Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Long Alterac Valley
Posted 2008-10-11, 11:48 AM
Some of you might not know about Lok, he is a level 80 elite who the horde can summon. Typically this doesn't happen because the games are so damn quick, this morning when I logged into AV it was a big battle mid field.

WoWScrnShot_101108_101826.jpg (this is Lok)

WoWScrnShot_101108_102150.jpg (this is how long the game was)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-11, 11:52 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "Long Alterac Valley"
Back before they ruined AV, I remember games going on for half a day sometimes. I remember sometimes I'd go to sleep, and when I woke up, the same battleground would be going. They were epic battles.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-10-11, 12:08 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Back before they ruined AV, I remember..."
Indeed. 41 minutes is nothing. I remember pretty routinely getting in ones that lasted multiple hours
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-10-11, 12:10 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Back before they ruined AV, I remember..."
Yea, the good old days of joining an AV at its start, playing for an hour, leaving, come back a few hours later and rejoining the same one was great.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2008-10-11, 01:15 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Yea, the good old days of joining an AV..."
I hate it when the battles last forever, I like getting my honor fast.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-10-11, 02:20 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I hate it when the battles last..."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
I hate it when the battles last forever, I like getting my honor fast.
Seriously, who plays the game to have fun? Back to grinding!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-10-11, 02:47 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Seriously, who plays the game to have..."
41 minutes is actually a long time considered the state of AV now-a-days. I tend to run around anouncing that it is a game and we have to have fun, That statement typically follows someone saying, "You fucking cunts, learn how to fucking play you need to kill BAL!!! Fucking idiots, now we lost".

I also noticed that your gear doesn't mean jack shit in battlegrounds. Grats you can 1v1 someone to death, but can you 5v1? Doubtful, my Hanturd is so undergeared, yet im killing warlocks (in s3) left and right. Arena I'd get my ass handed to me on a silver platter, but what fun is arena? It's all about the battlegrounds.

I think the biggest reason world pvp sucks on WoW is how long it takes someone to get to where the battle is, also there is no indication of where any world pvp is going on. You are forced to run around in a ghosttown till you randomly find someone who is flagged, and odds are he is alone. Hrmm...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-11, 03:15 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "41 minutes is actually a long time..."
WoW PVP sucks in general. WoW sucks all around if you play with other people. People who play WoW aren't "playing" WoW, they're essentially working a job.

I used to raid, and it was fun at first, but people change when they start raiding. I dropped my guild, and now me and Nikki have a guild together that consists of all of my characters and all of her characters. It's a useful thing to have a guild bank all to ourselves that all of our characters can access. I have no desire to play with other people, anymore. Other than Nikki, I really don't play with anyone else.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-10-11, 04:20 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "WoW PVP sucks in general. WoW sucks..."
I used to hardcore raid, and it upset Tutti, thats when I quit. Raiding is probably the most exciting thing to me about WoW but having to dedicate so much time every night just doesn't work for me anymore. I still group up with random people and do an instance from time to time. For the most part now I tend to bg. Collecting past season gear is just to easy and you still kick ass with it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-11, 04:25 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I used to hardcore raid, and it upset..."
Raiding now isn't the same as it used to be.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-10-11, 08:35 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Raiding now isn't the same as it used..."
AV used to be serious business.

Raiding changes guilds. I was in a guild and we have some higher up members but they were with us, a small raiding guild that got knocked down a few pegs recently. Thats when I came. It seemed to be too good to be true, a guild with strong members looking to expand and needed me, a skilled shaman if I do say so myself. We did kara once or twice seemed to go fine. A little late for me but hey it was summer. Well we're going along on our third run i'll say at attumen. Our pug off tank, who was too good to off tank kara, was competing too much for aggro with our main tank GM. Basically as I see it our GM felt threatened since this appears to have never happened before and he threw a fit and left tearing apart the guild that was left pretty much leaving us leaderless to recover.

This is when I got to be an officer but was near the end of summer and was bored so I took a bit of a break. Last I checked everyone of worth left the guild even though everyone pretty much agreed no more raiding until Lich King since who needs practice right? lol money isn't needed to be raised for Lich King either right?

Many guilds are under stupid management and people take things too seriously. One of many reasons I don't play that game much anymore and if I do its with real life friends, soloing, or pugging.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-10-11, 08:46 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "AV used to be serious business. ..."
Raiding is, whether you laugh or not is serious business. It takes alot of dedication and commitment from the members of one guild to show up, bring regeants, materials, consumables, and knowledge of what you guys are about to do. Finding 9 people to do that for kara is tough, finding 24 people to do that from everything else is harder. How we ever found 39 people I have no idea. When people fuck up because they werent paying attention, or because they did something completely stupid and didnt know what they should have done makes things very complicating. For a leader what are you to do? Kick the person? Accept it and move on? Its alot of stress (if your serious). The problem insues when guilds try to be serious raiding guilds with partial serious members, the ones who think if I show up I'll get loot.

KA said:
Raiding isn't what it used to be.
I remember getting home from school, randomly joining my friends MC group.. and tearing it up, no worries, no concerns.. the entire time people are fucking around with eachother, getting eachother killed. All you ever heard was, "I'm going to find out where you live and break your mother fucking nose". Everyone would laugh and we would move on. Nowadays if you get someone killed its the end of the line and you are no longer welcomed.

I remember this retarded latin named guild I was in. The officer who was 12 years old told me to go farm herbs and send them to the guild bank so she could make some pots for everyone, I said do I get any DKP for it, she said no. So I went and farmed myself some pots and had Tutti make them for me. Got to the raid (kara) and started gloating that I farmed everything I needed and she has nothing. She told the GM and I was removed from the raid, and later kicked from the guild.

Another time I had just joined a guild, and some idiot told me level 70 epic pants drop in NON-heroic underbog. I told him no they dropped in Heroic.. level 70 items can't drop in non heroic underbog. He then continued to tell me how fucking retarded I was and I whispered him and said l2play. Whent he GM logged on he talked to the guy and I was kicked.

Raiding, isn't what it used to be. People lost sight of having fun and are to into it for the purples. Old school raiding will never return either. Which is a huge bummer.

I think I might lead myself a PvP horde guild, and it would be awesome to get all of Zelaron on 1 server. Pvp is very easy, and requires very little commitment (in comparison to pve).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-11, 11:02 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "Long Alterac Valley"
Longest game ive been in was somewhere around 30 hours. That was FUN.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-10-12, 08:44 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Longest game ive been in was somewhere..."
Were you in it the entire time?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-10-13, 09:32 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Raiding is, whether you laugh or not is..."
Hn...I should really give Battlegrounds a try sometime...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-10-13, 01:18 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Hn...I should really give Battlegrounds..."
They aren't that good anymore. Now if you don't have pvp gear or gear above the standard for your bracket you'll most likely get raped by someone who does.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-10-13, 05:09 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "They aren't that good anymore. Now if..."
Bg was the only thing I liked what so ever about WoW. Besides the bg, everything else was dumb and slow moving. And then they wrecked the bg and I said fuck this and went to a privet server where PvP reigned supream!
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-10-13, 05:45 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Bg was the only thing I liked what so..."
Supream.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-10-13, 07:04 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Supream."
Makes sense.. it sounds just like cream =)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-13, 08:08 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Supream."
Sup, ream?

Bleh, I know for a fact that I don't have the best gear for my level.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer