Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2012-03-28, 07:55 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "http://screensnapr.com/e/1VyGag.jpg"
I am amused by the fact that you bothered to make a picture for that.

On topic, I like light armor way better. While Daedric armor does make you look like a boss, so does the Nightengale armor. Now that I went a looked at the trees, I have to agree that the light armor skill tree is way better. If you go heavy, you trade out stamina regen and damage avoid for less fall damage (which you shouldn't be taking anyways), less stagger which, face it, in the late game you just destroy everything before it can hit you, and reflected damage. I much prefer the light armor.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-28, 08:11 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I am amused by the fact that you..."
There's a shout to prevent fall damage, and I think you get it in the course of doing the main questline. Spending a perk seems like a waste.

The Nightengale armor does look awesome, and if you refine it, it has pretty good stats, but glass ended up even better, and there's a dragon one even better than that. TBH, full glass armor does give off the "I'm badass" vibe. The rediculous enchants I put on mine to back it up don't hurt.

I think the real thing to consider is that the heavy armor tree requires 3 extra perks spent to get full damage resistance and free movement.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-03-28, 09:11 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "There's a shout to prevent fall damage,..."
Plus, all the heavy armor is more expensive to make.... oh wait, that's right, money isn't an issue. Nvm. With the for-mentioned AR cap it's almost pointless to have heavy armor in the end game. Daedric armor is insane to try to get until later in the game and it's really hard to farm Daedra hearts. The best light armor is made from dragons which are absurdly common. So even in rarity Light is way better.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-29, 07:49 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Plus, all the heavy armor is more..."
My only complaint is that the enemies became incredibly boring after a while. I mean, sure, knights, wild animals, whatever, but a good 90% of the monsters were Draugers or Drauger variations. They could have really done something about that.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-29, 07:57 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "My only complaint is that the enemies..."
That is the exact reason why I can't play Skyrim to much. My only reprieve is when I find a dungeon with a dragon priest. That is an interesting fight. One of the only times I actually need to use a shout other than Dragonrend.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-29, 11:49 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "That is the exact reason why I can't..."
I just fought Falmer and Chaurus for the first time last night, and it was actually fairly challenging. I also made it to the Graybeards and joined the mage college.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-29, 11:55 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I just fought Falmer and Chaurus for..."
By the time I got to the falmer, I could sneak past all of them since they're blind.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-29, 12:03 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "By the time I got to the falmer, I..."
I still haven't really been bothering with sneaking, and I kill everything I see in an attempt to level my magic skills. I didn't have any major issues with the Falmer/Chaurus, but I did die once when I got swarmed. I basically just kited them through the dungeon and took them down that way.

I had to fight a troll and an ice troll on the way up the 7000 steps and had to use the same tactic. Sprint away, turn around and blast face for a few seconds, sprint away...etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-29, 12:09 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I still haven't really been bothering..."
I hate fighting that way. I feel like I'm cheating.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-29, 12:13 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I hate fighting that way. I feel like..."
I don't feel that way at all. Not only will I kite to kill things, but I'll abuse terrain too. I see no issues with it, it's exactly what I would do were I actually in the game and my life were on the line. I did the same thing on my thief with her bow at times, especially when I had to kill two giants at once.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also raided a bandit camp that was full of sissies that died in 1-2 seconds, and I found some fort that had been taken over by mages. That was actually a pretty fun time, though I kind of wish I had had a ward spell at that point. I made some good money clearing that place out, lots of soul gems and potions and enchanted items and such.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2012-03-29 at 12:15 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-29, 01:17 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't feel that way at all. Not only..."
Using the terrain to your advantage should be a must in any game, IMO.
My original mission was the gather all shouts, so I ended fighting a lot of Dragon Priests, at least four. Haven't played in a long time, though.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-29, 01:19 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Using the terrain to your advantage..."
Exploiting terrain can certainly take away from the experience, though. I mean, if it takes me 30 shots from my bow to kill a giant and the only way I can kill them is by exploiting terrain, it does start to feel very much like cheating.

On my mage, it tends to be more just strafing and kiting. I've gotten very good at avoiding both melee and ranged attacks by strafing and sometimes jumping. Other than that, I'll use trees or other obstacles to my advantage when I'm leading enemies around. I've only actually exploited terrain once, and that was with a troll I could have just as easily killed face to face. At the time, I was on some rocks above the guy, and saw a rock close enough for me to jump down to but far enough away that he couldn't attack me, and roasted him like that.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2012-03-29 at 01:34 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-29, 01:21 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Exploiting terrain can certainly take..."
Well that's a bit different, I mean... they could at least learn how to jump over things. I never really used bow, very often.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-29, 04:39 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Well that's a bit different, I mean......"
When I use a bow it's generally in a situation where I won't have to exploit any terrain because I am OHKOing whoever I shoot.

I'm slowly gathering all the shouts. I need to do some more quests to unlock the rest of them though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-29, 07:41 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Well that's a bit different, I mean......"
I mostly use my bow to distract NPCs, though I haven't had much need of that recently.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-03-29, 10:34 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I mostly use my bow to distract NPCs,..."
I use it to get my souls for enchanting. It's enchanted with the soul capture at within 1 second.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-03-30, 07:10 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I use it to get my souls for..."
I have three swords - all the same type, so same average damage output.
A fire, an absorbing health and a soul trapper. So for the most part soul trapping is just part of the fight.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-30, 07:02 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I have three swords - all the same..."
I used to do dual daggers, one enchanted with soul trap, but then I found that I was filling my good gems with crap souls. At that point I started having a separate weapon for that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2012-03-30, 08:13 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I used to do dual daggers, one..."
That's the point of the bow. I just snipe from afar and get a grater soul.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-04-03, 04:20 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I used to do dual daggers, one..."
I never really enchanted anything until way late, like 30+, so my gems were pretty fine however they were, regardless. I didn't care.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai