-22, 01:34 PM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "too high! but if you'd like a number..."
Jeeze, where do you guys live? I've seen as low as $3.57 here.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-25, 10:57 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post "What are your gas prices today?"
104$ for unlimited metro card here in NYC... FTW

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2012-05-25, 08:45 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "104$ for unlimited metro card here in..."
Unlimited for what duration?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-05-25, 09:14 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Unlimited for what duration?"
Monthly
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2012-05-25, 11:29 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Monthly"
Seems expensive to me. Unlimited bus pass for a month here is $30. Probably still cheaper than gas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2012-05-26, 09:21 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Seems expensive to me. Unlimited bus..."
Unless you travel a LOT I don't think you'd spend 104 a month on gas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-26, 10:11 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Unless you travel a LOT I don't think..."
It costs me $35 to fill up and I fill up every ~10 days or so. So I spend about $100/month on gas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-27, 12:18 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Unless you travel a LOT I don't think..."
During the semester, spend over $200/mo on gas. But I drive 100mi a day, too...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2012-05-27, 08:18 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It costs me $35 to fill up and I fill..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
It costs me $35 to fill up and I fill up every ~10 days or so. So I spend about $100/month on gas.
How on earth can you fill up on $35? My mom drives a VW Rabbit and that is still like $50 to fill.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-27, 10:13 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "How on earth can you fill up on $35? My..."
gas here is still under 4 dollars a gallon
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2012-05-27, 01:51 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "How on earth can you fill up on $35? My..."
I have a 10 gallon tank. Gas averages ~$3.50/gallon here. You do the math.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-27, 04:50 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Seems expensive to me. Unlimited bus..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
Seems expensive to me. Unlimited bus pass for a month here is $30. Probably still cheaper than gas.
Where is "here"? Out of curiosity.

104$/month gets you unlimited bus and subway. Subway goes everywhere.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah