Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Childhood dream
Posted 2009-06-03, 12:50 PM
My childhood dream was to fly on a unicorn.

What's your childhood dream? When you were younger, and your teacher asked you what you want to be when you grow up, what did you say? Are you following that path? (I'm guessing no, since I doubt any of you answered "I want to be a stoner" back then) What changed?

I remember I wanted to be a teacher, because my mom was one and I thought I'd enjoy "helping" students. Then time passed, I did tutoring for a bit, but soon I realized that I would have no patience doing this as a full time career, and it seems it might be pretty stressful if I want to be a "good" teacher.

Dream-wise, I don't really think I had much of a dream.. probably travel around the world before I'm too old? Other than that..

What about you?

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2009-06-03, 12:55 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Childhood dream"
Design video games. Play video games for the rest of my life.

Now I'd say my dream is to become awesome at playing the guitar.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-06-03, 02:56 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Design video games. Play video games..."
I always wanted to be an astronaut, I was obsessed with NASA for about 5-6 years of my life starting around age 6 or so. That dream died, as well with my ambitions in life.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-06-03, 03:26 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I always wanted to be an astronaut, I..."
I wanted to be a Ghostbuster.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2009-06-03, 03:33 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Childhood dream"
I've always wanted to become an author.

When I was little and people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I'd tell them, "Older". Years later, when I was doing GCSEs and A-Levels, people asked me which subjects I was doing, I'd tell them, then they'd ask what I wanted to be with those subjects (A-Level was History, Maths, Computing and Chemistry), and I'll tell them, "Fireman". These days it's a Programmer - maybe work on an OS, or a suite of programs. If possible, I'd love to be involved in the UI side.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-06-03, 03:57 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I've always wanted to become an author...."
Ive always wanted to either be an astronaut or an archaeologist.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-06-03, 04:50 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Childhood dream"
When I was really little (like four) I said I wanted to go to MIT and build bridges. Well... I'm almost there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-06-03, 06:30 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Childhood dream"
I wanted to program in and understand machine code...

I've since realized that this is not practical, though I do deal in assembly and on rare occation have to encode or decode an instruction or two in machine code directly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-06-04, 10:08 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "When I was really little (like four) I..."
Grav said: [Goto]
When I was really little (like four) I said I wanted to go to MIT and build bridges. Well... I'm almost there.
There are people who wanted to build bridges and later become politicians..

You wanted to go to MIT when you were four? Wow.. ambitious.

WetWired said: [Goto]
I wanted to program in and understand machine code...

I've since realized that this is not practical, though I do deal in assembly and on rare occation have to encode or decode an instruction or two in machine code directly.
What caused you to have such a dream, and at what age?

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2009-06-04, 02:05 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "There are people who wanted to build..."
Really young. I've programmed computers since elementry school, mostly in BASIC. I wanted the power to do more. I finally learned x86 assembly the summer after 9th grade. To date I've dealt with assembly for x86, some Atmel family, Microchip PIC16x, Infineon C166, and ARMv4.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-06-04, 02:39 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Really young. I've programmed computers..."
My childhood dream was to be an architect since I loved to design and make structures. I guess I'm half achieving that, If I pursue my current dream. I want to become a civil engineer and get an MBA.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-06-04, 04:34 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Really young. I've programmed computers..."
What is ARM?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-06-04, 04:35 PM in reply to Senesia's post starting "There are people who wanted to build..."
Senesia said: [Goto]
There are people who wanted to build bridges and later become politicians..
I may become a politician on a small scale one day..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2009-06-04, 05:40 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Childhood dream"
Be an actor.

What is it now? Be an actor.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2009-06-04, 06:17 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "What is ARM?"
It's the processor in some mobile phones, ain't it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-06-04, 06:32 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "What is ARM?"
ARM stands for Advanced RISC Machines, and is the name of an IP company that designs processing cores called by the same name. Processors and microcontrollers built arround these cores have widely varrying capabilities and could appear in anything from a handheld computer to a freebie USB thumb drive.

ARMv4 is the name of a particular family of cores, all sharing a certain instruction set and other features.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2009-06-06, 01:46 PM in reply to Senesia's post "Childhood dream"

A person can not be what he or she is not already
deep down inside. If you think of something new,
the question propels you to think of what you do
not know, true, but the ideas are coming out from
in, your true nature. If it is possible, then, to be
something in the future--which of the possible
choices seems most interesting--it is to "be"
a baby. Babies have so much love to give to the
world and they don't feel shame in the same way
adults do. It would be a relationship of giving and
receiving love from everyone without the shame that
modern society and its rules have attached. To be a
baby in this way, one can imagine themselves running
naked on the beech and being chased by mommy or
daddy. Perhaps there would be a dog in the family who
comes to picnics after being bathed one Sunday at the
park.
To the child, the world is full of possibilities that adults
have already lost interest in. The world is forgiving and
so are children. The children of the world shall save its
provincial landscape from destroying itself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mdselctr