Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Merc questions
Posted 2004-05-27, 11:50 AM
I've got a lvl 83 meteorsorc and a lvl 66 A2 NM Merc.

He's equipped with:

- Eth Vamp Gaze (I THINK, haven't checked, Eth items don't get destroyed if a merc uses it)
- Spire of Honor (Best I can find to use with his strength)
- (Don't laugh..okay, laugh) Trang Oul's armor.

What can I use to help him out? I unfortunately don't have a shaftstop. Any ideas? Thoughts on what he should be using?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jabberwock is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenjabberwock is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

jabberwock

Posted 2004-05-27, 12:29 PM in reply to jabberwock's post "Merc questions"
jabberwock said:
I've got a lvl 83 meteorsorc and a lvl 66 A2 NM Merc.

He's equipped with:

- Eth Vamp Gaze (I THINK, haven't checked, Eth items don't get destroyed if a merc uses it)
- Spire of Honor (Best I can find to use with his strength)
- (Don't laugh..okay, laugh) Trang Oul's armor.

What can I use to help him out? I unfortunately don't have a shaftstop. Any ideas? Thoughts on what he should be using?
use black hades with the purple jewels , so u can equip eth bonehew , the gaze is OK
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Death is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDeath is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Death

Posted 2004-05-27, 06:11 PM in reply to jabberwock's post "Merc questions"
you can use an upgraded skulders (around 14xx def) since you're a sorc. it adds some extra mf if he gets the kill. and you should lvl him so that he's about your lvl to do decent damage. chances are he won't max out resists, so find a veil of steel for helm (50 all res), stone armor (15 res), or if you can, get a coa (20ish res). if you can afford eth bonehew, might as well get a reeper's tolls.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slanted-manji is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenslanted-manji is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

slanted-manji

Posted 2004-05-27, 07:13 PM in reply to slanted-manji's post starting "you can use an upgraded skulders..."
Actually, if his resists kind of suck, I'd make him a 'Smoke' armor (Nef Lum).

Gives 75% DEF, 50 all resists and whatnot. It's not bad.

You might want to upgrade his damage later on, but at higher levels, it's the merc's Aura that you want, not his killing ability usually...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-05-27, 07:14 PM in reply to slanted-manji's post starting "you can use an upgraded skulders..."
Thanks guys. Wrote it down so I can keep an eye out for these things. I do have a spare Skullder's. Need runes! Lol. Got 4 KOs but no Lems for the upgrade. Countess here I come!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jabberwock is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenjabberwock is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

jabberwock

Posted 2004-05-27, 09:09 PM in reply to jabberwock's post starting "Thanks guys. Wrote it down so I can..."
my merc uses: eth perfect gaze, eth up'd shaft, eth 2x amn bonehew. But, once i get another coh, that would go on him. btw, he's a act 2 nightmare frozen aura merc
What is this!?! A center for ants!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
supaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensupaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

supaflip_69

Posted 2004-05-28, 07:04 PM in reply to supaflip_69's post starting "my merc uses: eth perfect gaze, eth..."
why do u guys get him at nm why not hell?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-05-28, 07:21 PM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "why do u guys get him at nm why not..."
because you cant get a frozen aura merc in hell, only in nightmare
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-05-28, 10:39 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Actually, if his resists kind of suck,..."
Vollstrecker said:
Actually, if his resists kind of suck, I'd make him a 'Smoke' armor (Nef Lum).

Gives 75% DEF, 50 all resists and whatnot. It's not bad.
dammit u stole my line
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2004-05-29, 12:10 AM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "why do u guys get him at nm why not..."
tokill.ace said:
why do u guys get him at nm why not hell?
Act 2 mercs in Normal and Hell are the same. Nightmare are different auras.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2004-05-29, 10:11 AM in reply to badboy's post starting "Act 2 mercs in Normal and Hell are the..."
woot woot! bringing my merc in mausoleum runs, he lvls ever 2 runs!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

jabberwock

Posted 2004-05-30, 10:20 AM in reply to jabberwock's post starting "woot woot! bringing my merc in..."
Also; go back to NM , take all the merc's gear off, buy a new merc.. He should be lvl 83..

( It works in nonladder; atleast..)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-05-30, 10:34 AM in reply to supaflip_69's post starting "my merc uses: eth perfect gaze, eth..."
why u all use bonehews for mercs ?????
every1 always told me ariocs needle was best for act 2 mercs...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDr. Geekstar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dr. Geekstar

Posted 2004-05-31, 09:08 PM in reply to Dr. Geekstar's post starting "why u all use bonehews for mercs ?????..."
Eth Bonehews are more common, I think, than Eth Arioc's.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-06-01, 11:19 AM in reply to badboy's post starting "Act 2 mercs in Normal and Hell are the..."
badboy said:
Act 2 mercs in Normal and Hell are the same. Nightmare are different auras.
yes , mostly nm auras rule
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Death is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDeath is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Death

Posted 2004-06-01, 04:07 PM in reply to Death's post starting "yes , mostly nm auras rule"
i find eth ariocs works well, extremely high dam, plus 3 to skills for his aura( personal prefference)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
dgpnd81 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendgpnd81 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

dgpnd81