Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Exclamation Super Columbine Massacre RPG!
Posted 2007-11-01, 10:19 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_C...assacre_RPG%21

Well then... I stumbled upon this when I was reading the wiki for our beloved RPG Maker series. It is a game created with the RM2K or 2K3 engine that re-enacts the events that took place the day of the Columbine shooting in exacting details. I have yet to play it, but from the wiki, it says it took the guy who made it 6 months.

Personally, I think I agree with the guy who made it. He says he went through the same thing in school, with the bullying and being picked on. I used to be picked on in elementary school, but I don't remember too much about it. But I do remember that all people would say is, "Go somewhere else!" or, "Just ignore it!" Well news to the world, THAT DOESN'T WORK!!! Unless you have been picked on, I don't think you can actually see the irony in this particular shooting. According to the creator, this game was made to show people why this stuff happens AND the consequences. It's not just, "Hey look at me, I am getting picked on so imma shoot up a school," it shows that they payed for it with their lives. But it's not a "They were just bad people," either. These kids were picked on, and because of their lifestyle, labled as indecent humans who deserved the death they got. Of course it's horrible reliving the moment, especially if you lost someone. But if you don't acknowledge that it happened, then it will continue to be a problem, and this game tries to explain that.

What do you guys think about this game, and the situation in particular?
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2007-11-01, 10:43 PM in reply to Draco2003's post "Super Columbine Massacre RPG!"
I don't care about the game, but nothing that happened to the columbine kids excuses what they did. Nothing at all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-11-01, 10:46 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't care about the game, but..."
!King_Amazon! said:
I don't care about the game, but nothing that happened to the columbine kids excuses what they did. Nothing at all.
Sure it does. They were picked on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-11-01, 10:47 PM in reply to Draco2003's post "Super Columbine Massacre RPG!"
I discovered this almost a year ago. But yeah.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-11-01, 11:18 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Sure it does. They were picked on."
mjordan2nd said:
Sure it does. They were picked on.
Oh shit, is that what happened?

Then yeah, all of the people that died in the Columbine shooting deserved what they got. They shouldn't have called the kids names.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-11-01, 11:44 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Oh shit, is that what happened? Then..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Oh shit, is that what happened?

Then yeah, all of the people that died in the Columbine shooting deserved what they got. They shouldn't have called the kids names.
You know what is interesting, though? I am sure that in the minds of the shooters they were justified. To practically everyone else in the world the columbine kids are villains, but in their own heads they were justified. What does it take to mutilate a kids mind that much? I honestly would like to know.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-11-01, 11:55 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "You know what is interesting, though? I..."
If I remember right, Socrates said that nobody willingly does evil. Whatever they do, even if it is evil, they believe something good, at least for them, will come from it. He said that it is impossible to knowingly do something that you believe to be wrong, or something like that.

So really, anyone who does anything thinks they are justified, in some way, otherwise they wouldn't do what they are doing.

Either way, people are fucked up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-11-02, 12:51 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "If I remember right, Socrates said that..."
Good post. I'll rep you when I can for it.

But yeah, people are fucked up. It's amazing, really, some of the things a person will think up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-11-02, 06:16 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "If I remember right, Socrates said that..."
Bah, just because someone from thousands of years ago said something doesn't make it true.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-11-02, 07:52 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Bah, just because someone from..."
Grаν¡tоnЅurgе said:
Bah, just because someone from thousands of years ago said something doesn't make it true.
True, but we shouldn't discredit it for being a legend's quote, or run away from it because we're scared that we are succumbing to an argument from authority. I don't think we're doing anything of the sort. I think that statement is absolutely valid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-11-02, 08:26 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Bah, just because someone from..."
GravitonSurge said:
Stick, ass, removal.

I never said I agree with him, I was just stating what he said because I felt it applied. I do agree with him, for the most part, because it's logical. Why would you do something when there's nothing good you can gain from it and you know that? People do things for the rewards that they see. People don't do evil because they WANT to do evil, people do evil because it leads to something that they want.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-11-02, 10:48 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "You know what is interesting, though? I..."
mjordan2nd said:
What does it take to mutilate a kids mind that much? I honestly would like to know.
I heard, from reliable sources, mind you, that it was that horribly realistic and corrupting video game, Doom.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-11-12, 07:50 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "I heard, from reliable sources, mind..."
Halo is better?

Anything that anyone recieves they deserve KA otherwise they would not get it. Even if it's a slug in the ass. Karma is never wrong!

(Please note that I am being incredibly sarcastic in this post. Yes this edit is for the retards out there who might flame someone for joking.)
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog