Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III

Dungeons in Diablo 3
Posted 2009-07-03, 08:14 AM
Some guy on b.net are saying the first dungeon Tristram Cathedral is too elaborate. But he's wondering whether the dungeons in the rest of the games will continue to be awesome, or only important dungeons like the Cathedral will "become sprawling?"

Blizzard Rep Bashiok responded:
Q u o t e:
My issue is not about it being a cathedral. My issue is that with the first dungeon being so amazing and sprawling and epic, wouldn't it make smaller dungeons look lacking?
"I think there's a nice juxtaposition between the larger more epic dungeons and the others that may be less epic but have very specific tones and themes associated with them. When you step inside one of the more epic dungeons, like the Tristram cathedral (and considering its past, shouldn't it be epic?) you immediately know you're somewhere important. Somewhere that looks and feels magical in its presentation and lighting, as opposed to, say... a cave. Still cool! Caves are still awesome, but you probably don't want magical purple and green lighting in a cave, it's probably going to have a much different and subdued feel. If it's a natural cave it may have light streaming in from cracks above, or if it's a mine it might have lighting from lanterns. Much earthier and natural. Then you walk into some ancient tomb of a powerful wizard, oh crap, this place clearly has something else going on. The lighting is a bit unnatural, maybe some sickly greenish hues to set a theme and mood.

That type of theming adds a lot to keeping the scenery changing and interesting. If you're just fighting demons against a grey or brown backdrop for hours and hours, days and days, maybe years and years... it gets boring. Interesting, themed, and contrasting scenery all help ensure visual longevity.

I think before too long we'll have shown a nice cross section of the dungeon types and looks. It's been too long staring at the one dungeon. Each one has a very unique look and feel, so it's really cool going in to each one and having a total change of scenery. It's all very exciting and we're all looking forward to sharing it with you and seeing the fan reactions just as soon as it's ready. "

So that's interesting. Aside from dungeons, I'd like to see some towers actually..

My question for you is, what's your favourite dungeon(s) from D1 and D2?

Mine is ..Spider cave. You know, the one with the.. IIRC, Extra Strong / Curse super unique spider boss.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2009-07-03, 09:49 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Dungeons in Diablo 3"
I like any of the caves in Act 5, for instance Abaddon. I would also include the one where you fight Uber Izual. Going from snowy mountains down to something that resembles the River of Flame is quite neat.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-07-06, 02:45 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I like any of the caves in Act 5, for..."
Why can't this game just come out already?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-07-18, 09:09 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Why can't this game just come out..."
Cuz blizzard want's us to suffer first. They want us to beg and plead. Then, a month later, they'll release it.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2009-07-18, 09:21 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Cuz blizzard want's us to suffer first...."
Blizzard will never release another game!! It's a conspiracy!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-07-19, 10:45 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Blizzard will never release another..."
Well, duh!
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2009-07-28, 02:43 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Blizzard will never release another..."
Grav said: [Goto]
Blizzard will never release another game!! It's a conspiracy!!
Christmas EVE LULZ!

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-07-30, 09:02 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Christmas EVE LULZ!"
No! WRONG! I heard you could preorder it and it will arrive on Christmas Day, not Christmas Eve!
Quit giving people the wrong info, D3V!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven