Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Best TV Shows
Posted 2006-03-13, 09:53 AM
In order of most recently viewed, because I can't really rank them any other way, my top 3 are:

Firefly
Sports Night
Scrubs

What are your favorites, and would you reccomend them to certain people (specific tastes) or all people (generally awesome show).

I'd reccomend Firefly to everyone. It's simply amazing.
Sports Night is only for smart people. You know who you are.
Scrubs is a little wacky. It's acquired, I think.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2006-03-13, 09:57 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Best TV Shows"
There are two I might go far enough as to postpone plans for, which are:

Top Gear - anyone who likes cars, Jeremy Clarkson, or basic larking about in the most humorous way possible (in cars, of course).
Have I Got News For You - a satirical British quiz show about the last week of news. The two regulars are extremely fast (wit wise) and can be very funny.

And if you're a fan of the Documentary:

Blue Planet or Planet Earth - narrated by David Attenborough, both can be very interesting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-03-13, 10:01 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "There are two I might go far enough as..."
Let's see uhh

Teen Titans
Billy and Mandy
Futurama
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2006-03-13, 10:13 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Let's see uhh Teen Titans Billy and..."
Billy and Mandy? As in the one with the Grim Reaper, and the brain and stomach in the bear?

I thought that was called "The Grim Reaper" or something?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-03-13, 10:39 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Billy and Mandy? As in the one with the..."
Well since I dont have TV I only watch what shows come out on DVD.

Of course Family Guy.
The A-Team.
Smallville.
Loius and Clarke.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2006-03-13, 12:18 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Well since I dont have TV I only watch..."
House
Family Guy
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2006-03-13, 12:41 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "House 24 Family Guy"
NBC's: My Name Is Earl

Showtime's: Weeds

HBO's: Entourage

Showtime's: Bullshit

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2006-03-13, 04:22 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Best TV Shows"
My top 3 TV shows currently running on American TV:
Stargate SG-1 (not as great as it once was, but still very good)
House
Las Vegas
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2006-03-13, 08:03 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Best TV Shows"
Stargate sg-1
House
Farscape

Can't think of the rest. I rarely watch tv.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2006-03-14, 09:18 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Stargate sg-1 House Farscape Can't..."
Family Guy
Futurama
Venture Brothers
Survivorman
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-03-14, 12:05 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Best TV Shows"
Medieval Bob said:
Firefly
Sports Night
Scrubs
That's my exact top three. Spot-on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2006-03-14, 01:22 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "That's my exact top three. Spot-on."
Oh yeah, you can't forget "My Name is Earl" and "The Office".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2006-03-14, 02:22 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Oh yeah, you can't forget "My Name is..."
Family Guy
Futurama
Monk

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2006-03-14, 02:34 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Family Guy Futurama Monk"
I forgot American Dad. Thats a good one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2006-03-14, 02:41 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Best TV Shows"
Medium
House
Stargate SG1/Atlantis
Scrubs
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2006-03-14, 04:57 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Billy and Mandy? As in the one with the..."
Lenny said:
I thought that was called "The Grim Reaper" or something?
Since no one else answered your question, kinda.

It's called The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2006-03-15, 04:11 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Since no one else answered your..."
Hmm, I watch alot. Just on the top of my head.

extra's - Probably one of the funniest tv shows ever, from the guy from the office (uk version) Every episode has a different celeb starring, so far they already had sam l jackson, ben stiller, kate winslet and patrick steward + some more english ones I cant remember atm. It's about this guy who wants to be an actor but never gets anything, so he keeps starring as an extra in the hope of breaking through. The celebs always play themselfes. Ben stiller was a movie director and was hard core pretending to shoot a kid to get the desired scared effect he wanted in the scene. lmao, good stuff.

and these are all pretty known so no need to explain:
Sopranos
24 - Jack Bauer > chuck Norris
prison break
lost
smallville
family guy
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2006-04-01, 06:55 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Oh yeah, you can't forget "My Name is..."
Jamesadin is the only cool person left on BH.

All you should ever watch is The Office, sooo good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2006-04-01, 07:42 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "Best TV Shows"
Prison Break
Las Vegas
The Simpsons
XBL: GreatThanatos69
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Great-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGreat-Thanatos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Great-Thanatos