Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
Sight 0 0%
Hearing 0 0%
Taste 8 57.14%
Touch 0 0%
Smell 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

What sense would you choose?
Posted 2008-12-04, 09:08 AM
Ok, [insert creative crazy reason here] you are forced to loose one of your 5 senses. Which would you choose to eliminate?

1. Sight
2. Hearing
3. Taste
4. Touch
5. Smell
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-12-04, 09:21 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post "What sense would you choose?"
-Spector- said: [Goto]
Ok, [insert creative crazy reason here] you are forced to loose one of your 5 senses. Which would you choose to eliminate?

1. Sight
2. Hearing
3. Taste
4. Touch
5. Smell
Easy choice: smell.

Everything else is pretty vital.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-12-04, 09:28 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post "What sense would you choose?"
I was going to go with taste, but smell seems more logical. Although you may not be able to tell if you left the gas going on the stove if you lose your sense of smell, spark a smoke and then die...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-12-04, 09:30 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I was going to go with taste, but smell..."
Obvious question is obvious.

Seriously, sometimes I wish I COULD lose my sense of smell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-12-04, 09:47 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Easy choice: smell. Everything else..."
I chose smell, duh.

Should have been: Sight, Hearing, or Voice?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-12-04, 10:19 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I chose smell, duh. Should have..."
Taste, nothing that you taste can tell you if its poisonious (sp) or not. There is nothing your sense of taste can do to save your life.

1. Sight - You can see danger.
2. Hearing - You can hear danger.
3. Taste - You can't taste danger.
4. Touch - You can feel danger.
5. Smell - You can smell danger.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-12-04, 11:03 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Taste, nothing that you taste can tell..."
Poisonous*

And I could never go without my taste. I love food too much.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-12-04, 11:06 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post "What sense would you choose?"
My life would be a lot easier if I had no sense of taste.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-12-04, 11:26 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Poisonous* And I could never go..."
Smell contributes more to your sense of taste than actual taste does. Taste is pretty useless.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-12-04, 11:41 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Smell contributes more to your sense of..."
@Jessifer - I Don't think Voice is a sense.

@Kaz - What types of danger are you referring to that you can smell?

I would probably choose smell, but it is the strongest sense linked to memory and emotion.

So I would then have to choose taste, though I do love tasting food, it would allow me to eat stuff that might be extremely nutritional, but tastes like shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-12-04, 11:44 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "@Jessifer - I Don't think Voice is a..."
I'm aware that it's not. I just think it would have been more of a split vote.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer

Posted 2008-12-04, 11:46 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I'm aware that it's not. I just think..."
Ahh I gotcha. Losing your voice completely would suck, but it wouldn't be AS bad if you could write down everything. Then again I'm not sure how you'd put emotion into what you were saying... it would be like online conversations.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2008-12-04, 01:06 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Ahh I gotcha. Losing your voice..."
id probly go with taste. even though it would suck, it would just suck less than all other options
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-12-04, 01:15 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Obvious question is obvious. ..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Obvious question is obvious.

Seriously, sometimes I wish I COULD lose my sense of smell.
Isn't your sense of smell connected with your sense of taste? So you lose one and you lose the other?

I would also choose smell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-12-04, 01:21 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Isn't your sense of smell connected..."
How the hell would you lose your sense of touch?

Anyways, I put smelling.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-12-04, 01:22 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "How the hell would you lose your sense..."
You can smell a fire, or in some cases a poisonous gas, you can smell a gas leak.. You can smell a lot of danger.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-12-04, 01:23 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "How the hell would you lose your sense..."
A fire burning away all your nerves, although I don't know how one could live happily that way.

Last edited by Wallow; 2008-12-04 at 01:26 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-12-04, 01:43 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "You can smell a fire, or in some cases..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
You can smell a fire, or in some cases a poisonous gas, you can smell a gas leak.. You can smell a lot of danger.
You can touch a hot stove.
You can see a person holding a gun to your head.
You can hear a helicopter about to crash.
You can feel the ground shaking before an earthquake.
You can taste poison before you engulf it.

You can apply bad situations to the loss of any sense.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-12-04, 02:02 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "You can touch a hot stove. You can see..."
Odds are you could smell the poison or see the poison before you would taste the poison.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-12-04, 02:03 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "You can touch a hot stove. You can see..."
D3V said: [Goto]
You can touch a hot stove.
You can see a person holding a gun to your head.
You can hear a helicopter about to crash.
You can feel the ground shaking before an earthquake.
You can taste poison before you engulf it.

You can apply bad situations to the loss of any sense.
where is smell?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla