Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

Barb Melee PvP
Posted 2003-07-08, 04:58 PM
Just to start this discussion, Barbs purely have the advantage over all types of melee players.

Paladins have a good start with multiple hits from zeal, as with druids. But both of them lack major damage properties.

Concentrate has both damage and AR along with the invincible property of un-interruptiblity.

Also barbarians have Berzerk. Zerk is pure magical damage meaning it wont take many hits to kill an opponent. The problem with zerk is that it takes ur def to 0. this problem can be solved though. Use combos of conc/zerk and you wont get locked as badly and if u manage to land a zerk, the duel may be over.

Assassins seem like the ultimate duelers. But really they mostly rely on the stupid FoF bug. Barbarians can use berzerk on them anyway. Mine usually 1-2 hits asns. depends on their health quantaties.

Barbarians have masterys. another good principle of their build. Use what wepon you want and get extra damage for it. Get iron skin up a litte, or shout then your defence boots to levels where non-eth users are screwed.

Ill post more to talk about later. i got stuff to do. leave some comments peeps. ill answer questions if needed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Zuberan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZuberan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Zuberan

Posted 2003-07-08, 05:14 PM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
Babas have advantage over Melee due to WhirlWind...Masteries bug...

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-07-08, 05:15 PM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
Im talkin about melee. ww isnt melee =\
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Zuberan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenZuberan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Zuberan

Posted 2003-07-08, 05:18 PM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
Whirlwind isn't melee?

That's....clan 76legit's rule, if I remember correctly.

I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-07-11, 08:44 PM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
WW = Meele thats why they dominate it, can you get 4 frame berserk?

Even then, smitedin and a good bear would own the barb, or an asn, stunning and dragonflight, while letting its master do some of the work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-07-12, 02:25 PM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
bear no good against uninterruptable barb

i think max speed for bezerk/conentrate =9fps? maybe 8 pretty slow but strong none the less >.<
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Apoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenApoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Apoq

Posted 2003-07-13, 03:22 PM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
Bear has that one thing when he sends out the wave and it stuns the player right? than he can have ravens to block lock, stuff like that, i think the bear would make the barb its bitch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2003-07-13, 03:32 PM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
Shockwave doesn't stun very well at low level, and if you plan to go Shockwave, you will need some FCR, or else it won't be effective enough. However, with FCR, some melee stats are going to suffer, and won't really post a danger to a well-built Baba.

Ravens against baba don't even hit enough due to high def. And...bears don't too enough damage to go against an uninterruptable attack.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Senesia

Posted 2003-07-13, 04:45 PM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
shockwave is bugged to only stun half the listed duration.

if you duel a BvB bear thats not true senesia i've killed many conc barbs because they had 3.5k>life but overall its harder if you have less experience.

Last edited by Apoq; 2003-07-19 at 10:03 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Apoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenApoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Apoq

Posted 2003-07-17, 11:40 AM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
heh but if u can get a barb with the 3rd fhr bp (not sure what it is) they own so hard druids are screwed too cuz they never get outta the 9fps conc
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Zuberan

Posted 2003-07-19, 10:04 PM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
fhr doesn't mean that much dueling barbs imparticularly but if you are using a druid i reccomend shael stormshield on a wb or ww
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Apoq

Posted 2003-07-20, 03:31 PM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
yea, a regular build is

Chammed 1.08 Vampire gaze
ethd 245-250 5-7 %ll Doom bringer
Shealed 1.09 stormshield
160/60 ias 98-100 life plate
2X 10-11 life leach rings
10-20 ias 6ll gloves with crushing blow
Wartraveler boots
perfect 09 string
Cats eye ammulet

Optimal charms are
6X 3 max damage /20 attack rating/5% faster hit recovery sc's
34X 3 max damage/20 attackrating/20 life sc's

9 fps breakpoint for champion sword is 90 ias
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Zuberan

Posted 2003-07-20, 03:32 PM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
9 fps breakpoint for champion sword is 90 ias

correction its at 89 ias but whose gonna get that accurate?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Zuberan

Posted 2003-07-21, 04:04 PM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
i don't think its possible to get "89% ias" so we'll just say 89%

hm i just realized 90/89% ias is same as 9 frame for a 10 speed bow... eheh
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Apoq

Posted 2003-07-26, 09:45 AM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
does it really matter?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slick Rick is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSlick Rick is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Slick Rick

Posted 2003-07-26, 10:03 AM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
hm good question, no
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Apoq

Posted 2003-07-30, 01:12 PM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
heh yea, cb is too hard to get 9 frame bp its 147 ias ud have to fug ur whole setup to get it (not shealed ss = pallys lock u easy) so heh other wise id use 09/08 gf prolly 250% ethd 09
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Zuberan

Posted 2003-07-31, 02:18 PM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
barbs dont need shaeld ss
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Apoq

Posted 2003-08-19, 10:02 AM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
I am afraid you are Incorrect Apoq, Barbarian class does need a Sheal rune in a Storm Shield aegis/monarch to achive Max block rate.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Zuberan

Posted 2003-08-19, 04:11 PM in reply to Zuberan's post "Barb Melee PvP"
max block rate?
technically a barbarian needs 280% faster block rate to acheive "max block rate"
and highest possible block rate for a barbarian would be
jewelers monarch of deflection shael shael shael (empty socket)
for 90% (86% breakpoint)

yes shael does make barb get to 42% fbr bp, but it doesn't help as much as edmax edstr or other +damage jewels
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Apoq