in the Database under the hero tab, where it has
[---Character Graphics---]

Face
set

Sprite
set

Battle Sprite

???

there is no set for battle sprite how do i change it because it doesn't look like my character?

-Ninja
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
United_Ninjas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUnited_Ninjas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

United_Ninjas

Posted 2006-03-13, 04:21 PM in reply to United_Ninjas's post "Changing Battle Sprites?"
You set the battle sprites in the "Animations 2" tab. Make sure you have all of your battle charsets imported.

From there just set all of the relevant poses (it has its own tab, "Poses", which isn't on by default). Yes, you do them one-by-one. "Weapons" are just frames that go on top of the poses, so I hope you have the proper weaponsets as well...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2006-03-13, 06:09 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "You set the battle sprites in the..."
I remember not being able to figure that out either when I first got started. I ended up replacing the battle graphics directly through the rpg maker folders.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noble Swordsman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoble Swordsman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noble Swordsman

Posted 2006-03-23, 11:17 PM in reply to Noble Swordsman's post starting "I remember not being able to figure..."
I know this isn't really on topic, but how do you create a Character sprite? I create them and put it in my folder. But when I try to put it in the Game I can't because of Colour Depth, I've red other posts and tried everything! http://charas-project.net/. And its the same with Face's and Battle Sprites!

I'm stocked man'

---
P.S I'm a Dunce, how do you set an Avata.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Awsome&Cool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAwsome&Cool is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Awsome&Cool

Posted 2006-03-24, 02:10 AM in reply to Awsome&Cool's post starting "I know this isn't really on topic, but..."
please delete this post. i accidentally double posted. sorry

Last edited by sciencekid; 2006-03-24 at 02:15 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid

Posted 2006-03-24, 02:12 AM in reply to Awsome&Cool's post starting "I know this isn't really on topic, but..."
Awsome&Cool said:
if your referring to a zelaron avatar, then here's whatcha do:

go up to the top of this page where it says: User CP
Click on it.
then on the left side of the page there is a column and in it, it says "edit avatar"... click on it.
Lastly either upload your own image, or tpe in the url of one already on the internet. click save changes and your done!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensciencekid is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sciencekid

Posted 2006-03-24, 05:38 AM in reply to Awsome&Cool's post starting "I know this isn't really on topic, but..."
Awsome&Cool said:
I know this isn't really on topic, but how do you create a Character sprite? I create them and put it in my folder. But when I try to put it in the Game I can't because of Colour Depth, I've red other posts and tried everything! http://charas-project.net/. And its the same with Face's and Battle Sprites!

I'm stocked man'

---
Invalid Color Depth = Open it in MSPaint (or whatever you use), save as a 256 color bitmap, NOT a 24-bit bitmap. (Change the 'Save as type' dropdown menu right below where you put in the filename)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2006-03-24, 09:45 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "if your referring to a zelaron avatar,..."
You've got to have 10 posts first though.

-----

Blue, would I be wrong in saying that there used to be a little thread that dealt with common problems like the picture COLOURS not working?

If so, where did it get to?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-03-24, 10:40 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You've got to have 10 posts first..."
Lenny said:
You've got to have 10 posts first though.

-----

Blue, would I be wrong in saying that there used to be a little thread that dealt with common problems like the picture COLOURS not working?

If so, where did it get to?
It was the RM2k3 FAQ section, which I stickied back when I was a moderator, and then unstuck for some reason I can't recall at the moment.

I'm still not entirely sure why the rest of my stickied threads are still there though, I can't really enforce the 'rules' anymore and I can't edit my posts in either sticky.

It's not a huge deal though, no one ever read them anyway
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2006-03-24, 10:42 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "It was the RM2k3 FAQ section, which I..."
That's not true...I read them a couple of times.

I think we should petition to make you Moderator of the RM2K3 section again.

You know how thingies are mods of JUST the Dragoon section? We want you back!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-03-24, 02:23 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "That's not true...I read them a couple..."
I really didn't have much to moderate except a few thread splits and a bunch of double/triple/octuple posts that I had to combine/erase, though
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2006-03-24, 03:49 PM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "I really didn't have much to moderate..."
i agree w/ lenny, even though i've only been here a short time, i still think that you should still be a moderator
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sciencekid

Posted 2006-03-25, 07:54 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "i agree w/ lenny, even though i've only..."
Yea, I agree Too, Even tho i have been here less time then ScienceKid
a long time ago i came across the Zelaron Archive of the RM2K3 section.
I had no Clue there was a site about it until a month ago when i joined up.
But according to the Archive you were *Summoned* alot to help people and every
time you did. So I think you should give it another go.(Not that you don't
help people now, i just think you do alot for this section of Zelaron and should get more Athority)

-Ninja

Last edited by United_Ninjas; 2006-03-25 at 07:57 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
United_Ninjas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUnited_Ninjas is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

United_Ninjas

Posted 2006-03-25, 11:26 AM in reply to sciencekid's post starting "i agree w/ lenny, even though i've only..."
For what it's worth, I think you should be a moderator too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noble Swordsman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoble Swordsman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noble Swordsman

Posted 2006-03-25, 04:11 PM in reply to Noble Swordsman's post starting "For what it's worth, I think you should..."
Which basically means, that the whole RM2K3 forum wants Blue back as it's itsy bitsy Moderator chap.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-03-26, 12:48 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Which basically means, that the whole..."
ya got that right! *chants* blue-CUBE! blue-CUBE! blue-CUBE! blue-CUBE!

----------------
hey lenny, by the way,

COLORS! HA!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

sciencekid

Posted 2006-03-26, 09:08 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Invalid Color Depth = Open it in..."
BlueCube said:
Invalid Color Depth = Open it in MSPaint (or whatever you use), save as a 256 color bitmap, NOT a 24-bit bitmap. (Change the 'Save as type' dropdown menu right below where you put in the filename)
Umm Backtracking a bit, BlueCube how do you save it has a 256 color bitmap?
and by MSPaint i hope you mean Microsoft Paint cause thats all i have
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

United_Ninjas

Posted 2006-03-26, 11:11 AM in reply to United_Ninjas's post starting "Umm Backtracking a bit, BlueCube how do..."
Microsoft Paint = mspaint.exe. Yeah, I use MSPaint all the time.

------

Open up your file in MSPaint

File -> Save As

Change the 'Save as type' dropdown menu right below where you put in the filename to "256 Color Bitmap"

Import it into RPGMaker as usual
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

BlueCube

Posted 2006-03-26, 11:43 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Microsoft Paint = mspaint.exe. Yeah, I..."
ok thanx
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

United_Ninjas

Posted 2006-03-26, 11:48 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "Microsoft Paint = mspaint.exe. Yeah, I..."
BlueCube said:
Microsoft Paint = mspaint.exe. Yeah, I use MSPaint all the time.

------

Open up your file in MSPaint

File -> Save As

Change the 'Save as type' dropdown menu right below where you put in the filename to "256 Color Bitmap"

Import it into RPGMaker as usual
K problem, now it says "Invalid Image Size" how do i know what size to make it? i uploaded the BattleChar set that's giving me this trouble.

EDIT: damn it didn't work
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Genis Battle Char.bmp (51.7 KB, 0 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

United_Ninjas