Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Who gets rich off $3 gas - who doesn't
Posted 2008-03-20, 05:17 PM
Who gets rich off $3 gas - who doesn't

Quote:
EIA estimates it costs U.S. oil companies an average of about $24 a barrel to find, develop and produce oil worldwide, but that doesn't include costs like transportation, administration, or income taxes - which can be substantial. While Exxon made $40 billion in 2007, a 60% increase from 2004, it paid $100 billion in taxes and royalties.
http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/13/news...rss_topstories

Good article that's just a snippet.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-21, 08:21 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "Who gets rich off $3 gas - who doesn't"
I'd say Halliburton has gotten rich on Oil, considering they got grants from the government, how odd that a CEO of a company, that just happens to be Vice President pushes bills to get signed for a war that is still unjustified just to solely make record profits for his company, that has ended up straight in his pocket..

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-03-21, 11:07 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'd say Halliburton has gotten rich on..."
We're experiencing stagflation because of such high oil prices. For every 10% of oil price increase it is estimated that GDP growth is slowed by .5%. We've had quite a bit more than 10% of oil price increase this year which has slowed our economy down incredibly and is helping push us into recession. The bad thing about stagflation is that it leaves price levels higher while shrinking the overall real GDP of the economy, leaving more people without jobs and prices higher. Lowering interest rates also increases price level. Therefore our inflation this year is gonna be huge.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-03-21, 11:11 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "We're experiencing stagflation because..."
No shit, this fucking sucks. I'm tired of the bullshit.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-03-22, 11:33 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "No shit, this fucking sucks. I'm tired..."
And ethanol is making pizza prices skyrocket!

Gah!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2008-03-22, 08:18 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "Who gets rich off $3 gas - who doesn't"
I love how the oil companies are complaining about the "pinch." I also love how people say "the cost of gas is rising, but the profit margin across the board is the same!" if that's the case, why are profits up 60%? There is obviously some skimming across the top occuring...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-03-22, 09:32 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I love how the oil companies are..."
Profit Margin.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-22, 10:17 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Profit Margin."
What?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-03-23, 05:56 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "What?"
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-03-23, 06:52 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "We're experiencing stagflation because..."
Willkillforfood said:
We're experiencing stagflation because of such high oil prices. For every 10% of oil price increase it is estimated that GDP growth is slowed by .5%. We've had quite a bit more than 10% of oil price increase this year which has slowed our economy down incredibly and is helping push us into recession. The bad thing about stagflation is that it leaves price levels higher while shrinking the overall real GDP of the economy, leaving more people without jobs and prices higher. Lowering interest rates also increases price level. Therefore our inflation this year is gonna be huge.
This also means that I will start collage for a cheaper price because the recession is supposed to start right then and many people won't be able to go to collage, giving me a better chance for a good scholarship.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-03-23, 07:03 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "This also means that I will start..."
College applications are up across the board this year, as far as I know. I don't think the economy is stopping much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav