Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2007-07-04, 07:34 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting ""So, be nice and get fucked or get..."
lawyers are douches
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-07-04, 10:16 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "lawyers are douches"
now you otice that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2007-07-05, 08:09 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting ""So, be nice and get fucked or get..."
I like fucking...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-07-05, 08:40 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting ""So, be nice and get fucked or get..."
HandOfHeaven said:
"So, be nice and get fucked or get whatever you can from whoever and fuck them."

NO, maybe you've just been extreemly fortunate and met great people. I've come to the conclusion that me giving people the benifit of the doubt is just foolish because most everyone I (or you or anyone) meet are going to somehow going to take advantage of you. Seems to me like lots (most) of people that I meet don't understand Courtesy or Respect and it annoys the fuck out of me because I have ALWAYS been courteous and respectful. UGH. people suck.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-07-05, 11:37 AM in reply to klo's post starting "NO, maybe you've just been extreemly..."
I'ma have to agree with that... somewhat, I always try to give the benefit of the doubt before I can read somebody...

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-06, 04:35 PM in reply to klo's post starting "NO, maybe you've just been extreemly..."
Well you need to get a change of scenery, because most of the people I know and have met are pretty chill, and their ages range from 18-30. I don't recall anytime that they took advantage of me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-07-06, 04:40 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Well you need to get a change of..."
HandOfHeaven said:
Well you need to get a change of scenery, because most of the people I know and have met are pretty chill, and their ages range from 18-30. I don't recall anytime that they took advantage of me.
That's another one of those things that will vary a bit based on your locale.

I live in Southern California, and the overinflated sense of entitlement everyone has here is nauseating.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-06, 05:21 PM in reply to klo's post starting "NO, maybe you've just been extreemly..."
klo said:
NO, maybe you've just been extreemly fortunate and met great people. I've come to the conclusion that me giving people the benifit of the doubt is just foolish because most everyone I (or you or anyone) meet are going to somehow going to take advantage of you. Seems to me like lots (most) of people that I meet don't understand Courtesy or Respect and it annoys the fuck out of me because I have ALWAYS been courteous and respectful. UGH. people suck.
Yeah you need to get outta vegas or wherever you live, get out into the country, it's much nicer.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-09, 08:24 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah you need to get outta vegas or..."
I was raised in WY, and we plan on moving back, eventually. The money out here is so good that if we save up as much as we can we can move in 3-4 years and buy a house...that's the plan at least.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-07-09, 09:43 AM in reply to klo's post starting "I was raised in WY, and we plan on..."
Man, I've always wanted to visit Wyoming. Have you been to Yellowstone?

Back on-topic: I finally get my car back today. A week and a half to repair a windshield? Lame.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-07-09, 11:06 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Man, I've always wanted to visit..."
Yea, I went to yellow stone. I've got pics at my parents, I'll myspace them to you :P. I was young though, like just turned 14.
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

klo

Posted 2007-07-11, 06:53 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "That does seem a bit daft. Does he..."
Lenny said:
daft.
Ya British as fuck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2007-07-16, 04:49 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah you need to get outta vegas or..."
D3V said:
Yeah you need to get outta vegas or wherever you live, get out into the country, it's much nicer.
Not really, in the country you get alot of the public aid type people with the same bullshit sense of entitlement.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2007-07-16, 04:50 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Not really, in the country you get alot..."
Slim said:
Not really, in the country you get alot of the public aid type people with the same bullshit sense of entitlement.
It's pervasive, and I feel that advertisement plays a large role in this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-16, 04:52 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It's pervasive, and I feel that..."
Intriguing. Go on...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-07-16, 04:54 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "It's pervasive, and I feel that..."
Vollstrecker said:
It's pervasive, and I feel that advertisement plays a large role in this.
Agreed, completely.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2007-07-16, 04:59 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Intriguing. Go on..."
Well, it's rather simple, but I doubt it's the sole contributor.

If you think about the constant barrage of advertisement that we're subjected to, talking about how shopping at X makes us smart shoppers, using Y beauty product will make us beautiful, and so on, the public is essentially being brainwashed into thinking they're superior to others or beginning to look down on others. That naturally leads to an engorged sense of self-importance and self-entitlement.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-16, 04:59 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Agreed, completely."
I think people in the country are far worse than in NYC.

I have this personal loose-theory I discuss now and then with people who live around here. I termed it "Fake Class." The people around here are just half-assed about everything, but extremely, overly and undeservedly proud of their provincial and unimpressive actions. In conjunction with the bar being set extremely low, they are snooty and pompous without justification (not that being a prick is ever justified.)

Example of "Fake Class:" Easter Bunny coming to the town in a helicopter, and using it after-the-fact as a way to advertise the town. (We had the fucking easter bunny come by goddamn helicopter!) *sigh*

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2007-07-16 at 05:02 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-07-16, 05:00 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I think people in the country are far..."
GravitonSurge said:
I think people in the country are far worse than in NYC.
Indeed, as country folk tend to be xenophobic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-16, 05:08 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Indeed, as country folk tend to be..."
I also have the special privledge to live in a sport tourist town, and work in a sport tourist hotel. 80% of the guests are suburban morons. The males are of two archetypes: tall and wide shouldered beer-bellied ex-jocks who believe they can get everything they want just by raising their voice, and quiet yet hyper and jumpy nerdy guys who probably do weird things to the bedding.

The females are just one kind: cookie cutter suburban wives who all look, talk, and walk exactly the same way. This is an annoying sneerish kind of way, as if everyone else is below them. I think having an original thought would probably cause them a mental breakdown.

Their kids are the resulting mixture of self-entitlement attitude and "my dad can beat up your dad" based needless arrogance. The kids are all also exactly the same. Many of them are A.D.D. and can't sit down quietly for a goddamn minute.

As one drunk tourist at the restaurant explained it, "this place is great! You just drop the kids off for the week, ditch the wife, go drinking and pick up chicks at the bar!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav