Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?
Republicans! 5 27.78%
Democrats! 8 44.44%
I havn't made up my mind! 1 5.56%
The Galactic Empire! 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2006-02-24, 11:23 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "hardy har, reeeeeal funny grav. God is..."
sciencekid said:
hardy har, reeeeeal funny grav. God is real whether or not you believe he is.
Don't make extreme claims like that without proof. You can go ahead and believe he is real, but that doesn't necessarily make him so.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-02-24, 11:23 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Emporer Palpatine is real too. I have..."
GravitonSurge said:
Emporer Palpatine is real too. I have absolutely no proof, but a lot of people believe in him! There's even multiple books about him. In different languages! From a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Sometimes, people even gather together to discuss him!

Actually, Emporer Palpatine is more real than God. I can see Emporer Palpatine in the movies! I've never seen God. Isn't that something? It might be because he doesn't exist.
QFT

fuck u ww
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-02-24, 11:32 AM in reply to Dark Jedi's post starting "It's up for your discretion."
Dark Jedi said:
It's up for your discretion.
Well if it's not, then that is a death threat on me which is punishable by ban.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-02-24, 02:22 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Don't make extreme claims like that..."
mjordan2nd: there are various proofs that God is real, but to make sure i have them right(im not a real good bible scholar), id have to check w/ my pastor.

GravitonSurge: do you also notice how the books you're reffering to is in the fiction section?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid

Posted 2006-02-24, 02:26 PM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "mjordan2nd: there are various proofs..."
sciencekid said:
GravitonSurge: do you also notice how the books you're reffering to is in the fiction section?
Well, it was sitting next to the Bible and I was intrigued....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2006-02-24, 02:34 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Well, it was sitting next to the Bible..."
i think you need to visit the bookstore again and check with an employee that you don't know at all and ask him/her if it belongs in the fiction section. i think you'll find that it wasn't supposed to be in the fiction section.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid

Posted 2006-02-24, 02:43 PM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "i think you need to visit the bookstore..."
You're right, it should be in the White House where it can be at home with idiotic easily-led Republican sheep.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2006-02-24, 02:48 PM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "mjordan2nd: there are various proofs..."
sciencekid said:
mjordan2nd: there are various proofs that God is real, but to make sure i have them right(im not a real good bible scholar), id have to check w/ my pastor.
There are various proofs that Emperor Palpatine exists as well. George Lucas, did not in fact fabricate the story of Star Wars from his head, he was told the story by what are now known as messiah Jedis. He only made these stories into a movie. I am not sure how I could prove this to you, I'll have to check with my local Jedi Knight.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2006-02-24, 02:58 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "There are various proofs that Emperor..."
oooooook
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sciencekid

Posted 2006-02-24, 04:42 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Its funny, the scenario you posted....a..."
Draco2003 said:
So all together, We have a mixed government, which is really good, because we have the best of both worlds....
Not really, considering the Republicans hold the Supreme Court, The Senate, as well as the Presidency. Things are looking pretty republican.

Personally, if you like the way the US is running right now, vote Republican. In my opinion, 95% of them turn out to be asshats. I absolutly cannot stand the way the US is being governed (and I don't even live there!). Its anti-environmental/rights for all people/everything that means advancing the country, and I don't like that. They have made too many errors, and I simply cannot believe that douchebag is still in power.

Thats my views on things.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2006-02-24, 07:08 PM in reply to Dark Jedi's post starting "It's up for your discretion."
Probably would vote based on platform, but more than likely lean on Democrats.

Lenny: Bush is Republican.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2006-02-24, 11:53 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Probably would vote based on platform,..."
Currently the government is really screwed. There are a systems of checks and balances which are being circumvented by personal/political interests. Our government is broken.

Last edited by Willkillforfood; 2006-02-25 at 12:12 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-02-25, 03:33 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Currently the government is really..."
Willkillforfood said:
Currently the government is really screwed. There are a systems of checks and balances which are being circumvented by personal/political interests. Our government is broken.
Checks and balances only mean anything when you have ideological differences within the various branches of government, ergo it doesn't mean jack shit when you have 1 political party dominating all branches of government as they are all mostly united in advancing their party's agenda.

It is semi-comparable to the rise of Nazi power in Germany, as the entire government then was seated by the Nazi party (although their government wasn't as seperated as ours is), so it's not directly applicable, although the similarities exist.

Amusingly enough, they also started a war by invading a sovereign nation, we just use yellow ribbons instead of swastikas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2006-02-25, 06:05 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Probably would vote based on platform,..."
Ah shite...50/50 chance and I get it wrong.

----------

At least the Nazi's got into power [almost] legitimately, which is more than you can say for Bush (at least the first time round). Hitler was a leader who was alive at just the right time (wrong time for everyone else...but...that's the way things go). If he was trying to get power today, with the same policies (WWII not having happened), then he wouldn't do it.

It's kinda like Bush being President for a second term. Bush promised to do more against Terrorism than Kerry...right?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-02-25, 10:00 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "oooooook"
I'm Canadian, but I'd vote for Democrats.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2006-02-25, 10:49 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Ah shite...50/50 chance and I get it..."
Lenny said:
Ah shite...50/50 chance and I get it wrong.

----------

At least the Nazi's got into power [almost] legitimately, which is more than you can say for Bush (at least the first time round). Hitler was a leader who was alive at just the right time (wrong time for everyone else...but...that's the way things go). If he was trying to get power today, with the same policies (WWII not having happened), then he wouldn't do it.

It's kinda like Bush being President for a second term. Bush promised to do more against Terrorism than Kerry...right?
I'm sure Bush is doing more against terrorism. At least that's what the dozens of his commercials I saw on t.v. said, right? He can shred the Constitution on Broadway if he uses "God" and "terrorism" in the same sentence. So many people in the U.S. do not research their candidates and just vote for them because of their commercials/mind-numbing speeches.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-02-25, 11:41 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'm sure Bush is doing more against..."
What I said about the government being a mixed thing was the history of it. Believe me, I know that the government is messed up now...

And I find it odd/comforting that this generation (or maybe just this collection) of people actually care about what's going on in the government. It almost brings a tear to my eye.

Or maybe it's because Bush is trying to pass a bill that lets the government monitor what is "google'd" and just about everything else you do on your computer...

And today I heard a song that mentioned a good point (dunno the song or singer, but it was hip hop) He said, We got money for wars, yet we can't feed the poor...or something to that effect...

So, yeah.......
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2006-02-26, 12:08 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "What I said about the government being..."
It's this collection of people. The generation is just as screwed as any.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-02-26, 05:29 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "It's this collection of people. The..."
We are the elite!!

If people started getting podcasts, or texts, instead of having to flick on the news to see what's happening in Politics, then you'd get a lot more voters.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny