Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Posted 2004-09-30, 03:49 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "To make things efficient in economical..."
SlickFic04 said:
To make things efficient in economical ways u might want to consider this. Specialization amongst the members. What i mean is if one member or a few members do constant ball runs, or cow runz or pit runz with no mf and find socketables than they shouldnt have to do any countess runs, someone who does countess runs shouldnt have to do baal runz. Someone who does pindle/meph runs shouldnt do baal or countess, u see what im sayin? Specialization! makes things efficient. Efficient, producing at the lowest costs. so think a lil more on that.
That's not the point. I'm not trying to create some economic superpower here with a bunch of items. I'm just creating an economy to make it easier for people to trade, and do the other things I mentioned earlier. How people want to MF in their free time is up to them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-30, 03:56 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "That's not the point. I'm not trying to..."
mjordan2nd said:
There is no reason why Zelaron can't be one of the most powerful clans out on the internet.
Economy IS power, there is no other way to describe it. The more resources you have at your disposal the possible power you can bring to the table.

Only the most fanatical devoted people are going to make a truly powerful clan.

(Just trying to bring people out of the clouds here)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-30, 04:00 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Economy IS power, there is no other way..."
Vollstrecker said:
Economy IS power, there is no other way to describe it. The more resources you have at your disposal the possible power you can bring to the table.

Only the most fanatical devoted people are going to make a truly powerful clan.

(Just trying to bring people out of the clouds here)
Yes, but the intent of the economy is not so the leaders of the clan can become powerful. It's to help out the clan, plan tournaments, etc. Being a respected and powerful clan that people constantly want to join would be great, but that's not the main goal. We're just trying to make it fun, and encourage newcomers to get started with the financial aid provided to them by us.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-30, 04:08 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Yes, but the intent of the economy is..."
mjordan2nd said:
Yes, but the intent of the economy is not so the leaders of the clan can become powerful.
Never said anything about the leaders, I was merely referring to the clan in general.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-30, 04:40 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Economy IS power, there is no other way..."
Eh. When WoW comes out, I'm debating on what to do with my d2 gearz.

If this clan starts working well, and shows signs of growth by then, I may just donate my gearz to the clan. I'm not rich but hey, its better then nothing.

30 3/20/5's
39 3/20/20's
9 290's
2x Nigma
x/6/x cta
x/3/x cta
160/60 +98 Life
120/45
Up'd Ber'd HoZ
2x 397 edmg Ebotd Cb's
Numerous annis.
10x pcombats.
Ber'd Shako

Stuff like that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-09-30, 05:47 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Eh. When WoW comes out, I'm debating..."
Bullshit your not rich.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-09-30, 06:21 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Bullshit your not rich."
Ahem. Check out d2jsp? They are offering 60 3/20/20's an item for some things....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-09-30, 06:34 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Eh. When WoW comes out, I'm debating..."
Maybe I will as well. Depends on what I might get on ebay for it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-30, 06:51 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Maybe I will as well. Depends on what..."
Hey why dont u just make money? Turn ur fun into a business. I dont play d2 anymore so thats why i cant join the clan otherwise i would but i think my idea could turn ur love of the game into some $$ money cash hoooeez! Like i said thru specialization, and then have a few people be the traders, people who are good at it. Some hard work and some elbow greese and u got a legit business. Maybe if u get rich u can throw the entrepenuer (me) a few hundred dolla billz! lol
XboxLive: x2xExZ

D2jsp: Your_Mom
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlickFic04 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SlickFic04

Posted 2004-09-30, 06:52 PM in reply to SlickFic04's post starting "Hey why dont u just make money? Turn ur..."
lol

I might do something like that for a while.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-09-30, 06:54 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "lol I might do something like that..."
I appologize because I'm really busy tonight. If I had time, I would write up everything I want for the clan today, and statr admitting members tomorrow, but I have a crazy amount of homework. I swear to god though, everyone who meets the qualifications and wants to be in will be in by Saturday.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-30, 08:00 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I appologize because I'm really busy..."
just a thought that has come to my attention is that like SlickFic04 said is that the tax would kind of kill specialization. the tax should be like something equivilent not just one item/rune. For example, you said the tax could be a pul rune but what if you dont have a pul rune at the time when the tax is due or what if you do meph runs and only find items.
what i suggest is that the treasurer comes up with a few item equivilents of the tax. And another thing is what would you do with all the pul runes/other tax item of one kind anyway? you said it would be used to help setup tournaments and help new people ect. but atleast to me having 10 or so of the exact same items just doesnt sound logical for trading or even giving away purposes.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2004-09-30, 08:03 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "just a thought that has come to my..."
tidus2005 said:
just a thought that has come to my attention is that like SlickFic04 said is that the tax would kind of kill specialization. the tax should be like something equivilent not just one item/rune. For example, you said the tax could be a pul rune but what if you dont have a pul rune at the time when the tax is due or what if you do meph runs and only find items.
what i suggest is that the treasurer comes up with a few item equivilents of the tax. And another thing is what would you do with all the pul runes/other tax item of one kind anyway? you said it would be used to help setup tournaments and help new people ect. but atleast to me having 10 or so of the exact same items just doesnt sound logical for trading or even giving away purposes.
If the members follow my plan, and if the bank gets up and going, then hopefully we can use those pul runes to trade for items. There is already a table of equivalents to a pul rune made. Currency would be preferred of course, but if you can't pay the tax I'm sure there is something you could trade for a pul rune. We will find ways to work around any problems we have, just follow the system. Most important is we get this set up. If it works, then good. If not, we can ammend anything that needs to be changed. Like I said, Saturday this should be up and running. Just give me one more day.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-30, 08:38 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Both, I suppose. I'll get back to you..."
I used to like this game.

This game is a fucking game.

Stop whining about a ' clan '

a ' clan ' will NEVER happen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-09-30, 08:44 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "I used to like this game. This game..."
well u needn't worry about it, we wouldnt want you anyway
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2004-09-30, 08:54 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "just a thought that has come to my..."
Good point with the pul, I was already making a list of comprable items. Guess I will have to hurry up and get it done.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-09-30, 08:56 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Good point with the pul, I was already..."
OMG! I'm being taxed?

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2004-09-30, 09:00 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "I used to like this game. This game..."
slaynish said:
I used to like this game.

This game is a fucking game.

Stop whining about a ' clan '

a ' clan ' will NEVER happen.
It's already in place. All that's left for me to do is open it to everyone joining. I need to write a few guidelines, and that's it. Tomorrow, it will be open for registration.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-30, 09:02 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "OMG! I'm being taxed? NO TAXATION..."
Sovereign said:
OMG! I'm being taxed?

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION
Parliament has virtual representation...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-30, 09:03 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Parliament has virtual representation..."
I don't give a shit!!!!!

But this may seriously be a problem for me. Nearly ALL my resources have been used up, and I no longer mf... I might have hard time paying it.... (im not giving 3/20's as taxes!)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign