Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Arrow Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
Posted 2003-10-25, 10:37 PM
Overall Rating: 9.2

(I have this game, and it is really fun. If your a golf fan. Its great to create your character because they really look like you, and the game play just kicks ass.)

Summary
The Tiger Woods PGA franchise has been growing slowly, but surely over the last several years. It began ambitiously with true 3D courses and it soon added the analog swing method, which revolutionized it and breathed life into it. With each year's new iteration since, we've seen new courses and new players but the advances have always been small steps forward -- not leaps. This is the same with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 for the most part. It has the additional courses, the new PGA pros, and even some new modes. However, in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 there are some surprising new additions that make it a truly worthy upgrade over last year's version. So if you are the proud owner of Tiger 2003, or any previous version, there are a number of reasons to trade it in for EA's latest effort with the series.

Commentary
I've always been a fan of the Tiger franchise, but last year's version is the one that really captured my attention. EA had finally included enough courses and modes to make it a formidable franchise. In a sense, I think it defined itself that year. Now with 2004, EA has seized the opportunity to build outward, adding an incredible Game Face mode -- not something token at all -- we now have real-time calendar events, a PGA Tour mode, and an extensive Pro Shop. The presentation has really received a solid boost and all these great features have rounded out the experience marvelously. And, the online mode which is exclusive to the PlayStation 2 version is absolute fantastic. I couldn't gush enough about it. Buy a modem or broadband adapter and get online with this game. It's free and it rocks -- the replay value is through the roof if you go online.
It goes without saying that I highly recommend this year's version as a buy if you owned Tiger 2003 and played it extensively.

Of course, even as satisfied as I am, there are still areas I want to see improved. The development team tweaked some of the controls to make the experience a bit smoother, but it's still quite arcadey. This will definitely satisfy a lot of the gamers out there, but for golfers who actually play golf, or have played golf, everything from teeing off to putting in Tiger Woods PGA Tour still feels a bit out of place. It'd be really fantastic if in future versions the player could access a Pro mode and control a slider bar that affected the Total Precision Swing system whether you set it towards "arcade" or "simulation." Because, for me, teeing off isn't so much about hitting the ball straight as it is how much power I can get behind it.

Nonetheless, there's no other golf game I'd rather play this year and there's no reason you shouldn't feel the same way.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2003-10-26, 07:01 AM in reply to D3V's post "Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004"
Post these in GG or something. It's cluttering up Forum Discussion.

Anyways, it's good, but Hot Shots Golf will always own all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped