Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Problems Playing Games
Posted 2006-03-23, 01:03 PM
I was working on my game when I got stuck so I needed some insperation.
i went to www.gamingw.net and download "final fantasy- Crystal Wings"
but when i unzipped it and stuff i when to play it and it said

RunTime Package not found. Install RTPe.exe

and i don't know where it is? Please help

-Ninja
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
United_Ninjas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUnited_Ninjas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

United_Ninjas

Posted 2006-03-23, 01:32 PM in reply to United_Ninjas's post "Problems Playing Games"
Haha, that's because it's an old RM2k game. Can't run it directly unless you have RM2k installed. I'll see if I can find the installers for it and host them.

Edit: Found this site, it should have all the stuff you'll need for it. http://www.crankeye.com/index.php?page=downloads

Last edited by BlueCube; 2006-03-23 at 01:42 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2006-03-23, 01:36 PM in reply to United_Ninjas's post "Problems Playing Games"
We've massacred your other thread (sorry!), so now you've started a new one. Hooray for activity!

---

I think I know what it means.

If you make a new project, open the project folder, and copy the "RTP.exe" from it into the Final Fantasy game folder, then it might work.

EDIT: If a game doesn't work for me, I open it up in the actual program and play using Test Play.

Last edited by Lenny; 2006-03-23 at 01:45 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-03-23, 01:49 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "We've massacred your other thread..."
You mean RPG_RT.exe

But seriously, the RTP installation for RM2k was RTPe.exe for some reason I could never figure out, and also that game is an RM2k game, so he'll need to install the whole thing (Or just the RTP, though I would install the whole thing...)

He could get it to run in RM2k3 if he opens it in the program, the battles will be a bit odd since he'll have to change the battle charsets and such on his own. There's some other compatibilty errors as well, can't think of them at the moment, however. It's still best to run it in it's native program. (I'll host the stuff myself later, but for now he can use the external site)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2006-03-23, 02:05 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "You mean RPG_RT.exe But seriously,..."
If you want to send me the program I can host it somewhere. I've got about 2gb of hosts dotted around...the most is 100mb on one site I don't use anymore, so, if you're stuck for any space I can help out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-03-23, 02:08 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If you want to send me the program I..."
Nah, I've got 200MB lying around nowadays

It's more a matter of me being too lazy to do it right now, heh
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2006-03-23, 02:15 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Nah, I've got 200MB lying around..."

Okily Dokily Monsier Bleu.

Out of pure interest, do you still work doing those classes for people who can't right click for toffee?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-03-23, 05:48 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting ":p Okily Dokily Monsier Bleu. Out..."
Not at the moment, those classes happen on a regular cycle (teachers are required to have x amount of hours in a technology course every year). They are talking about bringing me back in for this cycle, though.

I look forward to things like "Alright, right-click and choose 'Format Cells'", "WHOA WHOA WHOA SLOW DOWN I AM NOT GOOD AT COMPUTERS YOU NEED TO SLOW DOWN, RIGHT CLICK AND THEN WHAT THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR ME". Teachers are the worst students ever... if their kids acted like that, detentions would be handed out in seconds.

Ah, technology

(Edit: Must have been tired last night, but fixed the bbcode this morning at least)

Last edited by BlueCube; 2006-03-24 at 05:35 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Evil Grin
Posted 2006-03-23, 10:42 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Not at the moment, those classes happen..."
Does anyone know how 2 make Charater Sprites. I go 2http://charas-project.net/
but when I tey to put in into paint, then into my folder, then into my game there in won't work.

---
Yours untruly

Santa
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Awsome&Cool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAwsome&Cool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Awsome&Cool