Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Belkin Router Wireless-G
Posted 2010-01-24, 09:29 AM
This is what my router configuration looks like.

untitled.JPG

The tutitorial I was following has it looking like this.

untitled1.JPG

No big deal, just have a simple question. On the Tut. it has a start and stop for Inbound Port and Private Port. Where as mine just looks like it will only allow one port at a time opposed to a range of ports.

Question:
Is "1-65535" to complex for the router to understand I want to open up all of those ports?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-01-24, 04:44 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "Belkin Router Wireless-G"
You want to open every port?! You're mad. Why on earth do you want to open them all?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2010-01-25, 08:43 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_..."
I can't believe they've actually suggested that - it's just asking for trouble!

Have you Googled it and had a look at what people on forums have to say? You'll probably get lucky and find an answer with the exact port you need.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2010-01-25, 09:50 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "Belkin Router Wireless-G"
What exactly are you trying to do?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-01-25, 10:42 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "What exactly are you trying to do?"
Trying to be able to connect my and my mother's Wii's together. Problem is we constantly get an error message when trying to join eachothers room. Error Code 86420.

I did some more research after posting this, and it appears as though the router I own doesn't have the capabilities to open every port. Other versions of the same router have the range ability, whereas mine only has a maximum of 20 ports. I'm not sure the exact port, nor is anyone really. I have googled a lot of things and no luck. You would think Nintendo could narrow it down, but o'well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-01-25, 10:47 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Trying to be able to connect my and my..."
It also says your "Friends" connection could also be the problem.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-01-25, 10:48 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "It also says your "Friends" connection..."
I walked my mother through the steps. Her router has a range option.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2010-01-25, 11:07 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I walked my mother through the steps...."
*sorry for the tedious questions* But your router's firmware is also up to date? Do you have a firewall setup on your router? Encryption on your wireless connection?

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc...i&locale=en_US

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-01-25, 01:03 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I walked my mother through the steps...."
I've never been one for networking, and all I've learnt has been since midday this Saturday for my Networking assignment, so I might be terribly wrong here, but if your Mam's Wii is listening on every port, it shouldn't matter which port you open for yours.

So if you open port 7720 (inbound and private, TCP&UDP) for and link it with the IP address of your Wii, then connect to your Mam, it might work. If it does, I'd try going back into her router settings and doing the same - open port 7720 (inbound and private, TCP&UDP) and link it to the IP address of her Wii.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2010-01-25, 04:17 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "*sorry for the tedious questions* But..."
I updated my firmware, disabled my router firewall, and the WEP encryption is no secret to me

I may try that Lenny.. We have had several conversations on the phone with Nintendo, and they did what they thought to be effective, but unfortunetly it didn't work. I may call them again here shortly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla