Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Question Jaguars sign Tim Couch..
Posted 2007-07-30, 10:56 AM
Credits: www.jaguars.com

Yes, it's official. Pretty exciting news to me, most guys are skeptical and don't want couch, they'd rather have Coldpecker, but honestly, we don't need him. Leftwich is going to be the starter, and he's going to light things up this year. We have a greatly improved offensive line, Leftwich is finally 100% and isn't going to be hampered by injury like he was last year, and things are finally going to work out. Remember Couch was a first round draft pick when he came out of college, and the Browns totally screwed over his career. Maybe he can prove himself again after his career was ultimately over, maybe not. But here's the real article.

Jaguars Sign Couch

07/29/07

The Jacksonville Jaguars signed veteran free agent quarterback Tim Couch to a contract today. Couch last played in the NFL in the 2004 preseason with the Green Bay Packers. The Jaguars waived rookie offensive tackle Dan Parrish.

Couch, 6-4, 225, was the first overall pick of the 1999 NFL Draft for the Cleveland Browns. Couch played five seasons for the Browns from 1999-2003 where he started 59 of 62 games. He completed 1,025 of 1,714 passes for 11,131 yards for 64 touchdowns and 67 interceptions for a 75.1 passer rating. He has recorded three career 300-yard passing games. He led the Browns to the playoffs and an 8-6 record as a starter in 2002, but did not play in the playoffs after suffering a broken leg.

Couch started eight of 10 games in 2003, his last full season in the NFL. He connected on 120 of 203 passes for 1,319 yards and seven touchdowns with six interceptions in 2003. He was released by Cleveland on June 11, 2004 and signed as a free agent with Green Bay on June 16, 2004. He was released by the Packers prior to the 2004 regular season.

The 29-year old spent three seasons at the University of Kentucky where he eclipsed nearly every school career passing record. He left school following his junior season where he earned unanimous first-team All-America honors.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-30, 11:26 AM in reply to D3V's post "Jaguars sign Tim Couch.."
Nothing will come of this. The guy is washed up.

Culpepper >>>>>>> Couch - dumb move by the Jags if you ask me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-07-30, 11:39 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Nothing will come of this. The guy is..."
Thanatos said:

I toally agree. At least you hae those 2 good runningbacks to make at least your season interesing
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-07-30, 11:57 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Nothing will come of this. The guy is..."
Thanatos said:

Check out the fine print.. We signed him on an NFL League minimum, and NO signing bonus. We're just bringing him in to see if he can take the 3rd quarterback slot, that and hell, if he actually does light things up maybe he can suprise some people, but the Jags have started training camp already, and leftwich has been definately suprising the skeptics down here that've gone to the free practice sessions at the stadium, so it looks as if we may not have that much to worry about, we'll see though.

Edit: Oh, and Culpepper wanted a much longer deal than what we wanted, we wanted to sign him to a 1-2year tender and just basically bring him in to see what he can, but on his behalf he's playing it well, i'm sure he'll end up somewhere nice like Atlanta.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-30, 12:23 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "I toally agree. At least you hae those..."
gruesomeBODY said:
I toally agree. At least you hae those 2 good runningbacks to make at least your season interesing
Those 2 runningbacks that tore up the Colts D last year for 400 yards... oh God I shudder just thinking about that game.

Oh, and just for shits and giggles, look at what I predicted on October 10th of last year: http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread....917#post567282

HAH. Damn I'm good. Too bad nobody took me up on that offer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-07-30, 12:39 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Those 2 runningbacks that tore up the..."
It's easy to predict a team winning the division and well, the AFC for that matter to win the SB, people to it every year. And once again, I predict the Jaguars to drestroy the rest of the NFL all season long and win the Superbowl, this is my official announcement, bet, wager, etc.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-07-30, 01:03 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "It's easy to predict a team winning the..."
It isn't easy... and first off, the Jags aren't even going to win their division, much less anything else. If they weren't in the same division as the Colts then maybe they'd have a chance. Until then, nuh uh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-07-30, 01:34 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "It isn't easy... and first off, the..."
You've gotta be kidding me thanatos. Go look at the stat sheets from last year Jags vs. Colts, we DOMINATED you guys both games, and totally fucking murdured you in the ground game the second time around. You guys have gotta be scared, and i'm sure you're gonna be hiding when we come to your town and whoop your ass, we just had a few off games and our starting QB out for most of the damn season, if you guys didn't have Manning, wow, I don't even know who the hell your backup is, but you'd guys be shit outta luck.

I mean seriously, your Oline is going to turn into garbage, you lost two receivers, Starvin marvin is going to just disappear this year, his productivity is going to be insiginificant, and after he's shutdown by most teams 2nd and 3rd corner, you guys will have nothing. It's just a matter of time before the dawn of the season is here, and the days of the Colts are over.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-07-30, 06:54 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "You've gotta be kidding me thanatos. Go..."
Alright man the series was tied 1-1 last year, the win is what matters, and yes you dominated us the 2nd game. The problem is, the Jaguars have to beat the rest of the league, not just the Colts. The Colts have the best regular season record from seasons 00-06. Manning just got his Superbowl ring, he's in his prime. Do you not see this? Here come the records, you just watch. Our O-line is still pretty much intact, and that is our number 1 priority - to protect Peyton.

The Colts have had critics since day 1. Especially Peyton critics. He shut them up last year. He is the best of the BEST of QBs that has ever played in the NFL. You can't deny that. He has more records than Tom Brady, now AND when everything is said and done and they're both retired. The only thing Brady has on Manning is 2 more SB rings. Manning will get them.

NOW comes the fun. Even IF the Jags beat the Colts in the regular season, we'll still have a higher seed than you. We win games. That's all we know how to do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-07-31, 10:32 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Alright man the series was tied 1-1..."
Haha, you're crazy! The Jaguars have had fluke years since 00, we must have the Marino curse after we blew the Dolphins outta the water way back when in the Playoff game when we shut up the Dol-fans 63-2, is was a sickening game to watch for them. But still, since then we've always had alot of talent, and a damn good team, just not enough maturity. Now, with Freddy T coming up on his 10,000 yard season, and most of the guys becoming veterans on the team, it's definately time we're going to step up.

I seen some clips from Training camp yesterday and was greatly supprised, Leftwich was bombing passes downfield, and Matt Jones made a few spectacular catches, one-handing the ball, it was insane. But for the Colts, their time is reallly up man, you've just gotta come to except that fact, their little run has gone on way long enough, and i'm sure you guys are afraid of the Jags, I would be too. As for those two more rings? There is no chance Peyton will get it, they're like the Jags, they stumble when it's so easy for them, and as for Peyton and the colts, they're going to be rolling downhill all season long.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-07-31, 11:03 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Haha, you're crazy! The Jaguars have..."
"Fluke years since 00" LOL. Pathetic. Keep dreaming, man. The Jags may make it past the Colts some day. Lemme tell you that that day isn't in sight.

Maybe Peyton won't get 2 more SB rings. At least he has 1, that's all that matters. He's up there with Elway, Aikman, Montana, Young, Marino, all the best QBs to play - he has surpassed most of them, actually. Has Leftwich done that? Negatory. You can't deny Peyton is one of the best QBs to ever play this game, ALL bias aside.

Yes the Jags/Colts game this year will be exciting to watch. I'm looking forward to some good games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-07-31, 11:21 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "You've gotta be kidding me thanatos. Go..."
How can you honestly say that Harrison's productivity is going to deteriorate to the point of non-existence? I mean, do you have some sort of insider information that no one else in the NFL community has, because if so, please tell me. The Colts are obviously the team to beat.

The Jags are good and all, but too inconsistent. Their aerial game is next to non-existence, but their run game is great. MJD is a stud, and they need to cut Fragile Fred and keep MJD with the entire load. He can handle, and he will excel.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-07-31, 11:43 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "How can you honestly say that..."
Titusfied said:
How can you honestly say that Harrison's productivity is going to deteriorate to the point of non-existence? I mean, do you have some sort of insider information that no one else in the NFL community has, because if so, please tell me. The Colts are obviously the team to beat.

The Jags are good and all, but too inconsistent. Their aerial game is next to non-existence, but their run game is great. MJD is a stud, and they need to cut Fragile Fred and keep MJD with the entire load. He can handle, and he will excel.
Things are going to change, my friend. The aerial game this year will be nothing like you've seen before. Marvin Harrison? .. He's going to get shutdown all year long, he's old, on the verge of being washed up, will probably become the 2nd receiver on the Colts, indefinately. Just keep an eye out, oh and for your "Eagles".. fly away little McNabb, he's going to suck again this year, as well.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-07-31, 11:50 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Things are going to change, my friend...."
Old and washed up? He put up 1,300 yards and 12 TDs last season. How many Jags even came close to that? Is that why he scored on Champ Bailey last year? Marvin can play football until he's 40. All he needs to do is run his routes and keep the speed up and he's unstoppable with Peyton throwing it to him. Best WR/QB combo in NFL history.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-07-31, 12:23 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Old and washed up? He put up 1,300..."
Thanatos said:
Old and washed up? He put up 1,300 yards and 12 TDs last season. How many Jags even came close to that? Is that why he scored on Champ Bailey last year? Marvin can play football until he's 40. All he needs to do is run his routes and keep the speed up and he's unstoppable with Peyton throwing it to him. Best WR/QB combo in NFL history.
Maurice Drew put up 1376 Total yards and 16 TDs, as a rookie .Fred put up a decent 1100 yards, Champ Bailey is getting old too, it's not much to outrun somebody when they stumble.. But in all honesty, I'm just trying to make some conversation, so lets keep arguing

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-07-31, 01:27 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Maurice Drew put up 1376 Total yards..."
There's really nothing more to argue about. The Colts have pounded the Jags every single year. Seriously, when was the last time you guys won your division? You've always been in the Colts' shadow. Granted, you may get a game or two on us, but in the long run: Colts > Jags. Fact.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-07-31, 02:55 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "There's really nothing more to argue..."
Thanatos said:
There's really nothing more to argue about. The Colts have pounded the Jags every single year. Seriously, when was the last time you guys won your division? You've always been in the Colts' shadow. Granted, you may get a game or two on us, but in the long run: Colts > Jags. Fact.
1999 , actually fucking no. Tennessee beat us twice, the year we went 14-2. Goddamnit. I think we may have led in 98 though, don't remember, don't feel like looking it up either.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-08-01, 01:44 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "1999 :(, actually fucking no. Tennessee..."
Dude, that was like 10 years ago. Congrats.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-08-01, 04:58 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Dude, that was like 10 years ago. ..."
He asked me when the last time we led the division, numbnuts.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-08-03, 05:25 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "He asked me when the last time we led..."
Right, but it was more of a rhetorical question. He was asking it to prove a point that the Colts have dominated the Jags for most of both your entire life's existence. Get it now?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied