Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

What is an American?
Posted 2008-10-08, 01:52 AM
maximus of m-f.com said:
This is an absolutely beautiful tribute to the United States of America
Say what you may ~ I thought this to be worthy of passing on.
And an Australian wrote it. Many people love America - many people don't.
But it is what it is.

[Image Removed]
Written by an Australian Dentist....and too good to delete....

To Kill an American
You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is . So they would know when they found one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

"An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican, African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian, or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho, Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native Americans.

An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist, or Muslim.
In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world.
The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor in Afghanistan. Americans welcome the best of everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty , welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America.

Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and abetted the terrorists.

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.
Yeah... I came across this on another forum I visit. Just thought you guys might enjoy it.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-10-08, 06:52 AM in reply to Draco2003's post "What is an American?"
I am always wary of things written like chain mail. Also, tldr.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-10-08, 07:11 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "I am always wary of things written like..."
x2.

An American in general is somebody that always thinks they are better than anyone else in this world. We are the most conceited country as a whole, and our arrogance outweighs our intelligence.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-10-08, 11:21 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "x2. An American in general is..."
Sad, but true.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-10-08, 11:38 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "x2. An American in general is..."
but.. but.. the article was so good.....

FUCK AUSTRALIA
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-10-08, 11:40 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "but.. but.. the article was so..."
The article was good, but it failed to include the many things wrong with Americans. :T
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-10-08, 11:42 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "The article was good, but it failed to..."
There are two types of Americans. They fall into two general varietys.

One group believes everything they say. You send them a chain E-mail telling them to forward it to 25 of their friends in the next month or they'll be hit by a train, they are going to send that fucking e-mail to 25 other people whom half will believe it as well.

The other general group of people are the one that don't believe bullshit. The ones that ask questions, are curious about their surroundsings.

Now, in each group there are people that don't care, and won't act on it. Most of the ignorant people fall into the first category, and are conveinently located in the Republican party.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-10-08, 11:46 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "There are two types of Americans. They..."
Wow! It all makes sense now! Now I gotta make something that has "Stop sending me spam, you silly Republican.", or something along those lines...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2008-10-08, 11:49 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Wow! It all makes sense now! Now I..."
I'd say 9/10 spammers are republicans.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-10-08, 12:18 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'd say 9/10 spammers are republicans."
You must of pulled that ratio right out of your ass.

I would say most people who believe in chain spam aren't a democrat or republican. They don't have a high enough intelligence to understand either side, and they rely on wishing, luck, and chain e-mails to move their life forward.

Just because someone is conservative, or religious doesn't make them stupid, they just have a different form of beliefs.

An intelligent person can see both sides, understand them, and not make biased choices/statements.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-10-08, 01:06 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'd say 9/10 spammers are republicans."
I'd say quite a few are liberatarians, so their spamming won't be illegal .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-10-08, 01:11 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'd say quite a few are liberatarians,..."
Sorry, forgot the /sarcasm tag.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-10-08, 02:08 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Sorry, forgot the /sarcasm tag."
Believeing what you read doesn't make you fucking stupid, believe that if 25 other people don't read it within 24 hours makes you fucking stupid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-08, 02:17 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Believeing what you read doesn't make..."

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-10-08, 02:20 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "............"
I'm a little lost, here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2008-10-08, 04:21 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I'm a little lost, here."
Hm, Kazilla I think you just killed this thread.

...Congrats?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-10-08, 04:35 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Hm, Kazilla I think you just killed..."
Have to excel at what you are good at.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-08, 05:51 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Have to excel at what you are good at."
Yeah, I don't follow chain letters either... if that was the case, I would have met 600+ decaying dead girls with no face that were hiding in my closet, about 200+ broken hearted women who wish to "steal" a man's fertility and sould through his eyes, and died on approximately 1200+ occasions...

And yes... those are the stupid ass myspace letters...

I just figured that you guys would view America in a more positivle light, because apparently someone else does.

All I am going to say is America isn't the government, or the people it governs, but the idea. That is what the Australian was trying to get across. Even if the American government fell apart during the next 4 years, the idea that America represents will live forever.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-10-08, 06:15 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Yeah, I don't follow chain letters..."
An american is a fat lazy druggie living off of wellfair in his mom's basement.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-10-08, 06:38 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "An american is a fat lazy druggie..."
!!!!

What did the black woman receive for getting an abortion?

A thank you card from the Welfare office and $200 dollars from Crime Stoppers. :-X FTW?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-