Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III

Diablo III May 1st Announcement
Posted 2008-04-29, 06:46 AM
Whatever is revealed will definately be posted here ASAP, and as the time draws closer the conspiracies grow larger and larger. What sucks really is the Diablo crowd has waited for so long for anything, and now this could just be another Hoax/Publiblicity stunt, who knows? Possibly Blizzard purchasing the domain? Who has any idea.. That would be the best thing, as if they purchase the domain atleast then anything on there from then on would be official, or maybe they just want to silent the fans.

Here's a snippett from the WoW forums.

Quote:
Diablo3.com - Now, a few days ago a counter began on this website. Set to end on May 1st. Above this counter reads, Number of day's until half the web links to diablo3.com. But why?

Now, they claim that it is not an official announcement of Diablo 3 by blizzard, but will not say what it is. Now as i noticed this, i also noticed that the forum list's on Worldofwarcraft.com have changed. They have changed the Realm and PVP Realm location, and if you look under Star Craft 2, you will see an opening for another forum. Could this be Diablo 3, which could be announced May 1st? Will this coincide with the International Blizz-con? I don't know but i was hoping for a blue post to tell me i'm wrong.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...36336642&sid=1

Also, from Diablo3.com itself here is the direct last post they have uploaded...

Quote:
In the past days there have been a lot of activity in the network sites after the countdown teaser. A few forum threads keep continuous debate between Diablo fans of what this announcement will be. I have given a few responses of what it is not, to make sure fans won't be thinking the wrong thing. We have made no claims and expect fans to not get caught up with the wave of speculations and rumors in the forums and the web to the point to believe them.

With that said, I will mention some of those I have ruled out since it seems fans haven't thoroughfully read all the forum posts in said thread.

Things the May 1 Announcement are not:
1. It is not an official announcement of Diablo 3
2. It is not about an upcoming Diablo novel
3. It is not a Network merge

Only Blizzard Entertainment may make an official announcement of games, unless we had a leak. However, we have no leaks. We know as much as you do whether or not there will or not be an announcement at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitationals. We do have our own set of theories such as the Blizzard Worldwide Invitationals ending the same day Diablo II was released (June 29 2000) and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction expansion being released (June 29, 2001). We will all have to wait and see what happens.

There are complete Wiki pages out there that go into great detail. Now, I don't want to knock the other D3 May 1st threads, but this way atleast guests and others lookin in can find another "official" link to this story, and be sure, that when it breaks, this post will be updated for everyone to see.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-04-29, 07:02 AM in reply to D3V's post "Diablo III May 1st Announcement"
I would actually get this game, even with full knowledge that DII almost ruined my life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-04-29, 07:29 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I would actually get this game, even..."
Agreed. I'm so tempted to play D2:LOD again since I saw my friend playing it. God...anyways, we'll know soon enough what the announcement is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-29, 12:38 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Agreed. I'm so tempted to play D2:LOD..."

Blizzplanet.com said:
The countdown teaser is reaching its end in two days, and I just wanted to share with Blizzplanet's audience a few things in case you can't load this fansite. Blizzplanet is hosted on Diablo3.com servers, which means nearing May 1 the servers might crash or lag with so many connections served per second.

I recommend everyone to register to the diablo3.com forums with a valid email.
Make sure to unblock @diablo3.com and check your Junk Mail folder in the next two days.

Those who want to sit at the IRC channel may do so at irc.gamesurge.net channel #diablo3

We are making as many preparations as possible so everyone is able to find out what happens on May 1. If you miss any of those backup-means to inform you, don't worry ... half-the-gaming sites on the web will most likely be announcing it too in your favorite language. =)

Don't forget to tell your family, friends, and online buddies to check out and bookmark Diablo3.com -- things are getting interesting.

Don't worry, I haven't sold Blizzplanet, and it is not merging. Blizzplanet is considered a sister site of Diablo3.com and I have become co-webmaster of said community which currently spans to 23,299 forum members and growing as I speak.

I will be going to the Blizzard Worldwide Invitationals along with Kazo (Kazatel) to bring you coverage on behalf of Blizzplanet, Diablo3.com and StarcraftTwo. So make sure to check us back for any photos, info and video we can bring.
http://www.blizzplanet.com/

2 more days, I love building hype, especially if we're all let down, some sort of weird devil's advocate personailty or something.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-04-29, 01:14 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Agreed. I'm so tempted to play D2:LOD..."
Willkillforfood said:
Agreed. I'm so tempted to play D2:LOD again since I saw my friend playing it. God...anyways, we'll know soon enough what the announcement is.
Same here but it is because I got an Intel mac and there is no way to play D2 on an Intel. This is one big reason why I hate mac.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-29, 01:15 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Same here but it is because I got an..."
Your processor's brand had not one thing to do with you being alotted to play Diablo 2, I can guarntee you that.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-04-29, 01:22 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Your processor's brand had not one..."
For mac, the requierments are as follows:
Quote:
* MacOS 8.1 or Higher
* G3 Processor or equivalent
* 64 MB RAM plus Virtual Memory
* 800MB available hard drive space (in addition to original Diablo II Multiplayer install).
* 4X CD-ROM drive
* Video support for 256 color display at 800x600 Resolution

I can't install it. See.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>

Last edited by Asamin; 2008-04-29 at 01:29 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-29, 01:26 PM in reply to D3V's post "Diablo III May 1st Announcement"
I'm excited. So excited, that I might run naked down East College Drive if it is Diablo 3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-04-29, 01:30 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I'm excited. So excited, that I might..."
Please don't.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-29, 01:30 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "For mac, the requierments are as..."
You said your processor was holding it back, not Mac. I'm not exactly sure how you install D2 on a MAC, but i'll google it later for you. It's MAC that is the problem, not your Intel.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-04-29, 01:32 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "You said your processor was holding it..."
Intel is the problem. I have it installed on a Power PC mac. That is what the game was written for. You think I have not tried everything?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-29, 01:36 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Intel is the problem. I have it..."
I will masturbate to the announcement if it's Diablo 3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-04-29, 01:39 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "You said your processor was holding it..."
D3V said:
You said your processor was holding it back, not Mac. I'm not exactly sure how you install D2 on a MAC, but i'll google it later for you. It's MAC that is the problem, not your Intel.
HOLY SHIT! It worked! Even the Native installer never worked before. Now it does. WTF??!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-29, 01:43 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "HOLY SHIT! It worked! Even the Native..."
Told you, I didn't feel like arguing, but idk. It's MAC that is/was your problem, guess you installed an update for it or something? Who knows..

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-04-29, 01:43 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://www.blizzplanet.com/content/diabl..."
If it isn't something great and diablo 3 related then they're going to lose A LOT of clout. They better not be making shit up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-29, 01:45 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "If it isn't something great and diablo..."
I'm becoming more skeptical of it the more I read, but who knows, we all may be suprised. I just don't want it to be something stupid and unrelated like a Diablo movie, or a new line of books or something..

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-04-29, 01:46 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Told you, I didn't feel like arguing,..."
D3V said:
Told you, I didn't feel like arguing, but idk. It's MAC that is/was your problem, guess you installed an update for it or something? Who knows..
It was not mac but the fact that it was made to be installed on 9.-- operating systems. I have 10.5.2.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-29, 01:48 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "It was not mac but the fact that it was..."
Who knows, it could be some awesome game none of us have ever thought of or even dreamed of before!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-04-30, 03:23 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Who knows, it could be some awesome..."
Well,whatever it might be will be dropped tomorrow, hopefully this isn't a carefully orchestrated Rick Roll... we'll see.

http://www.diablo3.com/cmps_index.php?page=chat

Anyways, there is a link to their open Chatroom.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-04-30, 11:21 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Well,whatever it might be will be..."
Lame...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven