Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post !!Warning!!
Posted 2003-07-11, 04:40 PM
Battle.net connection problems caused by a recent Diablo II Hack program
WARNING: A recent Diablo II hack program was released and may be very dangerous to your computer system. One symptom of this Trojan virus is an extremely long "Checking Versions" dialog box when connecting to Battle.net finally followed by an "Unable to connect to Battle.net." message.

This hack installs a Trojan virus on your system that has the known abilities:
- Logs your account name and password
- Modifies your system's hosts file so your computer has problems connecting to Battle.net
- Spams the Battle.net channels without the text appearing on your screen - causing Battle.net to block your access

Other possible abilities include:
- Steal your CD-Key - causing a "CD-Key in use by ___" message
- Steal your account name and password - causing an invalid password message
- Give a malicious person access to your computer and all the files contained on it

You cannot get this virus by connecting to Battle.net. This problem is the result of third-party software being installed on your machine.

To resolve this issue you will need to completely remove this hack program from your system, then repair any damages it may have caused. One problem this virus causes is to modify your Windows hosts file. Please go here for information on removing this damage. Please understand that as long as the virus and/or hack program are still on your computer you will continue to experence these and other problems. For help in removing this virus, you may need to contact your computer manufacturer or local computer technician. We will not be able to assist you in removing this virus.

You may wish to download and run one of the following Trojan scanners on your system. Please keep in mind these free detection programs may not be able to fully remove this virus.

PC Trojan Virus Detection Software:
Tauscan
Moosoft

Macintosh Trojan Virus Detection Software:
Symantec Antivirus
VireX

Damn those fucking hackers!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2003-07-11, 04:44 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
Did you just hear about trojans and viruses or something ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-07-11, 04:47 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
No, this virus is amazing. Appearenly it takes over their computer and spams for a website.

They aint sure if its a trojan yet tho... >_>.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentacoX is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tacoX

Posted 2003-07-11, 04:48 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
Well, I would just have to say to not download any 3rd party programs and this won't be a problem.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2003-07-11, 04:49 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
Good thing I don't play b.net anymore.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-07-11, 05:38 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
i think this is what my friend got...
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2003-07-11, 06:46 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
oOoOo another trojan disguised as a d2 hack... scary

Last edited by ouroboros; 2003-07-11 at 07:12 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ouroboros is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenouroboros is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ouroboros

Posted 2003-07-11, 07:25 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
Being as this is a new trojan will programmes like The Cleaner still pick it up?

Because today I lost all my accounts pass word changed, and I am checking every thing now but I'm coming up clean. Can it be that it's not picking it up?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

0nyx

Posted 2003-07-11, 07:43 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
Does this mean i have to delete all my bot progs MH which i dont even use cept for MH???

EDIT: Do these programs have to be on while on bnet to get the trojan or you get the trojan thing even if the progs are in your pc?This should be stickied right away im getting scared .

Last edited by Pekson; 2003-07-11 at 07:48 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2003-07-11, 08:58 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
we shouldnt even advise anyone that there are trojans in some d2 hacks because if they would just read a little bit on the internet they would see what to download and what not to download and where to download the good stuff.....we dont need to advise poeple even more when in a site such as yahoo you can just search one of the million other persons that post warnings not to download anything from untrusted sites... or just to check them with a scaning program

pekson:just go get one of those scanners tacox mentioned at the beggining of the thread or format your computer than youl be 100% sure youl have no more viruses......

Last edited by kevinlekiller; 2003-07-11 at 09:02 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kevinlekiller is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkevinlekiller is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kevinlekiller

Posted 2003-07-11, 09:09 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
Taco, a reliable source told me YOU spread this virus, and the way you posted about it makes me think it's true.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-07-11, 09:35 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
This means you SHOULDNT DOWNLOAD hacks in the firstplace unless its from a Zelaron Verified Site (http://www.d2dl.com). And Xenn, why would I ever spread a trojan out like this! The trojan cleaners I listed above WILL not clean this up, although I have obtained a fix for it and it will be posted Monday possibly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tacoX

Posted 2003-07-11, 10:10 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
omg, taco thinks its unbelieve able cuz he's gonna use it to make moonay
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2003-07-11, 10:10 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
and why wont you answer me online!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2003-07-11, 10:20 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
wow, i wish i could get my hands on something like that.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Gsus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGsus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Gsus

Posted 2003-07-11, 10:22 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
omg scammer, you will be de-modded my 2 o clock in the afternoon tommorrow, and remember the cammera in your toilet is only your imagination ....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2003-07-11, 10:23 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
Gsus...rofl....makes me feel pitty for you. But i cant break any TacoX laws, or I get flogged.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-07-11, 10:30 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
Chill out kaos, chill out . Eitherway, I suggest NOT downloadng programs anymore from unlicenced sites.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

tacoX

Posted 2003-07-11, 10:43 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
omg i need to change my avatar :\
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2003-07-11, 10:45 PM in reply to tacoX's post "!!Warning!!"
tacoX said:
The trojan cleaners I listed above WILL not clean this up
So, what's the point of giving them to us ? Are they trojans themselves ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

badboy