Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

No More Federal Income Taxes
Posted 2008-02-12, 08:41 PM
So, I bought this book a while ago called The FairTax Book, by Congressman John Linder and Neal Boortz, Despite the fact that it's a book on taxes I found it to be quite entertaining and extremely informative, Basicly it outlines one of the most researched tax reform plans ever, Replaces the productivity punishing and overall unfair federal income tax withholding system with a FAIR federal retail sales tax, please excuse my lack of punctuation and enter key, but what do you guys think of this idea'question mark'

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-02-13, 06:33 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post "No More Federal Income Taxes"
It's a joke. These guys are just wanting tax cuts because their rich cheap bastard asses are tired of paying taxes, and too stupid to open foreign accounts because they're too American.

It is not in fact, the most researched tax reform plan, that's simply bullshit.

They do have a few good points within the book, but realistically if something like the "Fair Tax Plan" went through...

Although the FairTax would eliminate the filing of all individual tax returns, the FairTax turns every business into a tax collector. Every small service business and every Internet business that does not currently collect state sales taxes will have to collect taxes for the federal government. Every doctor will now have to charge sales tax on his services. Where will this end? Will the neighborhood boy who mows lawns have to begin collecting federal sales tax on each lawn mowed? Will the neighborhood girl who baby sits have to do likewise?

The national retail sales tax rate under the FairTax plan is 23 percent. That is on top of state sales taxes that are currently collected by forty-five states. That is on top of the sales tax that many cities and counties also collect.

That is on top of the special taxes that exist on hotel rooms in most areas of the country. I suppose that a national retail sales tax would also apply to gasoline. There is no mention of the federal gas tax anywhere in the Fair Tax Act of 2005. No list of taxes that are supposed to be eliminated under the FairTax includes the federal gas tax. Does this mean that there will be an additional 23 percent tax on each gallon of gasoline?

Seriously, you need to educate yourself a bit before you go around boasting this fairtax, look at what it actually stands for and comprehend what it actually means. If this we're to get passed, it would only be helping out the wealthy sleezeball republicans that don't want to pay any extra taxes, ever.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-02-13, 11:59 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "It's a joke. These guys are just..."
Horrible idea. It'd shift more tax burden to the lower-middle and lower class. The top 20% of Americans already control the vast majority of the wealth in this country. Hell, the top 1% control about a third.

The reason why it's harder on the working man is because the working man spends more of his salary. The rich can just keep piling their cash into investments until they lobby for a reform or move that money elsewhere .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-02-13, 12:03 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Horrible idea. It'd shift more tax..."
Willkillforfood said:
Horrible idea. It'd shift more tax burden to the lower-middle and lower class. The top 20% of Americans already control the vast majority of the wealth in this country. Hell, the top 1% control about a third.

The reason why it's harder on the working man is because the working man spends more of his salary. The rich can just keep piling their cash into investments until they lobby for a reform or move that money elsewhere .
+1

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-02-13, 06:55 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "+1 ;)"
Nice, highly ignorant and uneducated guesses there fellas, It most certainly does NOT shift any tax burden what so ever on the middle and lower classes, in fact it will allow anyone who chooses to do so to live without any tax burden what so ever, The business that will be required to collect the FairTax will be compensated for their efforts, On average the imbedded taxes in the cost of goods and services is estimated to be about 22% market competetion will inevitably bring the prices of goods and services down that 22%, then you add the FairTax a 23% Inclusive tax that will be shown on every reciept, so your goods go up about 1% on average, the cocksucker that throws his 16 year old daughter a $20,000 birthday party with a fucking helicopter and a new benz will be paying the highest taxes all of your 'special' taxes are null and void, this is a FAIR TAX, which will be paid by drug dealers, hookers, pimps, illegals, EVERYONE, You can live without any tax burden what so ever because there will be a monthly prebate issued to every household based on the taxes that will be spent every month on basic nessicities, If you'd like to file me in with your group of "rich cheap bastards" that does not want to pay taxes anymore, fine do so, but they currently steal $250 or more from me per week, which I would be able to keep and save, or spend how I like, if I choose to live by only what I need I will never pay taxes, and when I do I will know exactly how much tax I pay because it will be right there on the reciept say; Mossberg 500= $231, FairTax =$69 Total=$300 No more guessing how much of the cost of that gun went to the federal government throught its production and shipping, You sir need to educate yourself BEFORE responding like that, on a side note I Do not plan on staying under $50k per year, I plan on being a member of that "evil rich" class that you hate so much

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-02-13, 07:15 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Nice, highly ignorant and uneducated..."
Hey bro, what you just said absolutely is in agreeance with that ignorant Neal Boortz, who's facts in fact aren't facts but incorrect guestimations of trying to sway his side of the story so that he doesn't have to pay taxes anymore, i'd research this a bit more if I were you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Afroman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAfroman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Afroman

Posted 2008-02-13, 07:17 PM in reply to Afroman's post starting "Hey bro, what you just said absolutely..."
Researched plenty thanks, By the time this would take effect he would no longer be earning a taxable income, so again Nice try, it would give the people POWER it would be the largest transfer of power from government to the people in the history of our great nation, there would no longer be lobbiests bribing government officials to benifit their industry or corporation, and we as a people could cease spending on things other than the nessicary, thus bringing the government to its knees if we do not like what's going on, also I've been searching for a more researched and funded tax reform plan and I simply cannot find anything that remotely comes close to the time money and effort put into this

Last edited by Adrenachrome; 2008-02-13 at 07:35 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-02-13, 08:20 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Nice, highly ignorant and uneducated..."
No, it does shift the taxes to the middle and lower classes, because those pretty much have to spend the money they make, while the rich can put most of it all away in investments so their children can live without working and such. That $20,000 party is likely a small fraction of what they're putting away and not spending.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-02-13, 08:23 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "No, it does shift the taxes to the..."
You didn't read my post, under the fair tax you do not HAVE to pay ANY federal taxes what so ever

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-02-13, 08:33 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "You didn't read my post, under the fair..."
I did read your post. Sure, you do not HAVE to pay any federal taxes, just like you don't HAVE to eat. In other words, you do HAVE to pay federal taxes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-02-13, 08:38 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I did read your post. Sure, you do not..."
You will recieve a prebate for any taxes you will have to pay for needs

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-02-14, 03:28 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "You will recieve a prebate for any..."
You, sir, are an idealist.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-02-14, 06:50 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "You, sir, are an idealist."
It does seem out of reach, I just want economic freedom

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-02-14, 07:03 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "It does seem out of reach, I just want..."
It's not really that easy, look at all of the programs through each state that run off of income taxes, I mean if you don't like police officers, fire stations, libraries, the lottery, paved roads, etc. I mean i'm with you it does suck, but this program is too far out of reach for reality.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-02-14, 08:29 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "It's not really that easy, look at all..."
It doesn't apply to state taxes, Lottery is not funded by the government, This only applies to Federal withholding, and it is designed to produce the same ammount of income to the federal government, It will do so because of the shear ammount of new tax payers, (drug dealers, pimps, tourists, ect) It would probobly add atleast 30 million new tax payers, And encourage business, Think of ALL businesses, when my boss decides to expand his business or any business decision in general, the very first thing he thinks of How will much this decision cost m e in taxes, we spend hundreds of billions yearly complying with the current tax code, the main people against this bill are the ones who stand to benefit fromt he current system, It would lower government corruption substantially

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-02-16, 09:11 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "It doesn't apply to state taxes,..."
It's well-intended but I just don't really see this happening. The underground economy's having to pay more is nice. However, as far as tourists are concerned, more expensive=less tourists.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-02-16, 08:11 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "It's well-intended but I just don't..."
You're not following along, goods and services are not expected to rise very much in cost at all, with all the embedded taxes and tax compliance costs and all being gone.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-02-17, 09:11 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "You're not following along, goods and..."
So where's the extra money going to come from then if the prices aren't going to go up?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-02-17, 09:22 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "It doesn't apply to state taxes,..."
Adrenachrome said:
it is designed to produce the same ammount of income to the federal government, It will do so because of the shear ammount of new tax payers, (drug dealers, pimps, tourists, ect) It would probobly add atleast 30 million(Just a wild guess) new tax payers,
I'll get you the educated estimate on new taxpayers, I know one number 12million illegal aliens + the whole of the underground economy, and all wealthy people who do not have a taxable income

That and we won't be spending billions on IRS bureaucracies

Last edited by Adrenachrome; 2008-02-17 at 09:28 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-02-17, 01:13 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "I'll get you the educated estimate on..."
As long as the government is getting money, there will be an IRS.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired