Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Angry This is SO Infuriating
Posted 2004-07-02, 08:56 AM
Don't you find it irritating when you just traded a high rune and it poofs just before you try to make your runeword?

Don't you find it annoying and you join a duel game and everyone hates you because you FoH and smite?

Don't you find it stupid when people tell you smite is not melee? Look for the definition of melee in a fucking dictionnary and tell me smite is not melee after.

Don't you find it stupid that everyone on b.net is trying to scam you or rip you off in a trade?

Anyways, you don't need to read this, i just needed to unload what was on my mind.

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-07-02, 09:01 AM in reply to ExT's post "This is SO Infuriating"
yes i find it irritating and annoying and stupid and infuriating
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-07-02, 09:03 AM in reply to iceman887's post starting "yes i find it irritating and annoying..."
well, botting cheating hacking also destroys the game....
wasnt it funnier all legit, with no really uber items..
and if u find one, after some years playing, that was a gr8 time ....
Sovereign said:
If you ask me, trying to figure out what the fuck people are saying in the D2 Forums is half the fun .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
celaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencelaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

celaron

Posted 2004-07-02, 09:08 AM in reply to ExT's post "This is SO Infuriating"
Smite, by the definitions of the dictionary would be melee, but not for most PvP purposes, as it is unblockable and requires no attack roll (2 qualities that make it similar to spells).

They hate FoH and Smite because they don't bother to find a way to counter them, they'd rather bitch and not duel you. I tell them too bad, unless it's a 'Melee Duel' game, in which I will only duel people who want to.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-07-02, 09:14 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Smite, by the definitions of the..."
I'll ask you what i ask everyone that tells me smite is not melee. If smite is not melee, then what is it?

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-07-02, 09:16 AM in reply to ExT's post starting "I'll ask you what i ask everyone that..."
Think of it as a skill like 'Inferno'. Inferno is unblockable, has a very short range, and requires no attack roll.

Same with Charged Strike. They're kind of Hybrid skills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-07-02, 09:17 AM in reply to ExT's post starting "I'll ask you what i ask everyone that..."
Iunno, but I wanna know why WW is never considered melee -.- .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-07-02, 09:20 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Iunno, but I wanna know why WW is never..."
Melee is typically interpreted as standing toe-to-toe hacking away at each other.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-07-02, 09:20 AM in reply to ExT's post starting "I'll ask you what i ask everyone that..."
Smite relies on IAS which is a quality that makes it more similar to melee than a spell, and it's also a hand-to-hand style of fighting. But sure i'll think of smite as a "hybrid" skill.

And smite is also "standing toe-to-toe hacking away at each other".

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

ExT

Posted 2004-07-02, 09:22 AM in reply to ExT's post starting "Smite relies on IAS which is a quality..."
Yeah, but IAS is just like FCR. Just for different things.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-07-02, 09:25 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Yeah, but IAS is just like FCR. Just..."
IAS = Increase "Attack" speed = MELEE
FCR = Faster "Cast" rate = long range or spell casting or anything along those lines.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

ExT

Posted 2004-07-02, 09:27 AM in reply to ExT's post starting "IAS = Increase "Attack" speed = MELEE..."
But it's the same thing. Just different names. A spell is still an attack.

Am I sounding crazy? I got really hammered last night and I think I still might not be thinking straight.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-07-02, 09:30 AM in reply to ExT's post starting "Smite relies on IAS which is a quality..."
ExT said:
And smite is also "standing toe-to-toe hacking away at each other".
Right, but it still requires no attack roll and cannot be blocked, making it like a spell.

Also, the knockback and stun is not looked upon favorably either.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-07-02, 09:31 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "But it's the same thing. Just..."
You're not thinking straight

I'm still trying to make my point that smite is a form of melee.

Vollstrecker said:
Right, but it still requires no attack roll and cannot be blocked, making it like a spell.

Also, the knockback and stun is not looked upon favorably either.
Then should Berserk be considered melee? It deals magic damage. Sure smite doesn't requires attack roll nor can be blocked but it needs IAS and spells needs FCR.

Last edited by ExT; 2004-07-02 at 09:35 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

ExT

Posted 2004-07-02, 02:21 PM in reply to ExT's post starting "IAS = Increase "Attack" speed = MELEE..."
ExT said:
IAS = Increase "Attack" speed = MELEE
FCR = Faster "Cast" rate = long range or spell casting or anything along those lines.
Ext you getting pwn here, also if you said IAS = melee, bow = pwn pwn pwn?
Now we got IAS out of the way what else you can prove smite is melee? Hand to Hand? right, do you consider lighting zon to be melee? they are hand to hand, but they don't need Ar, nor blocking will work on them. After all these discusion, we prove that smite != Melee.

Anyway about high rune poof, if there never dupe, you will never get the high rune at the first place, now I learn that ladder is all nub and pussy, after the ladder reset i will stay at non ladder cuz it ownz, and there are actually palapk!

Last edited by Ganga; 2004-07-02 at 02:25 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-07-02, 02:46 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "Ext you getting pwn here, also if you..."
Ganga said:
we prove that smite != Melee.
Are you trying to say that smite is melee or smite is not melee?

Do you need me to teach you how to type correctly? Because I don't think "own" is typed "pwn".

Last edited by ExT; 2004-07-02 at 02:51 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

ExT

Posted 2004-07-02, 03:03 PM in reply to ExT's post starting "Are you trying to say that smite is..."
!= operator:
Returns true when the two operands are not equal, and false when the two operands are equal. Note that a floating point value of NaN (not a number) never equals itself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-07-02, 03:13 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "!= operator: Returns true when the two..."
!= is !(.equals) is Not equals, you need some basic computer skill need me to teach you?

since when I type pwn means I want to type own??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-07-02, 11:09 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "!= is !(.equals) is Not equals, you..."
yes
no, i pwn just about everyone 1:1, 2:1, a few 3:1, 4:1 havent done yet
yes
yes

just about 90% of bnet is full of lil kids/nOObs
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon