Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

:○ Wii...
Posted 2007-01-05, 05:39 PM
posting this off of the wii. why? well, i dont really know. :9 either way this is amusing to say the least
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dubby is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDubby is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dubby

Posted 2007-01-06, 11:19 AM in reply to Dubby's post ":○ Wii..."
The Wii has online capabilities?

Long ago they said you would be able to download classic games using the Wii, is this true?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-01-06, 11:49 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The Wii has online capabilities? ..."
Yup, it has the Opera Browser and you can download a bunch of games from the NES SNES N64 and a few other consoles I forgot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2007-01-06, 01:49 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The Wii has online capabilities? ..."
!King_Amazon! said:
The Wii has online capabilities?

Long ago they said you would be able to download classic games using the Wii, is this true?

sega genasis, and another really old console i can't remember. the old games are 5 usd each, and newer ones are a little more. the n64 games are 10 usd. most of the old old games i can to run fine on emulaters, but alot of the good n64 ones dont run well. ie: i want to get turok and goldeneye for starters. but the downside to this is the games are custom tailored for the wii... so right now there is very little to choose from.

bfw, this is off the wii's browser too . :9
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dubby is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDubby is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dubby

Posted 2007-01-06, 04:36 PM in reply to Dubby's post starting "sega genasis, and another really old..."
There was a report a day or so ago of pr0n sites already having been modified to work with the Wii... and the Wii browser became available onnnnnnn Christmas Day, was it?

!K_A! - the classic games are played using something Nintendo call the "Virtual Console". At the moment, as Dubby has said, there aren't too many games available, but Nintendo have promised to eventually have hundreds of classics available.

They're also working on Wii <-> DS connectivity. There's one game that can do it so far, and that's the new Pokemon game. All the game is, is arena fighting, but you can transfer any Pokemon you've caught on the DS versions into the game and fight with them and level them up. At the moment, though, there are no plans to release the game in America; to play it you need a Japanese Wii and a Japanese version of the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-07, 02:51 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "There was a report a day or so ago of..."
i can play sega for free its called an EMULATOR get one geez
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2007-01-07, 07:22 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "i can play sega for free its called an..."
It's the 'thing' these days - selling old games again, to be played on new systems.

I suppose it's easier to get them from the official store, and know that they'll play on your system, rather than mess around for hours trying to find the ROM, the right emulator, working out why they don't work together and so on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-07, 09:20 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It's the 'thing' these days - selling..."
i suppose lenny. it is true they take care of all that for you . and economicaly speaking, i can fully understand why they are charging what they are for the games. besides, if you have a job, their small fee is nothing to even worry or think twice about .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dubby

Posted 2007-01-07, 09:42 AM in reply to Dubby's post starting "i suppose lenny. it is true they take..."
Too right. A few dollars is nothing. And when you put it into pounds it's even less.

I'm never going to own a Wii, let alone buy games for it's Virtual Console, but I might eventually buy games fro the PS Store when Sony pull their finger out and release a firmware update to play the PS1 games on the PS3. The games will be around a fiver, probably less. I'd gladly buy them for that price.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-07, 11:40 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Too right. A few dollars is nothing...."
I've finally decided on a PS3. It's only a matter of time before I get one.

I want RPGs. Halo 3 would be great and so would Zelda and whatever else the Wii gets, but PS3 will be the RPG console, and it's what I'm getting.

I also like the free online play and how it can connect to my wireless net.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-01-07, 11:54 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I've finally decided on a PS3. It's..."
Yay for converts!

I would say that the 360 is getting some good RPGs... but the majority seem to be on both or are porting.

It also gets some good Shooters... but a few of them are porting too.

EDIT: Talking about RPGs, a new expansion pack has been announced for Oblivion.

Last edited by Lenny; 2007-01-07 at 12:03 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-07, 04:54 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Yay for converts! :D I would say..."
an expansion pack huh? i'll get it when its out, but lol after the disappointment with oblivion... i wont be buying it this time around. if i see the ps3 getting alot of rpg's i might consider getting the console. might. im also veeery interested in companies have in mind for the wii remote(s).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Dubby

Posted 2007-01-07, 06:31 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It's the 'thing' these days - selling..."
Lenny said:
I suppose it's easier to get them from the official store, and know that they'll play on your system, rather than mess around for hours trying to find the ROM, the right emulator, working out why they don't work together and so on.
If you're too stupid to figure out how to do that, then yes by all means.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-01-08, 10:14 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "If you're too stupid to figure out how..."
I've tried many times, but very few worked.

Then I realised my friends actually had the games so I borrowed them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-01-08, 10:26 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I've tried many times, but very few..."
Using an emulator is really very easy. Making an emulator, probably not so much, but using one is very easy. At least for SNES games, and NES games, and in my experience N64 games(although some of those require a pretty nice computer.)

Oh and all older handheld emulators are pretty easy. Examples are Game Gear, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game boy Advanced.

Sega Genesis and Sega Master System emulators are pretty easy too, and then ones like MAME and neogeo, though I didn't really care for them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-01-08, 10:56 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Using an emulator is really very easy. ..."
I downloaded an emulator once. I think it was for SNES. It crashed every 15 minutes and the controls were horrible >_<
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-01-08, 11:51 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I downloaded an emulator once. I think..."
If you can't run an emulator you're an idiot. I'm an idiot and I can run one just fine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-01-08, 03:02 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "If you can't run an emulator you're an..."
Yeah, cause my stupidty causes crashes in the middle of Mario games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-01-08, 03:07 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Using an emulator is really very easy. ..."
As the Palm folks have shown us, it's not a performance problem to emulate a system on one twice as powerful, as long as you rewrite the OS in native code; the problem there is that if you miss a querk, something may not work right. Also, if you aren't the original author of the OS, that may be quite a job. Taking that into consideration, emulation environments written by those responsable for the original system are inclined to fewer problems.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-01-08, 04:10 PM in reply to Dubby's post ":○ Wii..."
Xbox360>PS3>Wii

And yes I've played them all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win