Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Final Fantasy on Nintendo DS
Posted 2004-10-14, 01:46 AM
For those of you unaware, Square-Enix's support of the Nintendo DS is ramping up very quickly. Not only did they announce Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, Egg Monster Heroes and Dragon Quest Monsters several months ago, but is has recently been confirmed that the DS will recieve the very first American release of Final Fantasy 3, the only FF game never to have been officially released in the States. The game will apparently be an updated remake, much like the FF Origins versions of FF1 and 2. Within the last few days, Nintendo and Square held a joint press conference to confirm the strengthening of their portable relationship, which is where these details have come from.

One very interesting point to make note of, however, is that during the course of this conference, Square's Akitoshi Kawazu made some very telling comments that hint at yet another Final Fantasy game in the works for the DS. The odd thing is that his comments were mostly in regards to the wireless LAN capabilities of the machine and how this possible other Final Fantasy game might take advantage of them.

Here's where the speculation comes in. Crystal Chronicles has already been announced and it has been confirmed that wireless LAN will be the focus of the multiplayer aspect. Aside from that game, the only announced game that Square is currently working on that boasts wireless interactivity is this one.

I mentioned this game to you guys months ago, and the expected angry replies came in droves. If this is the "other" Final Fantasy game Square is working on for the DS, let's see a show of hands as to who will be buying one.

Click here for the full story on the press conference.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-10-15, 01:23 AM in reply to Raziel's post "Final Fantasy on Nintendo DS"
Nintendo DS looks very neat. I'll be vacationing alot over the next few summers so yeah. Final Fantasy on DS sounds good, so yes i'll be buying one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-

Posted 2004-10-15, 03:12 PM in reply to -=Rico-GP=-'s post starting "Nintendo DS looks very neat. I'll be..."
I don't even know what a nintendo ds is .... anyone want to enlighten old buddy Gsus?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Gsus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGsus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Gsus

Posted 2004-10-15, 03:37 PM in reply to Gsus's post starting "I don't even know what a nintendo ds is..."
Nintendo's Newest Handheld Console.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-11-01, 09:03 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Final Fantasy on Nintendo DS"
oh my God dude...FF3 is actually being released into America? THE GOODNESS IS FLOWING TONIGHT! I recommend that game if you haven't played it yet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-12-19, 06:58 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "oh my God dude...FF3 is actually being..."
I have an "American" version of FF3 for the NES, but all the words kind of randomly turn into boxes and squigllies. I'm going to get FF3 now and play it!
There are 10 kind of people in the world. Those who know binary, and those who don't.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mr. No Name is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMr. No Name is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mr. No Name

Posted 2007-12-19, 10:10 PM in reply to Mr. No Name's post starting "I have an "American" version of FF3 for..."
There is no "American" version of FF3 for the NES.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!