Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Titusfied's Week 5 Power Rankings
Posted 2008-10-08, 03:19 PM
1. New York Giants - Congrats GruesomeBODY. It really impresses me when you discipline your #1 WR by benching him the game, and you still have an offensive explosion like that. With the defense still just as dominant as before, this team is looking unbeatable. I know it's any given Sunday, but this team is definitely the best in the NFL right now. I can't wait to see what they're made of when they matchup against Dallas.

2. Tennessee Titans - The only other undefeated team in the league right now, and they are good. Not quite the Giants, but they're certainly rolling. Pretty easy schedule in the future, and if the Colts can get their heads out of their asses and start running an offense, this MNF matchup in a few weeks will prove to be a great game to watch!

3. Washington Redskins - Wow, I hated writing that. 1.) I don't believe they're actually better than the Cowboys, but I can't diss them after beating them. 2.) They just beat my Eagles in a heartbreaking fashion. They got DEMOLISHED in the 1st quarter, but they owned the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, especially with running the ball and Clinton Portis. Is their O-line really that good, or was Philly just having an off day??

4. Dallas Cowboys - Hard to believe that 3 of the top 4 teams in the LEAGUE are coming from the same division, NFC East, but believe it. All these teams are solid and playing very well on both sides of the ball. As an Eagles fan, I can't continue writing good things about our division rivals, so I'm not going to.

5. Carolina Panthers - This was close between Pittsburgh, Carolina, and Buffalo, but I gotta go with the hot team here. Pittsburgh is injury prone right now, and not playing great football, and Buffalo is coming off a shallacking by the ARIZONA CARDINALS. If Steve Smith (S-Twice) can hold on to those damn TD passes, he'd be blowing up, and this team would be even better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-10-09, 12:28 PM in reply to Titusfied's post "Titusfied's Week 5 Power Rankings"
Oh I see, no one seems to care because their teams aren't elite, or doing as well as expected.

*cough* Thanatos *cough* D3V *cough*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-10-09, 01:33 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Oh I see, no one seems to care because..."
SHUTUPA YOU!

Accurate top 5, if you ask me. NFC East is crazy good this year. Who you liking for the Superbowl this year, Titus?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-10-09, 03:14 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "SHUTUPA YOU! Accurate top 5, if you..."
'tis is a pretty good list, i'd say. Not too much has really changed since last week. And for our own teams, if they aren't in top 5 it doesn't differentiate me too much against the polls, except this past week just hasn't changed much. (That and I slept almost all day sunday after being up all morning from saturday night).

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-10-09, 09:14 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "'tis is a pretty good list, i'd say...."
As much as i want to say hahaha the Giants are the best ill just keep it for myself. The only reason i wont gloat is because they really havent played anyone (aside from the week 1 redskin game), so that being said, here is my top five.

1. Giants- Well, they are SB champs and undefeated. Enough said.
2. Titans- Undefeated with a stellar defense. Kerry Collins as QB, with a solid offensive line will equal trouble for most teams without a passrush.
3. Redskins- 4-1 and and done with all division road games. CP is running all over the place and the offense hasnt turned the ball over yet. Looking like the potential lock for the WC from the NFC East.
4. Pittsburg- Only AFC team with the potential to make an impact. Big Ben has been decent even with that terrible O-Line. There Def has been pretty decent as well.
5. Dallas- I hate this team, but i have to say they probably are the best talented team out there. Thank god they have Tony Romo as QB to give the ball away, TO to cry a river after every game and Pacman Jones to keep up his "thugish" ways. Still, they are a force to be reckon with and will probably take the last WC from the NFC East.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-10-13, 06:45 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "As much as i want to say hahaha the..."
I'm definately ready to see how your rankings will be this following week =)

The AFC South boy, they showed up to play this weekend. Well, most of it. The Colts and Jaguars defiantely look reminiscant of years past, and hopefully this is just a preview of things to come. It was an excellent day for me both as a Jaguars fan, as well as an avid fantasy football player. Today at work shouldn't be too bad!

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-10-13, 07:41 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm definately ready to see how your..."
Oh man.. yesterday was awesome. Being in the new stadium was pretty surreal.. it's HUGE. I can't wait till 2012 when we host the Superbowl... but yeah great weekend for football, so many games were decided in the final seconds.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-10-13, 07:58 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Oh man.. yesterday was awesome. Being..."
How many seats does it actually have in it?

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-10-13, 07:59 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Oh man.. yesterday was awesome. Being..."
So happy that the Redskins and Cowboys lost, whicnh means the Giants will have 2 games on 2 divisional opponents if they win tonight.

Now Redskin fans can come down from their high and truly see that this team is not one to be reckon with. I mean they lost to St. Louis, who could have been the worse team in the league. And the Cowboys, the team is decent, but they give up the ball to much, especially Homo. I would be the happiest person alive if they miss the playoffs this year.

Congrats to the Eagles (Titus), Jags (D3v) and Colts (Thanatos) on quality wins this weekend.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2008-10-13, 08:22 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "How many seats does it actually have in..."
D3V said: [Goto]
How many seats does it actually have in it?
Taken from wikipedia:

"Seating capacity for football games is 63,000; an increase of more than 5,000 over the RCA Dome. The stadium, when it will host a Super Bowl, can be expanded to a capacity of 70,000"

Not sure how they're going to "expand" it to create 7,000 more seats, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-10-14, 02:41 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Taken from wikipedia: "Seating..."
Wow, lots of changes this week!!! I'll be writing the new rankings pretty soon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2008-10-14, 02:58 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Taken from wikipedia: "Seating..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
Taken from wikipedia:

"Seating capacity for football games is 63,000; an increase of more than 5,000 over the RCA Dome. The stadium, when it will host a Super Bowl, can be expanded to a capacity of 70,000"

Not sure how they're going to "expand" it to create 7,000 more seats, though.
When the Jaguars were told they were going to host the superbowl, they rearranged both end zones and put in temporary/additional seating. They ended up converting them into permanent seats.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V