Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

View Poll Results: What kind of Tournament would like to see?
Level 9 duel (No previously found gear allowed) 6 28.57%
Level 9 duel (Previously found gear is fine) 1 4.76%
Level 18 duel (Previously found gear is fine) 3 14.29%
Level 40 duel (Previously found gear is fine) 1 4.76%
No level limit 9 42.86%
Other 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

PvP Tourney possibilities!

Posted 2004-04-30, 06:40 PM
Okay! I forgot about my old post asking about a Zelaron D2 PvP Tourney and looking at it, it looks like some people might be interested.

The old Poll can be found here, and I'm now looking to see as to what kind of tourney people want.

Read the choices above, and submit your vote (also, post an explanation or at least what you vote for).

Spam will be removed, this is a serious thread only.

After this is decided, we will determine the rules.

Edit: I voted 'No Limit' so I don't always have to click 'View Poll Results'.

Last edited by Vollstrecker; 2004-04-30 at 07:19 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-04-30, 07:09 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "PvP Tourney possibilities!"
I believe that a LvL9 Duel is in order and you can only find stuff. And no giving extra gold to buy stuff, just pure from the start, because some are richer than others. Otherwise we would have a billion sigon sets.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-04-30, 09:34 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I believe that a LvL9 Duel is in order..."
HandOfHeaven said:
I believe that a LvL9 Duel is in order and you can only find stuff. And no giving extra gold to buy stuff, just pure from the start, because some are richer than others. Otherwise we would have a billion sigon sets.

Its called IronMan, and YES THAT IS THE SHIT!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-04-30, 11:23 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Its called IronMan, and YES THAT IS THE..."
Me personally i want a no limit lvl dueling tourney. I also believe FOH and Hammer pallies are pretty cheap as well as bone-mancers (i can beat those sometimes w/ my pally tho ) and it would be cool if it was melee only but im down if its any type. And i was thinkin, lets get this type of tourny, each participant has to throw in a 290, and the winner gets all the 290s, THAT would be hot!!! I've never been in a dueling tourny so idk what its like. Btw im drunk so if something doesnt make sense thats why.

Last edited by SlickFic04; 2004-04-30 at 11:26 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2004-05-01, 11:59 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Me personally i want a no limit lvl..."
Ladder or not ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2004-05-02, 12:50 AM in reply to badboy's post starting "Ladder or not ?"
Well righ not im only nonladder till my friend gets rich on Ladder
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2004-05-02, 01:15 AM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Well righ not im only nonladder till my..."
I choose Lvl 18, Because lvl 9 takes too long, and by lvl 18 you can have some decent mods / more possibilities of duelers.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-05-03, 08:47 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I choose Lvl 18, Because lvl 9 takes..."
OK. I have decided that on Monday the 10th, this will be closed and the type with the most votes will be the hosted tourney.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-05-03, 10:10 PM in reply to badboy's post starting "Ladder or not ?"
badboy said:
Ladder or not ?
Ladder or not ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2004-05-03, 11:00 PM in reply to badboy's post starting "Ladder or not ?"
Vollstrecker said:
After this is decided, we will determine the rules.
Vollstrecker said:
This poll is just for the IDEA of Tournaments coming back. Realm/Ladder does not matter, this is going to just see who is interested. Rules and all will be worked out later.
This is 10.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-05-04, 05:57 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "This is 10."
We ought to play on Asia or somewhere that no one on zel plays. That way it will be equally fair, no one will have stacked Psn Charms or Skill Charms.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-05-04, 08:23 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "We ought to play on Asia or somewhere..."
Dude what you think the ping would be? If we are doing iron man we can't use previous items.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-05-04, 09:30 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "We ought to play on Asia or somewhere..."
We're just looking for the Tourney-Type right now. We'll worry about the realm and whatnot later.

Soooo, get back on topic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-05-04, 10:40 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "We're just looking for the Tourney-Type..."
i will to play but here aren´t much europe player
excuse me plz for my bad english
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlackKnight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBlackKnight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

BlackKnight

Posted 2004-05-05, 08:12 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "PvP Tourney possibilities!"
i voted for lvl 18 because at lvl 18 you can get some decent skills for most classes. or i would think that an unlimited lvl could be cool, but for a suggestion of a cool rule to make it more fair to poor people make it so that you cannot use a skill that a character's class would not be able to normally have, examples bo, ww, and tele. i think that it would make it much more affordable to people who dont have the really expensive gear to still do fairly well. also aura stacking should not be allowed, because it would give pallies a major advantage because not only could the swing really fast and with lots of damage from fanat with zeal or smite but they could also use holy freeze for slowing and defience for a major defense boost.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2004-05-14, 01:19 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "PvP Tourney possibilities!"
*Bump*

Cast your votes people, this poll will close on Monday!

Edit: Errr, extended till Monday the 17th.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-05-14, 02:30 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "*Bump* Cast your votes people, this..."
I vote for it, but I doubt i'll be on Diablo2 anytime soon. My cdrom is still giving me issues, and I haven't messed with it.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-05-14, 02:44 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I vote for it, but I doubt i'll be on..."
Use the D2Loader.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-05-14, 04:13 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post "PvP Tourney possibilities!"
I voted no limit, everyone has to get rich on their own ive worked hard to get what ive got and havent spent any money on pay pal or any cheap shit like that, so go no limit and if your not rich then get rich and stop complaining.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
holy1s is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenholy1s is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

holy1s

Posted 2004-05-14, 04:32 PM in reply to holy1s's post starting "I voted no limit, everyone has to get..."
Not everyone resorts to botting, or spending hundreds of hours of their life doing countess, pindle, baal, whatever runs.

I say we just get 8 people in a game to start new characters. Let them loose for 2 hours. They can do anything in that time. Use any items, kill whatever in that time. Then, after 2 hours, everyone must report back to act one. (well give them a five min leway after time is called.) Then, they duel. Random matches.

A duel should be fair. I don't think it is fair if a person that has played 1000 hours plus, takes their lvl 99 character and rapes the fuck out of everyone else. No, all this prooves is that the lvl 99 person has no life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign