Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

All of WoW's lag issues are solved!!!!!!!!
Posted 2005-01-22, 11:01 AM
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...p=1#post905455

Rawfflecopter

" Blizzard, just wondering what kind of servers are you running? Hardware wise, and what database backend are you using? If it was me, I would set 30 servers out in the west (CA, NV), 30 in the Mid-West, and 30 on the East Coast

I would have OC3 lines running to each of those locations having an internal backbone consisting of fiber (using Cisco switches).

For database systems, I would SQL Clustered envirnoment for each server. This would ensure that if a server does go down, the second can take it's place almost instantly. I had to do this when I designed our Network that consisted of our 911 system.

Also make sure your appropirate tables are indexed in the right spots. If not, that could be contributing to the lag.

If you are having to limit the number on a server and still having lag problems, the problem either lies within the database design, too small of an internet pipeline, or hardware issues/lack of horsepower.

Another possiblity would be to change from the TCP protocol and use UDP. You would save yourself alot of latency time, but at the cost of not having packets being verified. It's just a thought.

You just may very well need more servers with lower populations, or like I said spread your servers out among different areas of the country with a higher pipeline.

Anyway, it would be interesting to hear what powers those servers, even some pics if you could. Hope this stays on the first page long enough for a blue to see it."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2005-01-22, 11:25 AM in reply to Randuin's post "All of WoW's lag issues are..."
This isn't even funny, shutup.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-01-22, 12:53 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "This isn't even funny, shutup."
[picture]Where's the funny?[/picture]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!